EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that Keilor Park may not have a 2s side and barely a 1s. Hope for their sake it's just rumour

Hey mate, it’s no secret they are trying hard to get enough numbers to field a 2s side but might struggle. Definitely have enough for a Senior side keeping in mind they also have 19s.

Can anyone confirm if Milaul from Airport West is at Northern. Got news today it was the case.How is Ferraro settling in at the Fog and how many goals could he kick there for the season? Can’t beleive Northern let him go, strange. Was there a fallout?
The coach said in the edfl podcast last week that Malual was there. And didn't RF punch out an 18yr old at the club last year? Then got a flogging from the kids old man. Maybe that was the reason

Last edited:
Hey mate, it’s no secret they are trying hard to get enough numbers to field a 2s side but might struggle. Definitely have enough for a Senior side keeping in mind they also have 19s.
I thought it was the case that if you can't field both sides, then you can't enter a senior side? Has that changed? Or special consideration from the board to get them back into the league?

I thought it was the case that if you can't field both sides, then you can't enter a senior side? Has that changed? Or special consideration from the board to get them back into the league?
Not fielding 2 sides meaning you can't enter a senior side has never been a thing , that is incorrect.

I guess it’s div2 footy so it should be allowed however I also understand it’s not ideal for situations like players returning from injuries but on the flip side I’m sure some ressie players don’t mind the week off.

Not fielding 2 sides meaning you can't enter a senior side has never been a thing , that is incorrect.

Think your right Survey however they wouldn’t allow it in premier or div1

I will go as far as to say Sunbury Kangaroos will win the premiership pretty easy. Badderly will kick 80 plus. Quigley will dominate through the middle and win the comp medal. Strong experienced midfielder. Walsh I hear is going around again and is a running machine.

I heard they were very competitive against a pretty strong HS side and had about 5-6 regular senior players missing..
Good luck to them as they are a good club..

The coach said in the edfl podcast last week that Malual was there. And didn't Ferraro punch out an 18yr old at the club last year? Then got a flogging from the kids old man. Maybe that was the reason

I really hope you were there to witness this with your own eyes and the whole situation around it before posting something like this. Same as someone posting about a supposed all in brawl between Craigieburn and Moonee Valley juniors when the teams never even played each other that weekend. Bloody hell the absolute rubbish just being thrown around this league now in every division is an embarrassment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Sunbury Kangaroos wear an away strip against Coburg Districts? Also next season if they play Oak Park As identical jumpers.

Im not a fan of clubs having indentical colours and emblems. Think the EDFL need to look into this..

Sorry, my bad, it was just my understanding, I thought there was a bylaw stating that both sides needed to be filled to take the pitch. It's good to see KP back in the mix, I think they might surprise a few in a few games. Going to be cellar dwellers, but if they can keep injury free, and their best players available, will push a couple especially later on as they get a feel for each other. Must have been close to a seconds side, had 36 blokes last week.

Throwing around whispers like that you would want to know facts surely.
Not trying to pot the bloke, but this happened, I was there for the initial incident, but didn't see the father come down to rectify the situation. That part was from a mate who was playing in the same group.

Jacana > BH by 19.
Sunbury > NS by 32.
East Sunbury > CD by 9.
Hadfield > KP by 54.

Also, interesting/funny to see during the week the Burnside Heights Season Preview by the EDFL where it looks like Stott the coach took the piss out of the interview. Saying his players had been getting together twice a week for Pilates & only named 5 “ins” where none of the previous names in this thread were mentioned. Maybe hold their cards close to their chest?

Jacana > BH 35.
NS > Sunbury by 24.
East Sunbury > CD by 7.
Hadfield > KP by 50 +

I will go as far as to say Sunbury Kangaroos will win the premiership pretty easy. Badderly will kick 80 plus. Quigley will dominate through the middle and win the comp medal. Strong experienced midfielder. Walsh I hear is going around again and is a running machine.

I heard they were very competitive against a pretty strong HS side and had about 5-6 regular senior players missing..
Good luck to them as they are a good club..

You are in for a rude awakening. They will be lucky to make finals.

Not trying to pot the bloke, but this happened, I was there for the initial incident, but didn't see the father come down to rectify the situation. That part was from a mate who was playing in the same group.
it wasn’t his father that came down, it was his older brothers

it wasn’t his father that came down, it was his older brothers

Anyway....

this situation has nothing to do with Rocky leaving the club....

He was originally going to retire. The body isn’t holding up too well now, maybe Moonee valley enticed him with some nice incentives???

They’re putting together a nice side this year....

This comp will be very competitive I look forward to being on the other side of the fence now and watching a few different games throughout the year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyway....

this situation has nothing to do with Rocky leaving the club....

He was originally going to retire. The body isn’t holding up too well now, maybe Moonee valley enticed him with some nice incentives???

They’re putting together a nice side this year....

This comp will be very competitive I look forward to being on the other side of the fence now and watching a few different games throughout the year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for clearing up Foss. I didn’t think it was anything untoward between the parties as I hear he was still respected by the club given his connection with the club.

Jacana over Burnside 40+ points.
Sunbury over Northern 25. A lot of hype on this div 2 thread about Sunbury, May have swayed my pick
Easts over CD by 23
Haddy to thrash KP 60+ Can’t expect too much from KP coming back after a season.

Sorry, my bad, it was just my understanding, I thought there was a bylaw stating that both sides needed to be filled to take the pitch. It's good to see KP back in the mix, I think they might surprise a few in a few games. Going to be cellar dwellers, but if they can keep injury free, and their best players available, will push a couple especially later on as they get a feel for each other. Must have been close to a seconds side, had 36 blokes last week.
I think that's what is disappointing. Round 1 is always an exciting time. Hope not having a game Saturday deters players from staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back