EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the game yesterday
Marby way to good and smashed wc on every line
I also think holland is just to good of a coach aswell
Who were the big wc guns who didn’t play as I thought all these best players were out there

Relegation battle still on
Uptherox will Eliot play this week

Was at the game yesterday
Marby way to good and smashed wc on every line
I also think holland is just to good of a coach aswell
Who were the big wc guns who didn’t play as I thought all these best players were out there

Relegation battle still on
Uptherox will Eliot play this week
These 6 by all accounts would be in WC best 22 who did not play Saturday - Omar Saad, Tom Drake, Abdi Fittax, Jona Horro, Blake Ross, Perry Petrakios, still a massive mountain to climb you would think, but not all lost given makeup of WC team will be very different if they face each other again this year.

Is there a women's forum on big footy still? Noted that the preliminary final for women is being played at Buckley Park. That joint is an absolute cow paddock. Even in the summer it's not fit for cricket so no idea how it can be fit for a women's prelim final. We aren't serious about women's footy if we are sending them there to play.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Here is the Women's forum

These 6 by all accounts would be in WC best 22 who did not play Saturday - Omar Saad, Tom Drake, Abdi Fittax, Jona Horro, Blake Ross, Perry Petrakios, still a massive mountain to climb you would think, but not all lost given makeup of WC team will be very different if they face each other again this year.

Marby also missing several best 22 in Young, Brumby and Barry.

What would you give them ?

D for getting relegated
But at least in div 2 they will get a decent profit when they play the kangas at their ground & vice versa - especially if there is a night match scheduled.
Providing they hang on to majority of their group and add some they will be competitive in div 2.
On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No criteria

Hillside have improved and give themselves a double chance

St A find themselves again playing a knock out final. Have they improved 🤷‍♂️
Fair post.. St Albans paying out some coin as well but so do the other 2 in Marby and Hillside but they ended up top 3. Think it’s a fair call as club got value for there investment and ST Albans probably at the same level as last season but one would assume spending slightly more in 24 than 23.

No criteria

Hillside have improved and give themselves a double chance

St A find themselves again playing a knock out final. Have they improved 🤷‍♂️ Nice concept.
I like this debate:

Marby A and average 40 points per game.

WC A and average 23 points per game.

On this basis there could be a discussion around ladder position versus resources / cash?

But at least in div 2 they will get a decent profit when they play the kangas at their ground & vice versa - especially if there is a night match scheduled.
Providing they hang on to majority of their group and add some they will be competitive in div 2.
On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel (and already know of a number)
there will be a lot of SK and Rupo players going back to the Riddell. Both clubs won’t go near finals in C grade next year based off what I have heard. Expect a big drop off from both clubs (even bigger than the drop offs that occurred this year at both clubs

I like this debate:

Marby A and average 40 points per game.

WC A and average 23 points per game.

On this basis there could be a discussion around ladder position versus resources / cash?
Marby beat HS with 34 points, beat StA with 37 and beat WC with 39.
Points doesn't always translate to $$$ and or talent. But if you have the resources, you'd be made not to use them.
Not saying Marby is an A+, IMO they are better than the rest by some margin.

Marby beat HS with 34 points, beat StA with 37 and beat WC with 39.
Points doesn't always translate to $$$ and or talent. But if you have the resources, you'd be made not to use them.
Not saying Marby is an A+, IMO they are better than the rest by some margin.

Marby are the best side in it - they just need to perform in finals to prove that.

Points are irrelevant I think because part of being a good club is having the ability to recruit and attract good players to the club

Marby are the best side in it - they just need to perform in finals to prove that.

Points are irrelevant I think because part of being a good club is having the ability to recruit and attract good players to the club
$$$ help attract good players to any club. If every club was paying the cap how may of these good players would be at the top 5 clubs on reduced payments.

Interested to see criteria on how Hillside is an A+ and the other top 4 sides are As and Bs
I agree. Also I think they have gone the wrong way about it,. Yes they have recruited, but if they win GF ( which I don't think they can win ) and go up to A grade. Players such as Fort Caruso, Nat Caruso, Rob Costello, are all well past A Grade football. Then you have Jake Gatto, Alessio Gobbo, who both are not good enough to be A grade players. Then you could add their captain Prestia and 100 goal kicker Covelli, who I believe will both struggle in A grade
I could add a couple more on top of this, So that would be 7 - 10 players that would not be in your best A grade side, that will be too many players they have to recruit, to be competitive in A grade, and will probably go straight back down.

For a relegated club they were actually in a pretty good space. Good depth and not a shit fight off field.

Hillside are in no position to go up to premier - the thing they do have going for them is decent numbers with thirds, fourths and strong U18’s coming through

Based on current senior playing lists Marby are best suited to go up, followed by West Coburg.
Marby the only team who would compete in Prem. WC/Hillside would be bottom 2 or 3 quite easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back