EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive get for East Keilor get Julier but really find that hard to believe, the bloke bleeds Colts. Would be top 3 or 4 ruckman in A grade so would dominate at B grade! A super super player and would instantly give there on ballers first use... I hope he goes, one less player for us to worry about.

LOL lm very happy to hear that the edfl head honchos have aggreed to terminate their "well thought out plans" for C grade. Not only did they not do their research, but they wouldnt listen to the concerns of the b grade clubs.

Even though l think we do need a c grade, if not done properly it will be the end for a few clubs while they introduce new clubs. Dont forget when roxy and hillside started, they were getting smashed by the same margins as the bottom sides are now.

Edfl will never admit it, but they embarresed themselves in local and national papers by being critical of the afl and vfl decisions to not let clubs enter edfl.

If ever the EDFL needed a new committe, the time is NOW!!!

Haven't heard anything but they've spoken to pretty much every local footballer in the state apparently so I wouldn't at all be suprised.

Airport West has signed Simon Wiggens this was reported on B-Grade thread (Prev page) with a list of other new players. The list was from the local paper article. My word is that AW are still on the hunt for players and recently signed some prommising 18 > 20 year olds from other clubs this week.:)

LOL lm very happy to hear that the edfl head honchos have aggreed to terminate their "well thought out plans" for C grade. Not only did they not do their research, but they wouldnt listen to the concerns of the b grade clubs.

Even though l think we do need a c grade, if not done properly it will be the end for a few clubs while they introduce new clubs. Dont forget when roxy and hillside started, they were getting smashed by the same margins as the bottom sides are now.

Edfl will never admit it, but they embarresed themselves in local and national papers by being critical of the afl and vfl decisions to not let clubs enter edfl.

If ever the EDFL needed a new committe, the time is NOW!!!

I was under the impression that C Grade WILL come in after round 13 in 2012. That is, the B Grade will split before round 14 with the 6 bottom teams making up a new C Grade and the top 8 teams completing the season in B Grade.

As for new committee, I heard that 2 new committee member were elected last week.

seen in the age or herald sun fogert which 1

that kelior park is lookin for a seniors 2ns and 18s coach... bloody hell
whats goin on there?

Big trouble it would seem.

Heard roxburgh park could be getting some new facilities in the next 12 months in between the two ovals after a merger of the broadmeadows sub district and roxburgh park cricket clubs

whats goin on there?

Hopefully they sort themselves out

Does anybody know why Murray Silver left KPFC shy of seasons end in 2011? he was on 97 goals or so, i could be wrong

Murray Silver has just signed with the reigning A Grade Premiers Strathmore... If true, top get for Strathmore

whats goin on there?

Not the best when B Grade clubs are scrambling to prop up their teams and avoid the dreaded C GRADE. With 8 clubs to make up the top 8 after round 13, which clubs are expected to make it to B Grade, which clubs likely to make C Grade and which clubs in the middle?

Expected to make B Grade: Airport West, Tullamarine, West Coburg, Taylors Lakes, Northern Saints, West Meadows
Likely to end up in C Grade: Jacana, Roxburgh Park, Moonee Valley
Sides fighting for remaining 2 spots in B Grade: Keilor Park, East Keilor, Hadfield, Glenroy, Hillside.

C Grade would be hard to swallow for clubs who have spent years in A Grade in the past like Keilor Park and East Keilor so it is vitsal for those clubs that they make B Grade as supporters would drop right off.

C Grade clubs will have to win 2013 flag for earliest chance to get back to B Grade in 2014. May be too late for some.

Not the best when B Grade clubs are scrambling to prop up their teams and avoid the dreaded C GRADE. With 8 clubs to make up the top 8 after round 13, which clubs are expected to make it to B Grade, which clubs likely to make C Grade and which clubs in the middle?

Expected to make B Grade: Airport West, Tullamarine, West Coburg, Taylors Lakes, Northern Saints, West Meadows
Likely to end up in C Grade: Jacana, Roxburgh Park, Moonee Valley
Sides fighting for remaining 2 spots in B Grade: Keilor Park, East Keilor, Hadfield, Glenroy, Hillside.

C Grade would be hard to swallow for clubs who have spent years in A Grade in the past like Keilor Park and East Keilor so it is vitsal for those clubs that they make B Grade as supporters would drop right off.

C Grade clubs will have to win 2013 flag for earliest chance to get back to B Grade in 2014. May be too late for some.

Given their recruits it would be very unlikely that Glenroy will be in the bottom 6 and Hillside are recruiting fairly strongly as well. My guess is Jacana, Roxburgh Park, Moonee Valley, KP, EK, Hadfield but we won't know until at least a couple of rounds in.

On another matter why hasn't the B grade fixture been released, because they are trying to get a new team into the comp or becasue they are waiting to see if one or more of these clubs fall over!!

I am guessing the reason the fixture isnt out yet is cos they are not going ahead with c grade at all.

What a disaster for the clubs that have over spent to avoid relegation.

May be some unhappy players going around after xmas when clubs re do contracts to cut costs.

Cant see Hillside staying in the top 8 by the way, from word around they numbers at training have been quite low. But that could be pub talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

APW might not get as much out of Daniel Harris as they would like , i hear he has been offered a job down at North Melbourne mentoring the midfield ??

Does anybody know why Murray Silver left KPFC shy of seasons end in 2011? he was on 97 goals or so, i could be wrong

Murray Silver has just signed with the reigning A Grade Premiers Strathmore... If true, top get for Strathmore

Murray missed the last 3-4 weeks through injury, he otherwise would have played the season out.

I am guessing the reason the fixture isnt out yet is cos they are not going ahead with c grade at all.

What a disaster for the clubs that have over spent to avoid relegation.

May be some unhappy players going around after xmas when clubs re do contracts to cut costs.

Cant see Hillside staying in the top 8 by the way, from word around they numbers at training have been quite low. But that could be pub talk.

You assumption is wrong. B and C Grade WILL be in next year. Going to create more interest than A Grade as C Grade will hurt some clubs. Especially as C Grade club that wins premiership next year will not gain promotion back up to B Grade at end on next year. The winner of C Grade flag of 2013 will then get back to B Grade in 2014. That is a huge time for clubs to be stuck in C Grade and it may be too long for some.

Can someone explain to me how its going to hurt clubs?

1. Sponsors
If you are winning you have a better chance of getting sponsors? If a team in C grade wins 8 games next year compared to only winning2 or 3 mabye in B grade?

2. Team moral.
At the struggling B grade clubs by mid july its pretty tough to even get 22 blokes to take the field , By that stage everyone is over getting flogged by 100pts every week. For people who have always played at a sucUessful club its hard to get excited when as much as you want to play footy and enjoy it. Its not very fun at all. Bringing in C grade will mean teams stil hav somthing to play for come mid late july next year, which means more players at training- more thurs nite dinners sold - more money flowing through the smaller clubs.

3.The chane to play finals
There are people i know at some of the not so strong clubs in B grade who have never played finals. There 25- 30 been at the club for years and never had the chance. To them playing in a C grade finals is still finals. At the end of the day a grand final is a bloody grand final ( im sure some of us have played ina f grade basketball or cricket comp granny) and to win a flag is somthing you take to your grave.

This year i feel theres somthing to play for and im sure at the end of the year the C grade granny winner wont be complaining

As neither will the edfl with another series of finals @$10 per person
We are lucky playing in the edfl for our families to come each week its free, so for them to make some more coin at the end of the year i say good on em.

Great Post West Coast Eagles :thumbsu:

What is happening at Tullamarine? Maybe Product2 can fill us in.
I heard this morning that Danny Rajab and Johnny Bok have both left to Marby Park i think..
Also Jamie Laverde and Mo Allouche to Yarraville with Harmes and Dorazio.
and that Mick Egan is no certainty to stay ??

Good that they are recruiting but you dont want to lose too many as all you do is replace and not add and build

1. Sponsors
If you are winning you have a better chance of getting sponsors? If a team in C grade wins 8 games next year compared to only winning2 or 3 mabye in B grade?

2. Team moral.
At the struggling B grade clubs by mid july its pretty tough to even get 22 blokes to take the field , By that stage everyone is over getting flogged by 100pts every week. For people who have always played at a sucUessful club its hard to get excited when as much as you want to play footy and enjoy it. Its not very fun at all. Bringing in C grade will mean teams stil hav somthing to play for come mid late july next year, which means more players at training- more thurs nite dinners sold - more money flowing through the smaller clubs.

There are people i know at some of the not so strong clubs in B grade who have never played finals. There 25- 30 been at the club for years and never had the chance. To them playing in a C grade finals is still finals. At the end of the day a grand final is a bloody grand final ( im sure some of us have played ina f grade basketball or cricket comp granny) and to win a flag is somthing you take to your grave.

This year i feel theres somthing to play for and im sure at the end of the year the C grade granny winner wont be complaining

We are lucky playing in the edfl for our families to come each week its free, so for them to make some more coin at the end of the year i say good on em.

Agree mate although the clubs didn't actually want div 3

The thing that will hurt clubs like jacana and moonee valley roxy is that they have stuff all supporters.... Clubs like pacco westmeadows glenroy have good followings which helps those clubs at home games financially with increased bar and canteen sales and now they won't get to play those clubs

I have not played in a final since my under 16 grand final so I'm looking forward to div 3

1. Sponsors

2. Team moral.

top post West Coast :thumbsu:

It might dint the pride of a few clubs initially going down to Div 3,
but as you said mate, some will have there chin up by playing finals footy and i think the clubs and the league will prosper and benefit from the change

Kicked 93 and missed last few games injured.
I was under the impression he was signed at KP for 2012.
Fantastic player but might be too far past his best for A Grade (65 of the 93 came against RP, MV and Jacana). Don't Strathmore have a pretty handy full forward anyway?

Thanks Driscoll, dont quote me on that mate, alot of rumours this time of year, just relaying what i was told
He is a gun player that would slot into any team in EDFL i would think..

Congrats to Rolling Meadows / East Sunbury Football Club on joining the EDFL juniors in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back