EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting now the wintry weather is upon us. What will change?

Districts will beat KP by 170. Well done KP for plugging away, winning lots of brownie points.

Match of the day Sunbury v The Fog. I think this can go either way and I rate Moonee. Just because of home ground, they may win, 15 points, Sunbury.

Haddy v Burnside. - I’ll be bold, I predict a plucky Haddy win by 3 points. Time to get one back. It’s a tough gig playing at Haddy.

Diabolical scenario in the 2’s for some clubs now that Jacana is out.some teams to play 12 games H&A...

It's a shame about the jags going into recess but I don't think this will be the last time we hear this as we ask more and more of volunteers and club officials ,Most clubs are trying to be professional as they can be but running suburban football club is now a business .We have part time admins trying to do full time roles and some people are in way over their head .I am not knocking them as if these staunch people did not put their hand up most like the role would go unfilled and clubs can not operate without a full committee, I don't have the answers but I do know that the various league will do nothing about it and as for the AFL forget it they have their collective heads buried so far up their brown chutes that they are a joke

It's a shame about the jags going into recess but I don't think this will be the last time we hear this as we ask more and more of volunteers and club officials ,Most clubs are trying to be professional as they can be but running suburban football club is now a business .We have part time admins trying to do full time roles and some people are in way over their head .I am not knocking them as if these staunch people did not put their hand up most like the role would go unfilled and clubs can not operate without a full committee, I don't have the answers but I do know that the various league will do nothing about it and as for the AFL forget it they have their collective heads buried so far up their brown chutes that they are a joke

Agreed it’s going to be difficult for the Jags to get back going next season but hope they do.
Can Keilor Park build a reserve side in 2020?

The difference is that Keilor Park have a sports club and a women’s team and juniors. Also some renovations going on there so they are doing the hard yards. Close connection between footy & cricket does help.

The best model is to get a business man to become president and run it like a business with some footy people underneath running things around the club and doing the hard yards with the committee. Tough gig especially in some areas.

Wow coburg smached KP 49 goals to one ouch must be hard for the kp coach to keep his blokes motivated and on the training track

You’d think coming up against a team like KP, CD would’ve rested a few players and blooded some younger ones. But I guess most players at CD just want the paycheque and would’ve been filthy not getting paid.

Wow coburg smached KP 49 goals to one ouch must be hard for the kp coach to keep his blokes motivated and on the training track

True but shows a strong resilience of both players and coach. Fight through the tough times and maybe they can regroup in the off season. Haven’t yet been out to a game but as long as they are playing footy the right way (no late hits etc) I say good on them.

True but shows a strong resilience of both players and coach. Fight through the tough times and maybe they can regroup in the off season. Haven’t yet been out to a game but as long as they are playing footy the right way (no late hits etc) I say good on them.

If they get through this year the culture and bond should be very strong heading into next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their club and the players themselves should be proud of each other. To them I say, well done.

Went and watched SK for the first time against the FOG
They aren’t the dominant team we all thought they’d be but they are still team the best side in this division
For the Fog didn’t have there best day but will be there at the pointy end again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting results across the board.
Hadfield going down to Burnside by that margin was a bit of a surprise. Does this give more of an indication that the conditions a couple of weeks ago had more of an effect on the game against Sunbury? (Keeping in mind Sunbury only scraped across the line against the hawks)

Are Coburg just flat track bullies?

Moonee Valley haven’t beaten any of the top 3 now, are there question marks over their premiership credentials this year?

Having seen all the sides play this year I don’t believe there are any clear contenders, the current top 4 will only have one change to its members come seasons end, districts out Valley in. The order however could come down to the final round. Hope any of those 4 clubs are ready for the jump to division 1, any one of them can win it on their day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their club and the players themselves should be proud of each other. To them I say, well done.
I agree good on the players and the club for banding together and toughing it out ,I was just stating it must be tough at the moment but hopefully better times coming for KP in coming seasons the edfl can not afford to have anymore clubs going into recess not that KP look like it

You’d think coming up against a team like KP, CD would’ve rested a few players and blooded some younger ones. But I guess most players at CD just want the paycheque and would’ve been filthy not getting paid.
Worst post I have seen
Every other club set the standard in what they will do when it comes to playing kp
And built on % CD had to do the same as it will come down to % in the top 4
Bit rich saying it’s the players not wanting to miss a payment.

Worst post I have seen
Every other club set the standard in what they will do when it comes to playing kp

Sometimes it’s the initiative of the club to rest players during these games to save some $$ more than players not wanting to play. For the players it’s easy $$ and especially forwards they love it as can kick plenty.

Clubs usually inform players before the season of intentions to rest a couple of mids and maybe sore players. Nothing wrong with that especially if the player can get away for the weekend maybe..

Worst post I have seen

Yes you're exactly right and SK dictated that right when it was evident KP and Jacana started to go downhill. And there's legitimately nothing wrong with that in a comp where percentage plays such a factor! To expect any team after that to rest players or not follow suit is unrealistic especially when it was a situation in last years finals of percentage being the difference between a double chance for a team who had won less teams vs a team who then became one and done.

In an ideal world those who are paid to administer this league will start to do some due diligence into whether each club is financially feasible and has the man/woman power before setting fixtures each season. Beyond the mess that's happened in this div for the past two years we now have the situation of Senior women's teams having to cop forfeits because their opponents have several under 18s players and the geniuses who fixture have decided to schedule those under 18 women at the same time as Senior women matches. Disaster.

Yes you're exactly right and SK dictated that right when it was evident KP and Jacana started to go downhill. And there's legitimately nothing wrong with that in a comp where percentage plays such a factor! To expect any team after that to rest players or not follow suit is unrealistic especially when it was a situation in last years finals of percentage being the difference between a double chance for a team who had won less teams vs a team who then became one and done.

In an ideal world those who are paid to administer this league will start to do some due diligence into whether each club is financially feasible and has the man/woman power before setting fixtures each season. Beyond the mess that's happened in this div for the past two years we now have the situation of Senior women's teams having to cop forfeits because their opponents have several under 18s players and the geniuses who fixture have decided to schedule those under 18 women at the same time as Senior women matches. Disaster.

You hit it on that the head. EDFL should do more to scrutinise whether clubs meet min criteria financially and as importantly, have the structure and resource to see out the year. But then again, what do they do if clubs don’t meet those criteria, as clubs are already not meeting criteria’s across a number of areas, one being having to have u19’s etc etc...

It’s tough both ways but something needs to be done to better administer clubs, for the sake of those clubs as well let alone the rest of the competition.

Onto footy...

I’m surprised by a few things so far.

- I thought east Sunbury would do better
- I didn’t think SK would do so well so far, but second half of season still to come and Districts to play them this week. They are certainly top 3 regardless and have been the best team in it to this point.
- Jacana were supposed to be up there, my how they’ve fallen.
- burnside the real surprise packet, but can they continue it?
- Moonee Valley, Coburg and Northern I can’t split, although Northern have surprised me so far, but I think they may fall away come closer to the end. Good seasons from Haddy, and like 8 said well done to KP for hanging in there.

That’s the EDFL for you. I remember when they made KP play for no points or deducted points because they were slightly late on payments yet it’s fine to play over the points limit (as per EK in div1) and no action taken. Speaks volumes for this league.. Probably hoping KP would fold and players go to neighboring clubs. Disgrace imo..

Sometimes it’s the initiative of the club to rest players during these games to save some $$ more than players not wanting to play. For the players it’s easy $$ and especially forwards they love it as can kick plenty.

Clubs usually inform players before the season of intentions to rest a couple of mids and maybe sore players. Nothing wrong with that especially if the player can get away for the weekend maybe..

its only a 14 game season for some players so they want to to play every week

110% correct on scheduling youth girls and women at the same time. The league have no idea about how to handle women's out scheduling in general

You hit it on that the head. EDFL should do more to scrutinise whether clubs meet min criteria financially and as importantly, have the structure and resource to see out the year. But then again, what do they do if clubs don’t meet those criteria, as clubs are already not meeting criteria’s across a number of areas, one being having to have u19’s etc etc...

It’s tough both ways but something needs to be done to better administer clubs, for the sake of those clubs as well let alone the rest of the competition.
QUOTE]

Clubs are busting a gut trying to get under 19s but there is not much they can do when the kids don't want to lay anymore or want to take a breaks as most of them have been playing 10 years already by the time they hit u 19's .
We as clubs are asking more and more of all the players senior ,reserve and u19's time wise and for no payment for reserves and u19's. With preseason clubs now want their footballers available for 10 months a year.
The edfl should follow the ammos idea with their club 18 and drop clubs back to playing thirds only where they need one senior /u19 side until they can build their numbers back up at least that would stop them going into recess .This will give them a chance to be competitive week to week and keep the doors open

That’s the EDFL for you. I remember when they made KP play for no points or deducted points because they were slightly late on payments yet it’s fine to play over the points limit (as per EK in div1) and no action taken. Speaks volumes for this league.. Probably hoping KP would fold and players go to neighboring clubs. Disgrace imo..

Don’t be a silly, Turbo. The league weren’t at fault when KP were late with matchies.

Don’t be a silly, Turbo. The league weren’t at fault when KP were late with matchies.

I didn’t say the league was at fault as they followed the rules but why is it the league treats clubs differently. They tried to sink the boots into KP and probably hoped they folded, yet they allow East Keilor to play over the points for a number of games and don’t punish them at all. Surely that’s not right. The EDFL clearly favour certain clubs and don’t treat all clubs equal. For a big organisation it’s a joke..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back