EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a good sign for HS, blokes walking out this time of year, hope there's no problems down there
Both are pensioners Lol club might be sticking to a youth policy

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your right OBH club looking to promote youth as remember HS under 18.5 side won the premiership last season (and were pretty dominant) so plenty of kids coming through and they need opportunities. That can only be a good thing for HS as look what can happen when kids don't get opportunities. If HS (or any other club) has ambitions to go up to premier you must start giving players senior games in div1 to get them ready for premier. It ultimately kills clubs going up having to recruit basically a new side. Develop your own and that's were Burnsy is a great coach as his willing to give these kids the opportunities "if" they are willing to do the hard yards.

Weightman was very good for HS over past years and if he wishes to leave then I'm sure it's on good terms. Think his body struggles with the training commitments especially pre season. His respected at HS..

The 2 Greenvale boys played on Saturday and both were very impressive. Gee that Aloi has a brilliant kick on him. Hitting targets from 50mts. A huge in for HS..

Your right OBH club looking to promote youth as remember HS under 18.5 side won the premiership last season (and were pretty dominant) so plenty of kids coming through and they need opportunities. That can only be a good thing for HS as look what can happen when kids don't get opportunities. If HS (or any other club) has ambitions to go up to premier you must start giving players senior games in div1 to get them ready for premier. It ultimately kills clubs going up having to recruit basically a new side. Develop your own and that's were Burnsy is a great coach as his willing to give these kids the opportunities "if" they are willing to do the hard yards.

Weightman was very good for HS over past years and if he wishes to leave then I'm sure it's on good terms. Think his body struggles with the training commitments especially pre season. His respected at HS..

The 2 Greenvale boys played on Saturday and both were very impressive. Gee that Aloi has a brilliant kick on him. Hitting targets from 50mts. A huge in for HS..
Turbo you crack me up

It's going to be tougher without those 2 playing. How long will the kids stay around playing Divy 1. With those 2 playing they are flag favs without I think it's tough to make finals now
I dont reckon they were favs with them in mate Westy and Roys for me not long to wait and find out all the best to all teams going to be a great year in this comp

It's going to be tougher without those 2 playing. How long will the kids stay around playing Divy 1. With those 2 playing they are flag favs without I think it's tough to make finals now

The big "wrecking" Ball will need to step up for HS. The kid can play and more than capable on his day.

Good luck for round 1 to all teams...

I dont reckon they were favs with them in mate Westy and Roys for me not long to wait and find out all the best to all teams going to be a great year in this comp

Glenroy clear favourites at 3/1 and next line of betting is Westy at 8/1.

That's from Turbo/Billy's illegal betting agency. I will take bets and Billy will carry the bag and pay out at end of year. Lol

Glenroy clear favourites at 3/1 and next line of betting is Westy at 8/1.

That's from Turbo/Billy's illegal betting agency. I will take bets and Billy will carry the bag and pay out at end of year. Lol
I'd risk glenroy there always March premiers
Westy a good saver at 8/1
But I'm on tulla give me a price I'll load up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylors Lakes had 2nd practice match on weekend against Sunbury Kangaroos. Won by 2 goals and looked good from all reports. Had a few players missing that will return round 1. What is RDFL and Sunbury like ?
Hearing Crawford from Keilor a great pick up! Unfortunately have to wait another week for Lakes round 1 but some positive news coming out of playing group.
What's the pick of the games this week ? Looking forward to return of local footy!

Taylors Lakes had 2nd practice match on weekend against Sunbury Kangaroos. Won by 2 goals and looked good from all reports. Had a few players missing that will return round 1. What is RDFL and Sunbury like ?
Hearing Crawford from Keilor a great pick up! Unfortunately have to wait another week for Lakes round 1 but some positive news coming out of playing group.
What's the pick of the games this week ? Looking forward to return of local footy!
Hard to gauge Bounce especially in practice matches. I would say EDFL Div 1 is a stronger comp than RDFL. Sunbury Kangaroos would be a mid table team in div 1 IMO. Anyone else could offer more of an insight? No disrespect to our friends in the RDFL. Lakes are always thereabouts look for a strong showing from a proud club. I am a little suprised they only beat SK by 2 goals but its omly a praccie. They will be fighting for that 3rd 4th spot on the ladder with EK, APW, HS, OP, Roys
WM v OP the pick of round 1 games. WM i think will win comfortably 25-40 points. Church kicks 5
Tulla v APW dont worry about Billys boys Tulla and Leydin are pros when it comes to down playing there chances. They have recruited very well and expect them to come out and give APW a fair old welcome back to Div 1 Tulla 18 -30 point winners. Tulla top 2 or 3 dont get sucked into the "fly under the radar" crap
Roys v EK in the same breath welcome back to Div 1 EK the Roys to flex their muscles and give EK a clip 30 - 50 points Winter to kick 6.
Cant wait gunna be a rippa year

Hard to gauge Bounce especially in practice matches. I would say EDFL Div 1 is a stronger comp than RDFL. Sunbury Kangaroos would be a mid table team in div 1 IMO. Anyone else could offer more of an insight? No disrespect to our friends in the RDFL. Lakes are always thereabouts look for a strong showing from a proud club. I am a little suprised they only beat SK by 2 goals but its omly a praccie. They will be fighting for that 3rd 4th spot on the ladder with EK, APW, HS, OP, Roys
WM v OP the pick of round 1 games. WM i think will win comfortably 25-40 points. Church kicks 5
Tulla v APW dont worry about Billys boys Tulla and Leydin are pros when it comes to down playing there chances. They have recruited very well and expect them to come out and give APW a fair old welcome back to Div 1 Tulla 18 -30 point winners. Tulla top 2 or 3 dont get sucked into the "fly under the radar" crap
Roys v EK in the same breath welcome back to Div 1 EK the Roys to flex their muscles and give EK a clip 30 - 50 points Winter to kick 6.
Cant wait gunna be a rippa year

Sunburn kangaroos have apparently recruited well this year with experience and premiership players and are looking to go deep into the finals, but yes I agree edfl div 1 a stronger comp.

Sunburn kangaroos have apparently recruited well this year with experience and premiership players and are looking to go deep into the finals, but yes I agree edfl div 1 a stronger comp.
Not sure of where Hillside finished last year however on Saturday I would say Rupo seniors had their measure for the best part of the game, not to mention Rupo 18's beat an older side given EDFL is 19.5's by about 12 goals with arguably 3 or 4 of their better players playing in the senior game.

I think you will find the RDFL may have been a lesser comp than Divvy 1 EDFL, however with an influx of decent recruiting by most clubs I am not sure that is still the case.

Not sure of where Hillside finished last year however on Saturday I would say Rupo seniors had their measure for the best part of the game, not to mention Rupo 18's beat an older side given EDFL is 19.5's by about 12 goals with arguably 3 or 4 of their better players playing in the senior game.

I think you will find the RDFL may have been a lesser comp than Divvy 1 EDFL, however with an influx of decent recruiting by most clubs I am not sure that is still the case.

That's great news for the rdfl comp as a collective then!! I have noticed a lot of well known, decent footballers moving to teams in the rdfl this year.

Yeah good post Humphrey i think old mate Turbo reported a 2 point win to Rupo in what was a very solid hit out with both sides missing regular senior players and Rupo have recruited very well with Putt and Wallin who is an absolute gun to name a few. Turbo also reported HS beat Diggers by 4-5 goals the week before. HS have never played div 1 finals as far as im aware. IMO it is great that EDFL & RDFL clubs play each other in praccies good for all involved

Yeah good post Humphrey i think old mate Turbo reported a 2 point win to Rupo in what was a very solid hit out with both sides missing regular senior players and Rupo have recruited very well with Putt and Wallin who is an absolute gun to name a few. Turbo also reported HS beat Diggers by 4-5 goals the week before. HS have never played div 1 finals as far as im aware. IMO it is great that EDFL & RDFL clubs play each other in praccies good for all involved

OBH I hope your not suggesting that turbo has let the facts get in the way of his story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back