EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shame to see a club like the jags going through this. League need to learn from this and REALLY help struggling clubs

Drove past there bout 7pm there was 5 blokes having a kick on the track.... thought maybe they were starting late....
I guess I was wrong...

No good at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Foss, it’s very sad but think Jacana have decided to call an end to this season.

I hope the players who decided to leave last week can look in the mirror. Some have left behind memories that they might not get a chance to relive. Sometimes you should stay and give back rather than jump on the first raft of a sinking ship.

Foss, it’s very sad but think Jacana have decided to call an end to this season.

I hope the players who decided to leave last week can look in the mirror. Some have left behind memories that they might not get a chance to relive. Sometimes you should stay and give back rather than jump on the first raft of a sinking ship.

Unfortunately it’s the world we live in now. Money talks...
Very sad to see this happen especially to a club that always had home growns up until a few years ago.

Well said Turbo. The issue is that the lack of sustained junior programs are impacting the long term viability of clubs. The demographics have changed in Broadmeadows but I would have thought that they could get the kids up for most age groups.

Do you guys think if jacana officially pull out for the year they will re do the fixture??
eliminate the bye??

Do you guys think if jacana officially pull out for the year they will re do the fixture??
eliminate the bye??

Once everyone has played everyone once I think there will be a change to the fixture. Hard to see Jacana not being ruled out after playing 1 game in 3 weeks and the 1 game they did play they lost by over 450 points combined.

All good having a dig at players for leaving but the club haven't held up their part of the agreement.
I wouldnt blame players for walking out - club has been unable to guarantee a game the last three weeks.

Believe all players were paid up, so no one is owed money. Jacana have done the right thing by offering players clearances where some clubs (not specific to EDFL) have continued on past 30 June and then told players.

I just think 19 players leaving is to many and some should have stuck fat. But I’m not in the inner sanctum.

Hoping that they will be able to regroup, weather it is one week away or in 2020. Players have the opportunity to play as well so credit to them where it is due

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe all players were paid up, so no one is owed money. Jacana have done the right thing by offering players clearances where some clubs (not specific to EDFL) have continued on past 30 June and then told players.

I just think 19 players leaving is to many and some should have stuck fat. But I’m not in the inner sanctum.
I have it on good authority that all players have not been paid up to date and they were told things from the club and was found to be lies that’s why there was such large exodus .

I have it on good authority that all players have not been paid up to date and they were told things from the club and was found to be lies that’s why there was such large exodus .

From a local footy journo on Twitter earlier today (below)

Sadly, it seems @jacanafc's season is all but over.
A meeting with the EDFLFOOTY on Monday is expected to confirm the club's close for 2019 with a steering committee to be installed a fortnight after with the view to the Jaguars returning to the field in 2020.

Truly horrible situation for all involved. I had the luxury (and I see it as one) of coaching Kilmore a year we lost every game. I learnt more about myself and blokes in general that year than nearly any other across 20 odd years of footy. We used two main sayings all year as we pushed on .... we had to to ensure a long proud history was a chance to be added to.

Football doesn’t build character in people, it reveals it ...
it ain’t the amount of times we get knocked down that’ll define us but more the amount of times we get up.

My information from a reliable source said all payments were meet. However I guess we can have different friends. They only played a handful of games so being div2 surely it’s not a lot of $$.

Anyway best of luck to the Jags and all players for the future.

Anyone catch the Burnside/Sunbury game? Can we take anything from it even with the rain?

Was going to pop up after spending the day at the Keilor v Abers match but had a look at the radar and thought better of. Given the rainfall I witness from the comfort of my lounge room it looks like I made the right call lol.

Looks like it was close throughout with no more than a goal the margin at 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 time and Sunbury kicked away late. Covelli & Fawcus kept to 1 between them but given their size probably not the best night for them.

Wonder if the quality of Sunburys forwards was the difference. All their major players all kicked goals.

So are they going to re-do the fixture?

For the 2's it looks like there is only 2 games a weekend now with KP and Jacana gone?

So are they going to re-do the fixture?

For the 2's it looks like there is only 2 games a weekend now with KP and Jacana gone?

http://essendondfl.com.au/jacana-confirms-season-withdrawal-of-open-age-teams/

1. The existing fixture for Strathmore Community Bank Division 2 and Reserves Division 2 will remain unchanged.
2. Teams originally fixtured to play against Jacana FC will now receive a bye and an automatic four premiership points in each remaining home-and-away round.
3. For matches where Jacana FC played in Rounds 1 to 7 of Division 2 football, the premiership points awarded for those games will remain. However, all points scored for and against the Jacana FC in these matches will be cancelled.

Seems odd to have 3 reserves sides sitting out each week but it seems to be the way they are going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back