EDFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the canteen lady at East Sunbury knows the Caruso boys are at Coburg next year.

I saw her the other day and she told me big Lance will be playing this week.

She also told me Glenroy doesn't want to go up a Division and will be more than happy to be runners up

I saw her the other day and she told me big Lance will be playing this week.

She also told me Glenroy doesn't want to go up a Division and will be more than happy to be runners up
She sounds reliable. I don't doubt her for a second..

predictions this week -
NORTHERN SAINTS V GLENROY, NORTHERN BY 11.
TAYLORS LAKES V WEST COBURG, TAYLORS BY 23
TAYLORS LAKES V HADFIELD, flip of the coin taylors by 5 (only due to 2010 grand final when they went in expecting 10 goal loss and won by 5-6 goals)

Well done, Northern Saints 2013 Division 1 Premiers.

So many people have worked hard for a long time to enjoy this moment. I hope they have a great night and then start planning for what will without doubt be a very tough season in 2014.

Great day and night for the mighty Saints :) Ozdemir, Nat Caruso and Abou-Eid great for the Saints. Very physical game, particularly early. Glenroy made a good charge late in the third aided by poor kicking for goal by the Saints, Saints blew the game open early in the last

Great day and night for the mighty Saints :) Ozdemir, Nat Caruso and Abou-Eid great for the Saints. Very physical game, particularly early. Glenroy made a good charge late in the third aided by poor kicking for goal by the Saints, Saints blew the game open early in the last

:thumbsu: Final scores at Windy Hill today..

Northern Saints 13.23.101 Def Glenroy 13.9.87

23 points, 36 scoring shots to 22..

Well deserved flag for the Saints, too tough, too good, and an all round better team.

See more

This bloke looks like he played back in the 50's. Was excellent yesterday and must have gone close to BOG.

I thought Moody's work in the ruck and around the ground is worthy of a mention too.

This bloke looks like he played back in the 50's. Was excellent yesterday and must have gone close to BOG.

I thought Moody's work in the ruck and around the ground is worthy of a mention too.

Such a solid unit of a team is Northern Saints.

Very close bunch and very good coach, and they all know how each other plays...

This is a team that will be very competitive in Premier Div next year, without a shadow of a doubt.

Just need to stick fat because Premiership teams like this don't happen much.

And whatever it is, they've got it

Great win by Northern Saints in what was one if the toughest games of local footy you're ever likely to see. Both sides were dedicated and uncompromising but in the end the Saints class and discipline got them over the line.

Fantastic to see so many faces from the past, from both North Coburg/St Oliver's and Fawkner Park. For those from the North Coburg side if things it was a first ever senior flag. From the Fawkner side of things their club was down for the count. The had a great group of people that even when they no longer had a team did everything they could to clear their debts.

So many great people from both sides. But if there is one single soul that deserves a mention it is timekeeper Russell Dowling, my first ever coach and absolute legend of the club. The smile on Rusty's face made it just that much sweeter.

Please dis-regard any previous posts regarding the Caruso boys, rest assured they won't be going anywhere, this is only the beginning. The very reason they came back home to the Northern Saints was to build a succesful culture and leave their own print on a club, as stated earlier this is only the beginning. There were offers aplenty from metro Melbournes biggest & cashed up clubs, all were politely declined for the aforementioned reasons.

I won't make any silly statements regarding Northern Saints Premier division chances, but I am very confident they will put together a very competitive team, survival won't be a problem. Mutton reserve won't be a ground opposition teams will look forward to coming to. The wheels are already in motion.

Just on a side note, a group of players (approx 7) left Hadfield approximately 18 months ago in very acrimonious circumstances. They never really got to tell their side of the story & were widely criticized across the league. 4 of those 7 played in yesterday's Premiership. Of the remaining 3, 1 did his ACL earlier this year, 1 retired due to business commitments & 1 went & played in another league. Lets hope those who were quick to knock them are just as quick to congratulate them on yesterday's success.

On another side note, is it true there is a power struggle at Hadfield? Coach trying to get rid of President & President trying to get rid of Coach? Is this correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to all involved down at Northern Saints, they've really worked tirelessly to get themselves into their current position.
From what I've been told they're already working on a number of quality signings to ensure that they stay up in the Premier division.

Congratulations to all involved down at Northern Saints, they've really worked tirelessly to get themselves into their current position.
From what I've been told they're already working on a number of quality signings to ensure that they stay up in the Premier division.

They've also got a few 16-18 years olds playing around the traps who might be tempted to return and who would add some depth in the 18s and 2s.

I also heard on NWFM that there will be no relegation out of Div 1 if Burnside are good to go in 2014. A lucky break for Westmeadows. The down side, a bye in Div 1 next year.

Broadbent is too old and too slow, finished as a top line player.
Westy should be looking to spend its money on a younger man that can offer at least 3-4 years to the club for the same money.

Apoliges to Broadbent made a mistake he is still a Gun! Best on ground in grand final.
Sorry Shagga.

They've also got a few 16-18 years olds playing around the traps who might be tempted to return and who would add some depth in the 18s and 2s.

I also heard on NWFM that there will be no relegation out of Div 1 if Burnside are good to go in 2014. A lucky break for Westmeadows. The down side, a bye in Div 1 next year.
There should not be a bye in div 1. There should be 10 teams in Prem and Div 1 and only 7 in div 2. why should div 1 only play 16 games? The league has 2 compromised draws when there should only be 1.

There should not be a bye in div 1. There should be 10 teams in Prem and Div 1 and only 7 in div 2. why should div 1 only play 16 games? The league has 2 compromised draws when there should only be 1.

The league definitely needs an 8 team division at minimum, otherwise it would be ridiculous and a joke having 7 teams in the one division imo..

What are the rumours?

Who is the new club set to join the EDFL? (seniors)

And is their one?

Any gossip guys on coaches recruits? Connell to Westy and Ben Chapman to OP to coach

Has anyone else heard the rumour that...

IF Paul Chapman doesn't get another chance at Geelong next year he would jump at the opportunity to return to his junior club, especially after being promoted to Premier Division recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back