EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of where Hillside finished last year however on Saturday I would say Rupo seniors had their measure for the best part of the game, not to mention Rupo 18's beat an older side given EDFL is 19.5's by about 12 goals with arguably 3 or 4 of their better players playing in the senior game.

I think you will find the RDFL may have been a lesser comp than Divvy 1 EDFL, however with an influx of decent recruiting by most clubs I am not sure that is still the case.

Agree the rdfl has greatly improved over recent seasons. Think Diggers & Rupo would challenge the top few in div1 from what I seen. I guess over previous seasons Douttas & Craigieburn were well above the normal div1 level but this season seems to be very even and will come down to list management, injuries, etc.,

Not a bad game of footy today TM just out ran APW in the end,APW will win more than there share of games, it's going to be a cut throat comp,every 4 points you get are gold
Sounds like a very good win Billy by looking at your team there is still the nucleus of last years side. I see Skorsis named in the 2's for APW. Did they have all players in? Have you still got a couple to come in? Your right every 4 points are like gold. EK did well against the highly fancied Roys EK will games as well on that form. Did anyone see the WM v OP game that also soumded like a cracker going on the scores

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like a very good win Billy by looking at your team there is still the nucleus of last years side. I see Skorsis named in the 2's for APW. Did they have all players in? Have you still got a couple to come in? Your right every 4 points are like gold. EK did well against the highly fancied Roys EK will games as well on that form. Did anyone see the WM v OP game that also soumded like a cracker going on the scores

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure about them as far as ins and outs.

Glenroy v ek looked to be a good game too. Anyone have a rundown??
Glenroy's talls were the difference. They missed a quite a few shots at goal, margin could've been a bit greater.
Number 36 Glenroy took an absolute hanger, would love to see a replay. It was a serious mark.
East Keilor never gave up, credit to them.

Glenroy v ek looked to be a good game too. Anyone have a rundown??
Should have been over at quarter time Foss . 2 goals 7 behinds should of been 7goals 2 and E Keilor 2 goals came from reversed free kicks against that peanut Griffen . Dominated the game other than 10 minutes at the end of the 3rd and start of the last . Easy shots missed all day Walker 3G 4b winter 2g 6b capuano 3g 5b

Last edited:
Should have been over at quarter time Foss . 2 goals 7 behinds should of been 7goals 2 and E Keilor 2 goals came from reversed free kicks against that peanut Griffen . Dominated the game other than 10 minutes at the end of the 3rd and start of the last . Easy shots missed all day Walker 3G 4b winter 2g 6b capuano 3g 5b

Bad kicking is bad football

Good to get the first one out of the way then! Gonna be a tight comp

3 tight games to start the year and no one wants to get on here and talk about them . Boring

A lot of the most active posters from this division in the last year have moved on to other divisions or simply don't post anymore.

I wasn't surprised Tulla got up. You only have to talk to their coach to see what a footy brain he has and how he'd have the ability to get the best out of his players. EK result is very promising for them, while I thought Westy would win by more. One thing we'll all agree on is, it's going to be one heck of a comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think this weeks TMvWM game will determine a flag favorite should be a cracker both teams should be at full strength let's hope it's a big crowd seeing as it's a twilight game

Nowhere near as good compared to westy and tullas. But they have best forward line in the division but far
Glenroy had 2 of their starting mids from last year out so I wouldnt take too much from that game in a midfield sense. EK are a bit scrappy and the game turned that way with Groy not kicking well also, it will be interesting how the year pans out.

Think this weeks TMvWM game will determine a flag favorite should be a cracker both teams should be at full strength let's hope it's a big crowd seeing as it's a twilight game
Agree Billy this is the game of the round by a mile. These 2 along with Glenroy will be up to their bottom lips come finals time. OP v Glenroy will be a good game too. Roys were inaccurate last week but bad kicking is bad footy! OP need to win even though it's only round 2 to gather some momentum. If the Roys salute OP will be 0-2, then a bye, then face HS in round 4. HS beat them comfortably both times last year so OP can not afford to drop this 1. Lakes and APW will be another rippa. Again APW wont want to be 0-2 after being in premier last year. Lakes look to have recruited really well and playing at Lionheart is a hard trip. Im thinking Lakes will win on Saturday smash Windside on Good Friday and put themselves in the mix for that 3-4 spot. No interest in the Haddy v HS game no one has heard boo out of Haddy no praccie results, no recruits apart from the indigenous lads from Darwin. HS have lost a very good ruckman and their CHB on the eve of the season starting. Haddy beat HS at home last year so I reckon Haddy might go close to knocking em off again in a tight game. I'm with Billy jury is out on whether HS can match it with the top sides. As Mel said going to be so even this year in Div 1. Hope your teams win

Agree Billy this is the game of the round by a mile. These 2 along with Glenroy will be up to their bottom lips come finals time. OP v Glenroy will be a good game too. Roys were inaccurate last week but bad kicking is bad footy! OP need to win even though it's only round 2 to gather some momentum. If the Roys salute OP will be 0-2, then a bye, then face HS in round 4. HS beat them comfortably both times last year so OP can not afford to drop this 1. Lakes and APW will be another rippa. Again APW wont want to be 0-2 after being in premier last year. Lakes look to have recruited really well and playing at Lionheart is a hard trip. Im thinking Lakes will win on Saturday smash Windside on Good Friday and put themselves in the mix for that 3-4 spot. No interest in the Haddy v HS game no one has heard boo out of Haddy no praccie results, no recruits apart from the indigenous lads from Darwin. HS have lost a very good ruckman and their CHB on the eve of the season starting. Haddy beat HS at home last year so I reckon Haddy might go close to knocking em off again in a tight game. I'm with Billy jury is out on whether HS can match it with the top sides. As Mel said going to be so even this year in Div 1. Hope your teams win
Did you forget that HS now have Matty Patane which is the reason why Hadfield would have been close to them last year, im thinking that HS will smash them. You are right, this year every game is gold to win, so it comes down to who will be able to scrap across the line most weeks and create a winning culture... Interesting year ahead.

I'm hearing big concerns at Westy from last night. 3 serious injuries to key players during a tackling drill at training last night ? along with 3 players that wont get up from last Saturday game, with Dimech one of them.

Anyone have any info ? Backtothefuture ?

Did you forget that HS now have Matty Patane which is the reason why Hadfield would have been close to them last year, im thinking that HS will smash them. You are right, this year every game is gold to win, so it comes down to who will be able to scrap across the line most weeks and create a winning culture... Interesting year ahead.

Hillside might just have the most potent forward line if they all fire. I like the different mix of forwards. Coletta, Patane, Sinclair, Ferraro & another tall ruck type most likely. Patane looks fit and if Ferraro can stay free of injuries these 2 are known to kick plenty.
On the other end there backline could be an issue but if they win enough clearances and the forwards fire they will outscore most sides in div1 this season.

I agree with everyone that and Interesting season awaits in div1 footy..

Good luck to all teams, players & supporters!!

Hillside might just have the most potent forward line if they all fire. I like the different mix of forwards. Coletta, Patane, Sinclair, Ferraro & another tall ruck type most likely. Patane looks fit and if Ferraro can stay free of injuries these 2 are known to kick plenty.
On the other end there backline could be an issue but if they win enough clearances and the forwards fire they will outscore most sides in div1 this season.

I agree with everyone that and Interesting season awaits in div1 footy..

Good luck to all teams, players & supporters!!
Sinclair playing at full back this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back