EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MV just keep chugging along nicely.
Roxy as suspected.
CD, are they not as good as everyone expected? Burnside have definitely improved..

At least you are big enough to admit they need to create/change the culture up there. Good luck and hope you can do it Tharg.

I would come down to the club but I’ve been there 2 times before. Once my car wheels got stolen whilst I was watching the seniors and the next time I called an Uber and the Uber driver was playing for RP. Lol

Turbo trying out for the comedy festival it seems. Racially profiling clubs - really big man. Get out from behind the keyboard and say that to players faces.....don't reckon it will happen because you are a piece of crap with no balls

Turbo trying out for the comedy festival it seems. Racially profiling clubs - really big man. Get out from behind the keyboard and say that to players faces.....don't reckon it will happen because you are a piece of crap with no balls

Come on buddy you need to get a grip on things, other than my balls. Yes I just checked and I do have 2. A actually prefer Uber and I had car insurance so it was fine.

Here is another issue a have with EDFL footy. Why is Roxy allowed to have the same colours as Moonee Valley? Same as CD and Oak Park however they are in different divisions. Does Roxy wear an alternative strip playing MV??

Come on buddy you need to get a grip on things, other than my balls. Yes I just checked and I do have 2. A actually prefer Uber and I had car insurance so it was fine.

Here is another issue a have with EDFL footy. Why is Roxy allowed to have the same colours as Moonee Valley? Same as CD and Oak Park however they are in different divisions. Does Roxy wear an alternative strip playing MV??
Valley 19’s wear an alternate strip when they play Roxy 19’s don’t know why the seniors don’t anymore?

Roxy have some players who can play but in denial if they think that they don't mind going the man. At times a few of them forget they are playing C grade football and can throw a punch or bump or have the chest out like champions but are still just a C grade side. They can play no doubt but i think an attitude adjustment is needed at times.

Looks wide open for most in C grade except for Hadfield who i know are trying but just not good enough. Actually i noticed their coaches like featuring in the best, interesting.

Not often you see a side dominate this division a couple of years ago and are now at bottom. The hawks never give up and keep trying which is great to see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys with a lot of clubs not being able to fill under 19.5 sides with guys parting Friday nights or working Saturday mornings ! do you think the league should return back to the old ways ? under 17.5 on a Sunday afternoon and then all players over this age are senior footballers ! surely most clubs could then run 3 senior sides so everyone would still get a game and you would keep a lot of these boys playing .

Thats what happens when the money dries up and players dont want to play a higher level !

Your kind of correct in “most” of there recruits only shop themselves around to lower division clubs and are happy to play Div2 (or C Grade) footy. But the money hasn’t dried up at CD from what I understand. The powers that be can’t be happy out at Cumberland Rd..

I guess they don’t have 19s and 17s either so there only choice is to recruit. They are working hard to build juniors but I say it again, it’s a tough area with other clubs close by and the ground is not that inviting either.. Is a young family going to take little Johnny to Pacco or CD?
Anyway good luck to the boys out at CD. Wish them well..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys with a lot of clubs not being able to fill under 19.5 sides with guys parting Friday nights or working Saturday mornings ! do you think the league should return back to the old ways ? under 17.5 on a Sunday afternoon and then all players over this age are senior footballers ! surely most clubs could then run 3 senior sides so everyone would still get a game and you would keep a lot of these boys playing .
If the clubs run 3 senior sides, one of the teams would still need to play at 9.30 on Saturday morning. Friday nights might be a better option for Under 19s.

If the clubs run 3 senior sides, one of the teams would still need to play at 9.30 on Saturday morning. Friday nights might be a better option for Under 19s.
What about playing the 19’s game before the seniors and have the reserves first, in the end the second most important side is your 19’s

What about playing the 19’s game before the seniors and have the reserves first, in the end the second most important side is your 19’s
How about just putting it back to u18s where most of the players are still in school and are happy to play on a Saturday. Would say numbers have slowly decreased since they changed it

I have been looking at other leagues and it seems the VAFA play the under 19's at 2 pm. They also have a number of divisions and even have reserve sides. So it's not all about the money for some boys.

I have been looking at other leagues and it seems the VAFA play the under 19's at 2 pm. They also have a number of divisions and even have reserve sides. So it's not all about the money for some boys.
The problem with that is the VAFA u/19s play at the opposite ground to the seniors. So more umpires ,first aiders and volunteers would be required.A lot of the umpires do the u/19s and back up and do the Ressies as do first aid people

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back