EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Just relax boys I was winding up turbo about the points but you all took the bait

Ah very funny. And I'm guessing you thought I had another account named backtothefuture?

However it's true if your over the allocated points in 2015, you will be allowed to be over the allocated number in 2016, but need to get the points down gradually over future years. This is only due to upholding current contracts going into 2016.
I'm not sure Tulla how many homegrowns Tulla have currently, but it's a concern for the sustainability of Tulla and a few other clubs with low junior participants in all grades.

Example: in 2 years the coach goes and takes 5 players worth 1 points each (total 5) due to being there for 3 years. A new coach comes in and brings in 5 players worth 4 points each (total 20). Already spells trouble.

Anyway we all must deal with it I guess.

Ah very funny. And I'm guessing you thought I had another account named backtothefuture?

However it's true if your over the allocated points in 2015, you will be allowed to be over the allocated number in 2016, but need to get the points down gradually over future years. This is only due to upholding current contracts going into 2016.
I'm not sure Tulla how many homegrowns Tulla have currently, but it's a concern for the sustainability of Tulla and a few other clubs with low junior participants in all grades.

Example: in 2 years the coach goes and takes 5 players worth 1 points each (total 5) due to being there for 3 years. A new coach comes in and brings in 5 players worth 4 points each (total 20). Already spells trouble.

Anyway we all must deal with it I guess.
Last week we had 10 homegrown in the seniors

Last week we had 10 homegrown in the seniors

If you hold to these for next year you should be able to be within the allocated points then Billy. That's a good effort to have 10 homegrowns in your best 22 and will be the base for most clubs to aim for going forward. The problem for div1 clubs is if the go up how many of these 10 are capable of playing premier standard.
Anyway good luck to all sides and IMO all clubs will need to employ a football manager/director to manage this. Not simple as before, to just get players to resign now you must consider there ability v points they have. Challenging times.

Anyone backing Oak park to upset douttas this weekend? I feel an upset brewing. They are a better side at home OP and have plenty to play for

Im from EDS and have a great amount of respect for Oak Park and would say they will give us one hell of a game tomorrow, I'm heading up there and hope we can win, even though safe for top 2,winning form against quality opponent is what we want leading into finals. I obviously haven't seen Oak Park the second time around but will say who ever finishes in the top 4 will give themselves a chance and rightly so.

Hey Billy just saw your post and yes Smith back from Bali, we have a couple of key players injured, doesn't everyone however a pretty strong side for tomorrow.

Cheers The Drebster

All that eds have to play for is winning form is good form! I don't expect oak park to punch up douttas but I expect them to be super physical (fairly of course) and if they can't win give some of the douttas players some sore bodies going into Craigieburn the week after.

All that eds have to play for is winning form is good form! I don't expect oak park to punch up douttas but I expect them to be super physical (fairly of course) and if they can't win give some of the douttas players some sore bodies going into Craigieburn the week after.
Well if OP want to do that good luck to them, they will come off very much 2nd best. DS by 60+

Don't worry BF50 if they where going to bring anything to the table it should have been last week and they where more aggression toward each other than the opposition

Anderson
Ramsay
Ronaldson
Day
Lil
Myles
Thomas
Rogers

Some key names missing from eds line up tomorrow all you would expect to play in the first final the following week looking forward to seeing how the younger kids go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 3 off them blokes played last week
Which is why I wrote some key players missing from there line up who you would all expect to return next week . Wasn't looking for an excuse like othersides tend to do was just stating it's exciting to see what they have to come back in and good to see the younger kids putting pressure on spots with good performances .

Top two teams made a statement going into next week. Cburn welcomed back Jason Cloke and they get some continuity in some of there other players back from injuries. Eds obviously did the same good to see the big forwards of the competition put some goals in the board. 27 goals kicked this round by cloke x 2 and Carey and kite.

Your where rite
Just
Haha yes Billy i went and watched the beloved tiges to make sure they backed up my earlier prediction and 4 points is 4 points but... we escaped 1 today Hillside hit the front by 7 points with only 2 mins to go and probably should have won... massive games next week weather seems to have turned for the better

2015 predictions. EDS plenty of ins and outs so very hard to get an accurate reading. Have lost some quality and some of their recruits may not either play or get cleared. Good kids coming through and they seem to be hell bent on going straight back up. History tells you to go straight back up is hard. Top 4 lock top 2 chance.
Tulla lost about 18 players out of top 30 and have picked up half a dozen. Depth will be a massive problem. No 18s. somewhere between 5 and 8th.
T/Lakes virtually no comings or goings on the clearances. As always very hard to get a read on them. 2s are the reigning Premiers and Lakes always competitive at this level. Top 4 best case
Westy nowhere near as much movement as last preseason when they virtually recruited a whole new club. Some good ins mean they should improve but I still think top 4 will be best.
Roys have 3 genuine guns and one of them is leaving. 2s are always strong and they have picked up some good young talent. Not enough stars to worry the top 4 imo. 5th to 8th.
Oak Park spending a fortune but never seem to get the actual quality they need. Quality midfield with Bloomfield, pascu, German and Hare from Tulla but kicking goals might be a problem. Will be pushing the top 4. 4th to 6th.
Hillside have picked up some real fire power with stocco and Rocky. At times last year they were very good. added to their defence with weightman from WC. Could be one of the big improvers. Good coach who knows the comp helps as well. 3rd to 5th
Crazyburn signalled their intent very early with the biggest signings since Harris and contessa went to APW and we all know how that ended. The clokes will be the best 2 players in the comp by a mile (not sure y they aren't in the inter league squad)If they fire then the sky is the limit. also recruited some other handy players. top 4 lock pushing for top 2.
East Keilor haven't heard anything re recruits and the clearances page gives me nothing. Will need to find 6 to 8 goals from last year to trouble any div 1 teams. likely spot last but hopefully they stay up.
My ladder although I think it will be extremely even
EDS
Crazy
Westy
Lakes
Hillside
Roys
Op
Tulla
EK

Not too far off I say

Not too far off I say
A long way off with the evaluation of Hillside and Taylor's near the bottom, and the valiant effort from Tulla.

Stocco and Rocky formed a toothless forward line. You have to think both will get a little haircut if they decide to stay at Shark Park.

EDS my tip to win it all, look for Kite and Smith to tear it up during the finals.

Div 1 games would be at windy hill given no vfl or premier div finals next weekend? Div 2 not to sure maybe greenvale. Can smell the finals in the air finally guys
Have it on good authority that they can't use windy hill the next two weeks. The VFL won't allow games at windy hill next week because of a VFL game on there in 2 weeks time. How ridiculous is that

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back