EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

BH very disappointing
Finalist last year and looks like may finish 6-7th
Did they overachieve last year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Parking could be an issue for finals but I guess there is a train station close. Ground condition never been great so hopefully no rain leading up. But give it a chance.

Good to see some finals games being played in Sunbury, it’s been a while. I’m hopeful with the grounds around here being upgraded we see more of it in the future.

Went and watched CD vs ES on the weekend, thought it was east best performance for the season that i have seen. CD have left some percentage out there with some inaccurate kicking, a loss this week would make for an interesting last round.

Parking could be an issue for finals but I guess there is a train station close. Ground condition never been great so hopefully no rain leading up. But give it a chance.
Expect a big big crowd if northern saints reserves are playing that day at Rupo. They packed out glenroy this time last year.

BH very disappointing

Have watched them a bit. I think they lack a bit of depth, but they're been unlucky in a few games. And by all reports the division has improved significantly.

It's a good club. They'll be ok.

There's an alternate road that runs from the entry down to the bottom of the hill. Ample parking and a train station.

Seriously? The ground's in great nick and has been all year.

Indeed.
I wasn’t being disrespectful to Rupo mate so please don’t take it that way. Totally understand the issues as it’s in a school so not sure who manages the facilities.
However it only really caters for supporters on 1/2 the ground. But I’ve always liked tat interchange benches are on the same sides. I know I’ve been criticised before but this league need to become more professional with interchange benches at all grounds and also runners wearing pink instead of lime. That will reduce the amount of time a runner is on the ground.
Yes the edfl is concerned about issues between spectators and players if coaches benches were on the same side but surely they as strong enough to enforce rules and fines. Oh wait no they aren’t 😄😄

Have watched them a bit. I think they lack a bit of depth, but they're been unlucky in a few games. And by all reports the division has improved significantly.

It's a good club. They'll be ok.
Yeah and I’m sure they are much younger this year than previous years. They went with a younger development type coach so it will take time. I could assume they have a 2-3 year plan! They have been competitive in most games judging by results.

I wasn’t being disrespectful to Rupo mate so please don’t take it that way. Totally understand the issues as it’s in a school so not sure who manages the facilities.
However it only really caters for supporters on 1/2 the ground. But I’ve always liked tat interchange benches are on the same sides. I know I’ve been criticised before but this league need to become more professional with interchange benches at all grounds and also runners wearing pink instead of lime. That will reduce the amount of time a runner is on the ground.
Yes the edfl is concerned about issues between spectators and players if coaches benches were on the same side but surely they as strong enough to enforce rules and fines. Oh wait no they aren’t 😄😄
Yeah I know mate, it’s more of an onus to northern for having big crowds.

I think the first reserves final will be a ripper and I’m sure all crowds will be very well behaved, looking forward to this finals series. Anyone’s flag in both reserves and seniors. It just comes down to whoever is switched on, on the day.

BH very disappointing

Very!
Think its a bit of a mixture of:
Lost a few old heads
Too many younger players
Not a lot of buy in form players re new coaches

See how they go in year 2 in 2024 under the new coach, hopefully its just an adjustment year

BH very disappointing

See how they go this week against the roos. Though I think Sunbury will get it done as they are a chance at getting in the 4 if OP beat Coburg. What a cracking year it’s been in this division.

Agreed, too early to rule BH out did beat Sunbury at Sunbury in round 1.

Interested to hear everyone else’s thoughts on Team of year and league medal predictions?

Yeah I know mate, it’s more of an onus to northern for having big crowds.

I think the first reserves final will be a ripper and I’m sure all crowds will be very well behaved, looking forward to this finals series. Anyone’s flag in both reserves and seniors. It just comes down to whoever is switched on, on the day.
Agreed mate! Anyone’s flag in both seniors & reserves.. Northern 2s are absolutely flying had just beat Taylor’s lakes by 45 without 6 of they’re starting 22..
More than excited for the upcoming finals series 🔥

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHAT? an under 16 player cant play? why not, if he is good enough...... if this is true the league continues to surprise me....
You need to get approval from the EDFL for anyone under the age of 16 to play senior footy. It happened a few years ago where oak park where trying to get the young Pascu kid approval to play as a 15 yr old. Not sure if they approved or not.

WHAT? an under 16 player cant play? why not, if he is good enough...... if this is true the league continues to surprise me....
An example might be they need to wear a helmet. That’s what happens in girls footy I believe who push up to play senior footy. But it’s an interesting one. Probably has some sense to it mate. But as I said on the junior thread maybe if they have a beard at 15-16 they can play. 🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back