EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he do a Dog Act?
None that I saw during the first quarter.
The umpires also warned the Tulla bench during the 2nd or 3rd quarter for abusing Glenroy players.
It was mainly the bigger guy coaching that was doing the yelling. The dodgey bloke Horton was the calmer one out of the 2.

Taylor's lake looked to have missed a big opportunity to go two games clear inside the 4 yesterday and with oak park getting the win over over the struggling airport west, could be mounting a late charge towards the finals with some winnable games ahead

Taylor's lake looked to have missed a big opportunity to go two games clear inside the 4 yesterday and with oak park getting the win over over the struggling airport west, could be mounting a late charge towards the finals with some winnable games ahead
Oak park to make finals. Have played Glenroy, Hillside twice.
Have games against Hadfield, EK, TL, Tulla to come. Win 3 if those games and will sneak into 4 with a % booster against haddy

Do you mean Daniel McFerran ? Currently one of the assistants ?

Yeah i know he was a gun footballer and was applying for coaching position for the past couple of years and being assistant coach down westy would know the players and what they might need to play finals and move up to senior division

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel McFerran will walk or has walked with DC so no loss their that club will be far better off now that he has taken a walk ... could not have come soon enough too little too late to be honest , the club is falling apart from the inside out by the look of things. Also Inside word at Tulla is DC had applied for the job there two days after giving notice of "his choice" to leave Westy at the end of the year, so why the hell would you have wanted to keep the bloke around.

Daniel McFerran will walk or has walked with DC so no loss their that club will be far better off now that he has taken a walk ... could not have come soon enough too little too late to be honest , the club is falling apart from the inside out by the look of things. Also Inside word at Tulla is DC had applied for the job there two days after giving notice of "his choice" to leave Westy at the end of the year, so why the hell would you have wanted to keep the bloke around.
Spot on mate, junglerunner told me it was embarrassing to read earlier who's the goose now, think westy can finally move foward now, a lot of good kids that never got much opportunity hopefully now will

Spot on mate, junglerunner told me it was embarrassing to read earlier who's the goose now, think westy can finally move foward now, a lot of good kids that never got much opportunity hopefully now will

Is any of the hierarchy stepping down as they employed and extended DC contract or as usual its always the coaches fault ?

Let's all get some proper perspective here as there seems to be alot of"new posters" all of sudden.
DC has done a wonderful job in his time at westy. He came to the club when it was on its knees and should have been in div 2 and we have a been a regular finals participant over the past 3 years.
After he resigned there was a small minority of people that thought he should step down straight away. The club and DC wanted to finish off the year. After the weekend that minority group caused some noise around the place so it was actually DC who made the call to step aside now for the last 4 weeks as it would remove that group from making noise.
He addressed the players last night and everyone walked away on good terms.
Nothing more to it, no sour grapes on ether party, just how it should be. Both DC and the club remained professional throughout.

Cam Trewin and Leigh Owen have been put in as intermin coach for the remaining 4 games.

End of story we all move on

Let's all get some proper perspective here as there seems to be alot of"new posters" all of sudden.
DC has done a wonderful job in his time at westy. He came to the club when it was on its knees and should have been in div 2 and we have a been a regular finals participant over the past 3 years.
After he resigned there was a small minority of people that thought he should step down straight away. The club and DC wanted to finish off the year. After the weekend that minority group caused some noise around the place so it was actually DC who made the call to step aside now for the last 4 weeks as it would remove that group from making noise.
He addressed the players last night and everyone walked away on good terms.
Nothing more to it, no sour grapes on ether party, just how it should be. Both DC and the club remained professional throughout.

Cam Trewin and Leigh Owen have been put in as intermin coach for the remaining 4 games.

End of story we all move on

Looks like change and natural attrition which happens at all volunteer organizations to me...not sure what all the hype is about

Is any of the hierarchy stepping down as they employed and extended DC contract or as usual its always the coaches fault ?
Stupid, ill informed comment from someone who obviously has never volunteered their time and energy to running a Football Club. You goose , Local Footy is better when people like you have nothing to do with it.

Stupid, ill informed comment from someone who obviously has never volunteered their time and energy to running a Football Club. You goose , Local Footy is better when people like you have nothing to do with it.

Agreed !

The Current committee had nothing to do with DC staying on it was last years committee so lets not blame them. They have tried to do the best they can with what they had been given

Hey Bang ,
why was it a stupid question ? why am i a goose ? how would you know if i don't volunteer my time to local community sports ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back