EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait for Sunday another opportunity to get to the big dance,CB are laboring a little and with young and fletcher out JCloke seemed to do a groin or hammy anything could happen

Can't wait for Sunday another opportunity to get to the big dance,CB are laboring a little and with young and fletcher out JCloke seemed to do a groin or hammy anything could happen
Would love to see Tulla knock them off!! even though i cant see either team beating EDS, but funny things can happen in Grand Finals

Young to win the best in the comp.

Now the subject on B&F has been raised here's my two bob. J and C Cloke to take votes off Young along with Davies and Keenan. Smith the obvious favourite at Doutta but don't be surprised if no.24 polls well. Becker from Tulla is under the umpire's noses and not too sure who will steal votes from him. Tamar from Westy is a proven vote getter and gets plenty of the ball. I can't see anyone from outside the sides in the finals winning it.

Now the subject on B&F has been raised here's my two bob. J and C Cloke to take votes off Young along with Davies and Keenan. Smith the obvious favourite at Doutta but don't be surprised if no.24 polls well. Becker from Tulla is under the umpire's noses and not too sure who will steal votes from him. Tamar from Westy is a proven vote getter and gets plenty of the ball. I can't see anyone from outside the sides in the finals winning it.
Becker can't win been out for last 4 rounds

Im a big fan of youngs and it was a bit disappointing to see him reported on the weekend definitely not that kind of player at all and would simply put that down to a bit of a brain fade but IMO I think smith will win best in comp by a fair few votes.

young should poll well but page the clokes and heenan all taking votes off each other, a very well rounded group of players down at cburn.

Page will get the most votes for craigieburn but sylo will win easy

Agree, j cloke was playing injured no doubt. If no cloke, fletcher and young tulla will just about go in favourites

Wouldnt be surprised if J cloke close to lead before his injury, however also think 5-6 eagles will steal votes from eachother. Clokes page young davies gordon heenan. While EDS also have so many gun players shylo smith is just a clear standout he's that good i think he will win comfortably. If not maybe a mid range side with a stand out player. Maybe trav dulic, adam scott may poll ok. Or can desousa 'shark' another one

Wouldnt be surprised if J cloke close to lead before his injury, however also think 5-6 eagles will steal votes from eachother. Clokes page young davies gordon heenan. While EDS also have so many gun players shylo smith is just a clear standout he's that good i think he will win comfortably. If not maybe a mid range side with a stand out player. Maybe trav dulic, adam scott may poll ok. Or can desousa 'shark' another one
Dulic is a fair call!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a neutral watcher yesterday I will say:
- the umpiring was of a high standard.
- game played in great spirits.
- Tulla a bit to tall overall which probably won them the game.
- West did try hard and tried to switch play a lot.
- If Tulla would have lost it would have been due to undisiplined acts as there was 2 x 50mt penalties and 1 x 100mt penalty that all resulted in goals to West.
- Not sure of the Tulla game plan but they did defend well late and seem to have a bit more run late in the game.
- Tulla #23 was up & about and a bit to quick in the forward line for West.
- West #6 did a very good job down back on #18 considering the height advantage. #18 had to go into the ruck to get some footy.
- West #20 didn't really fire. Bit slow IMO.
- West #68 played well in the ruck and stayed there about 80% I reckon.
- West #14 I thought was very good against Lawrie who also did some good things.
- Tulla #23 moves well but was a bit quite against a small west backline.

Can't say if Tulla can beat Craigieburn but after watching yesterday's game both these sides would need about 10-12 players to compete in premier.

Game was great to watch and could have went either way as West had enough of the ball late just couldn't score. Tulla did have a good following for a club without juniors.

Why do they increase beer prices in finals. Inside rooms $4:50 outside selling for $5. Bit steep IMO.

Keilor is a good ground for div1 finals. Good viewing around the full ground, plenty of car parking etc. "but" why wouldn't they get an electronic scoreboard as the current one is a bit ordinary for finals. Can't see the numbers from certain spots.

Anyway all the best to the remaining clubs.

PS: I also heard a few whispers that it might get ugly if we get a EDS v CB grand final. I think EDS were smart in not getting any reports, so players miss the granny. GF is a different game though.

Great point about the GF, reckon Douttas night let a few fly. Is it looking like being Kade Carey's last game? Watch out if so! HAHAHAHA

Great point about the GF, reckon Douttas night let a few fly. Is it looking like being Kade Carey's last game? Watch out if so! HAHAHAHA

Yeah agree. Good luck to them taking on Kade. If he lets one go another 10 will follow. His probably in the gym now.. Lol
Hopefully it doesn't come to this as it's not good for anyone, let alone our leagues reputation.

The other thing that EDS have in their favour is they have the best coach in Wallis. Out of all the coaches in div1, Wallis would be the only one capable of coaching a side in premier league. But his also the highest paid coach I would assume, but if he wins a premiership it's money well spent.

Yeah agree. Good luck to them taking on Kade. If he lets one go another 10 will follow. His probably in the gym now.. Lol
Hopefully it doesn't come to this as it's not good for anyone, let alone our leagues reputation.

The other thing that EDS have in their favour is they have the best coach in Wallis. Out of all the coaches in div1, Wallis would be the only one capable of coaching a side in premier league. But his also the highest paid coach I would assume, but if he wins a premiership it's money well spent.

I've got a mate down at EDS, apparently Wallis getting paid between 50-60k any truth?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back