EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to keep positive when your on the receiving end of absolute hidings week in week out.
Congratulations to eds on their win, the incident at the end was pretty ordinary but delt with quickly
Last year Northern were a few close games away from playing in the Premier Finals, EDS were clearly a lesser team.
If this season is any indication for next year then Northern are in heaps of shite and will be lucky not to drop two divisions in two years. That is being brutally honest about 2015. The Coach has gone, the President is going, no ones sure if his sons are staying, there is so much still up in the air.

But as we can see from 2014 to 2015 one off season can make all the difference.

Hard to keep positive when your on the receiving end of absolute hidings week in week out.
Congratulations to eds on their win, the incident at the end was pretty ordinary but delt with quickly
What happened at the end? I didn't see anything cause I was sitting near the bowling club at the school end

The spectator incident didn't see it but thougt it involved a spector harassing craigieburns young water boy guy got pepper sprayed and I thought the game was well worth $18 all 3 gamez actually

Last year Northern were a few close games away from playing in the Premier Finals, EDS were clearly a lesser team.
If this season is any indication for next year then Northern are in heaps of shite and will be lucky not to drop two divisions in two years. That is being brutally honest about 2015. The Coach has gone, the President is going, no ones sure if his sons are staying, there is so much still up in the air.

Don't be so dramatic. Happens to many clubs. Pres seems to be gone and will probably follow his kids elsewhere which has completely dumbfounded people at the club. Reminds me of the captain of the Costa Concordia who did a runner when the ship capsized leaving his passengers and crew behind. Coach going, he was under consideration for 2016, (so job not his) but seems to have also bailed. No biggy here. Amazing isn't it, Pres and Coach both bailing, when in fact they had the power to make things better. From what I know there is a few, only a few, passionate people who are doing their all to ensure the club stays at the top of Div 1 and to have a good 2016. I as a sponsor will stay on an support them, in the hope they can do what the Pres and the coach couldn't. Yes, one season can make a big difference, so as quickly as the club has faltered, it has the potential to get back up. It needs more people like the people who are trying hard now to address the aftermath of a bad year and not run away.

Don't be so dramatic. Happens to many clubs. Pres seems to be gone and will probably follow his kids elsewhere which has completely dumbfounded people at the club. Reminds me of the captain of the Costa Concordia who did a runner when the ship capsized leaving his passengers and crew behind. Coach going, he was under consideration for 2016, (so job not his) but seems to have also bailed. No biggy here. Amazing isn't it, Pres and Coach both bailing, when in fact they had the power to make things better. From what I know there is a few, only a few, passionate people who are doing their all to ensure the club stays at the top of Div 1 and to have a good 2016. I as a sponsor will stay on an support them, in the hope they can do what the Pres and the coach couldn't. Yes, one season can make a big difference, so as quickly as the club has faltered, it has the potential to get back up. It needs more people like the people who are trying hard now to address the aftermath of a bad year and not run away.
Your club is a shambles mate and they are both leaving because they are sick of dealing with all the crap that comes with being involved at such a terrible club.

A few close games?? 8 wins away from finals and 6 points off relegation .... Get real

Your club is a shambles mate and they are both leaving because they are sick of dealing with all the crap that comes with being involved at such a terrible club.

What a silly stupid comment. For the benefit of all the new members of the club, why don't you detail why the club is so terrible as you put it, for all those people that are new and existing to the forum, please detail. The club has had issues, just as other clubs have had. Please articulate.

They are a basket case. In
I don't understand why the question. Why wouldn't they be around? Am I missing something?
In a terrible area, limited helpers, limited numbers, a playing group whose attitudes and respect for opposition and authority is non existent and as a result there president who is a work horse and there best two players are leaving. Fed up of the shit.

In a terrible area, limited helpers, limited numbers, a playing group whose attitudes and respect for opposition and authority is non existent and as a result there president who is a work horse and there best two players are leaving. Fed up of the shit.

I didn't realise the above made the club such a terrible club and a shambles. Terrible area, on the contrary, it's a lovely area, good facilities. Yes, limited helpers, but the quality of those helpers are second to none. Any club would welcome them in their club. The only thing I grant you is the attitude of only a handful of mostly senior players that the club need to move on. Why didn't the coach and the president address those issues when they had a chance? It wasn't done, and believe me there are other people at the club just as passionate, just as hardworking that are demanding positive change which wasn't delivered by those in charge. Don't get me wrong, would be good if he stuck around and helped any new people taking up the challenge, .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pic Lamgborne's mark from the 18s. Hoping to get a better one. Apparently no footage of the game.

11995960_896113153777392_7254212525029323404_n.jpg

A pic Lamgborne's mark from the 18s. Hoping to get a better one. Apparently no footage of the game.

11995960_896113153777392_7254212525029323404_n.jpg

Watched the kid in last years granny. He was a very good player then with heaps of poise. Seems to have what is required. Good on the kid.
Hey Mel, commiserations on the GF defeat in both 18's and seniors. Gotta say though, Smith of EDS is an utter standout. I thought the ruckman from Cragie was excellent, and number 13 went alright.
No 25 for Cragie was he an U18's, he is ever so slight of build? But give him credit was crunched once or twice and still got up. Thought it was poor of the crowd to give it to the Cloke brothers. Their family was in the very stand they were chanting and making derogitory remarks. Could have done without that. The game was refreshingly without any incidents/fights which was great. Well done to the players.

Doesn't help when the pres cuts everyone's pay in half 1 week after transfers close... Not sure what attitude you're going to get after that... Considering membership is $550+, and the amount of tickets they give you to sell for events are $600+ in total.. So at the end, you end up owing the club...

Not sure what response a club would expect to get from their players after that happens.

The club let go of a lot of great players in the likes of Tamer abdullah, billy Allouche, Zak saad just to name a few, just to accommodate for mercenaries, mind you the players I mentioned are northern in heart.

Moral of my rant, be loyal to your players and your players will be loyal to you... Pres curuso is good but time for a fresh start, and in my opinion only person that can pick this club off the ground is a guy called Khaled Aboueid (the brother of a senior player there) knows his footy and can definitely do the job, a very respected man.

All the best to Northern, hope to see them up again.

Regards,
Ex-player

I didn't realise the above made the club such a terrible club and a shambles. Terrible area, on the contrary, it's a lovely area, good facilities. Yes, limited helpers, but the quality of those helpers are second to none. Any club would welcome them in their club. The only thing I grant you is the attitude of only a handful of mostly senior players that the club need to move on. Why didn't the coach and the president address those issues when they had a chance? It wasn't done, and believe me there are other people at the club just as passionate, just as hardworking that are demanding positive change which wasn't delivered by those in charge. Don't get me wrong, would be good if he stuck around and helped any new people taking up the challenge, .

Pretty much agree with everything you posted apart from the bold

Let's be honest Fawkner isn't the nicest of suburbs

Doesn't help when the pres cuts everyone's pay in half 1 week after transfers close... Not sure what attitude you're going to get after that... Considering membership is $550+, and the amount of tickets they give you to sell for events are $600+ in total.. So at the end, you end up owing the club...

Mates that have played at the club have complained to me about the membership costs at the club

Hence why they've struggled for reserves players recently

Not sure what response a club would expect to get from their players after that happens.

The club let go of a lot of great players in the likes of Tamer abdullah, billy Allouche, Zak saad just to name a few, just to accommodate for mercenaries, mind you the players I mentioned are northern in heart.

Moral of my rant, be loyal to your players and your players will be loyal to you... Pres curuso is good but time for a fresh start, and in my opinion only person that can pick this club off the ground is a guy called Khaled Aboueid (the brother of a senior player there) knows his footy and can definitely do the job, a very respected man.

All the best to Northern, hope to see them up again.

Regards,
Ex-player

I know with Northern coming back to Div1 that there was a worry at Westmeadows that Billy and Tamer may head back to Northern. But I'm told both boys re signed last week with Westmeadows

Mates that have played at the club have complained to me about the membership costs at the club

Hence why they've struggled for reserves players recently

Membership is a joke! Not even worth it, club needs to get its act together, let whoever wants to leave, leave. Get the right people in and northern will be back

Onya pal it was a pearler.So the league dont video the 3rds?Dissapointing if they dont as that was a ripping game of footy with some very talented young fellas.

11219060_996854217032169_3535564436796953299_n.jpg

Apparently no video of the GF. Pity would've been nice to add to the collection I've got from the last two years despite this one being a loss.

No 25 for Cragie was he an U18's, he is ever so slight of build? But give him credit was crunched once or twice and still got up.

Yea, Sammy Laffan. Was off for a while, but pretty sure it came from one of those knocks. Tough kid.

Thought it was poor of the crowd to give it to the Cloke brothers. Their family was in the very stand they were chanting and making derogitory remarks. Could have done without that.

Not good at all and they are easy targets, but to be fair, Smith and Ramsay were copping it all day at our end. Just don't see why that sort of rubbish is necessary.

The game was refreshingly without any incidents/fights which was great. Well done to the players.

TBH, I wasn't surprised. I think we showed through the year our best footy doesn't include that stuff and they played accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back