EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congrats to the Saints on a great day. The Hall of Fame as they call looks sensational. Some of the old footballers from yesteryear looked menacing but great footballers I hear and there were plenty of stories and couldn’t believe the amount of mullets in many of the photos.
Haddy battled all day, hopefully they can keep that up, the saints have got some work to do in their midfield and delivery into the forward line needs improving, but overall great day and a large crowd too. Good for local footy and the club.

Interesting day of results.
Hadfield more than competitive, CD smash Jacana and Burnside beat MV & Sunbury demolish ES.

Covelli another 8. With 4 games to come against KP & Hadfield should we lock him in for the ton?

Jacana Gallen off a cliff?

Contenders so far appear to be: Sunbury, East Sunbury, Coburg and Burnside. Going to be a tight season. Sunbury to be too strong I believe though. They’re 100% a division 1 club.

Contenders so far appear to be: Sunbury, East Sunbury, Coburg and Burnside. Going to be a tight season. Sunbury to be too strong I believe though. They’re 100% a division 1 club.

Not sure how you can put East in that category, I would have Moonee Valley in there before them. Watching the broadcast last night they’re definitely not playing at the same standard that got them to Windy Hill last year. Think it may be a bit of a backward step for them this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That or Sunbury are far too good.

Sunbury are good no doubt about, not as good as they were made to look though. East butchered the ball around the ground especially going forward, even when under little to no pressure.

If we’re using Sunbury as the measuring stick surely you’d have Northern in there before East.

I watched sunbury in round 1, IMO yes they’re a good side, yes they’ll probably go deep this year but that jump between div 1 and 2 is huge. To say they’re definitely a div 1 side is jumping the gun so early in the season.

I watched sunbury in round 1, IMO yes they’re a good side, yes they’ll probably go deep this year but that jump between div 1 and 2 is huge. To say they’re definitely a div 1 side is jumping the gun so early in the season.

Better suited right now than any other club in division 2. The only clubs I see being able to make a successful jump are Burnside, East Sunbury and Sunbury. The rest are always going to be division 2 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better suited right now than any other club in division 2. The only clubs I see being able to make a successful jump are Burnside, East Sunbury and Sunbury. The rest are always going to be division 2 clubs.

Definitely from a club perspective I agree, they are a well established ‘country club’ with big sponsors, a massive supporter base and what looks to be a good culture.
I think maybe apart from CD no other club in div 2 is ready..... yet....

Sunbury is more than capable of playing division 1 in this comp. they have the resources and are competitive already.

What held them back at RDFL level was 4-5 years of dreadful recruiting. If they fixed that up they will sit comfortably in division 1.

Not sure how you can put East in that category, I would have Moonee Valley in there before them. Watching the broadcast last night they’re definitely not playing at the same standard that got them to Windy Hill last year. Think it may be a bit of a backward step for them this year.

Agree. In 2018 they were best placed to go up and just fell down on the last day. It’s a shame for the comp as they would have done better than what Roxy are doing in div1 imo. Yes staying down has put them back as they lost a few who didn’t want to play another year in this division. Now ultimately Sunbury Kangaroos are the club on the rise I think. Recruited well for div2 with some experience mixed in with some younger types. That’s the best idea in this division..

Definitely from a club perspective I agree, they are a well established ‘country club’ with big sponsors, a massive supporter base and what looks to be a good culture.
I think maybe apart from CD no other club in div 2 is ready..... yet....

CD would struggle in a higher division as no junior numbers coming thru for the next few years thus would have to recruit to many players to fit in with points

CD would struggle in a higher division as no junior numbers coming thru for the next few years thus would have to recruit to many players to fit in with points

They seem to do that every year now, I just meant with their financials, sponsors etc they can afford to go up and bring blokes in to play and be competitive in div 1

Agree. In 2018 they were best placed to go up and just fell down on the last day. It’s a shame for the comp as they would have done better than what Roxy are doing in div1 imo. Yes staying down has put them back as they lost a few who didn’t want to play another year in this division. Now ultimately Sunbury Kangaroos are the club on the rise I think. Recruited well for div2 with some experience mixed in with some younger types. That’s the best idea in this division..

Always going to happen Turbo. The better players tend to want to play in a better standard, especially when they are young, so a shame for Easts not getting the job done. I suspect had they kicked 7 more points last year they would have kept their list together added to it and revelled in Div 1. It’s a fine line, and it could take Easts a few more years to to the point they challenge again. Clubs will continue to get better year on year so keeping your home grown s and youth and recruiting is crucial.

Always going to happen Turbo. The better players tend to want to play in a better standard, especially when they are young, so a shame for Easts not getting the job done. I suspect had they kicked 7 more points last year they would have kept their list together added to it and revelled in Div 1. It’s a fine line, and it could take Easts a few more years to to the point they challenge again. Clubs will continue to get better year on year so keeping your home grown s and youth and recruiting is crucial.

Credit to the division it keeps going from strength to strength every year!!

Burnside by 20 over Coburg
Saints by 5 points over Valley.
East Sunbury by 10 over Haddy, but could be a real turn up here
Jacana over KeilorP. By 100 plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back