Status
Not open for further replies.

twobobsworth

Senior List
Feb 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Surley it would have made more sense to allow East Keilors Under 18 to finish this year in Div 1 that tying them to the Seniors in Div 2. They are sitting second on the ladder with an 11 and 2 record and now there is a bye in both Div 1 and Div 2 U18. I know it would cause some logistical problems for the away games but I am sure EK would put up with that and they have done it with Sunbury not having a senior side. Go back to your format next year but give these kids a go. BTW I am not from EK but have been involved with U18 in the past and know these boys would be very dissapointed. Hopefully EK start playing a lot of U18 in the seniors for the rest of the year.

Div 2
1 East Keilor..... 14 6 8 0 0 0 1343 1247 107.70 24
2 Hillside............ 14 6 8 0 0 0 1258 1270 99.06 24
3 Moonee Valley 14 3 11 0 0 0 1054 1699 62.04 12
4 Roxburgh Park.. 14 2 12 0 0 0 923 1757 52.53 8
5 Keilor Park....... 14 2 12 0 0 0 966 2273 42.50 8
6 Jacana............. 14 0 14 0 0 0 265 3674 7.21 0[/quote]
Well splitting the competition really has helped Jacana.
They only got beat by the second bottom club Keilor Park in 3 thrilling games
An unlucky 214 points in the seniors
An unlucky 79 points in the reserves
An unlucky 187 points in the U18
Thank goodness that problem is fixed

Div 2
1 East Keilor..... 14 6 8 0 0 0 1343 1247 107.70 24
2 Hillside............ 14 6 8 0 0 0 1258 1270 99.06 24
3 Moonee Valley 14 3 11 0 0 0 1054 1699 62.04 12
4 Roxburgh Park.. 14 2 12 0 0 0 923 1757 52.53 8
5 Keilor Park....... 14 2 12 0 0 0 966 2273 42.50 8
6 Jacana............. 14 0 14 0 0 0 265 3674 7.21 0
Thank goodness that problem is fixed[/quote]

I dont agree with the above sarcasm re the split divisions the facts are that Jacana is 214 points behind Keilor Park. Jacana needs to be in another even lower division (3?) to be at least a good game to watch. Just stating facts and not having a go at Jacana they need to lift their game to at least be competative?

Thank goodness that problem is fixed

You sound like you need a hug Jack :(

Ezard gone at Hillside.
Has Ezard ever left a club on his terms? Sacked by Pacco. Sacked by Hoppers after one year of a 2 year deal. Sacked by Noble Park mid season. Now you are saying sacked at Hillside? Never played under the bloke but on the surface his record ain't flash.

Has Ezard ever left a club on his terms? Sacked by Pacco. Sacked by Hoppers after one year of a 2 year deal. Sacked by Noble Park mid season. Now you are saying sacked at Hillside? Never played under the bloke but on the surface his record ain't flash.

This is the inside mail close to the club, a few weeks the committee met a decided that all players and coaching staff were to take pay cuts of 50%, so that there was a saving of money for the following year. This was then put to the coaching staff and players, which if i was a player or coach and had to make that decision, i know which one i would take, leave! When a club employs coaching staff and players under contracts, they should fulfill their obilgation, it's an absolute disgrace and embarssment that a club such as Hillside would do that with 4-weeks to go left in the season, furthermore its an embarrassment to Ezard which tarnishes his reputation

This is the inside mail close to the club, a few weeks the committee met a decided that all players and coaching staff were to take pay cuts of 50%, so that there was a saving of money for the following year. This was then put to the coaching staff and players, which if i was a player or coach and had to make that decision, i know which one i would take, leave! When a club employs coaching staff and players under contracts, they should fulfill their obilgation, it's an absolute disgrace and embarssment that a club such as Hillside would do that with 4-weeks to go left in the season, furthermore its an embarrassment to Ezard which tarnishes his reputation

This club is a joke. Why on earth would you sack him with 3 weeks and then finals to go? If lm not mistaken, thats the second coach they have sacked and the have only been around for 7 years. Maybe the club should look at the guys hiring these coaches in the first place and then sack them. Very arrogant of the club to ask players to take paycuts to save coin for next year. l dont think they would have given them extra cash is they managed to stay in b grade.
Money isnt always a bad thing in footy, l think the people handling it need to be accountable as well. Would hate to be any other c grade coach atm. 2 down and 4 to go me thinks :)

well my friend you need to get a new postman because that is absolutley rubbish. There has been no official talk of pay cuts to players or coaches, yet if your employed as a B-grade player or Coach and you end up in C-grade, you should be payed accordingly.
I would also look at Ezards past and make your own desicion on his so called reputation. It is now the last 3 clubs he has coached has now sacked him mid contract, and i know that pascoe vale were very happy to see the end of him when he left as well.
Obviously Ezard had contributed to his sacking, otherwise why would you sack a bloke mid season or contract, it does not make sense.

well my friend you need to get a new postman because that is absolutley rubbish. There has been no official talk of pay cuts to players or coaches, yet if your employed as a B-grade player or Coach and you end up in C-grade, you should be payed accordingly.
I would also look at Ezards past and make your own desicion on his so called reputation. It is now the last 3 clubs he has coached has now sacked him mid contract, and i know that pascoe vale were very happy to see the end of him when he left as well.
Obviously Ezard had contributed to his sacking, otherwise why would you sack a bloke mid season or contract, it does not make sense.

Very good reply kenny about ezards past, but when you say " no official " talks of pay cuts, it sort of admits that it might have been on the cards. lm assuming that you are close to the club and would know if he had criteria`s in his contract that he had to meet. Judging by the presidents comments, as soon as hfc went to c grade, his fate was sealed. lm just not sure about the timing.

This club is a joke. Why on earth would you sack him with 3 weeks and then finals to go? If lm not mistaken, thats the second coach they have sacked and the have only been around for 7 years. Maybe the club should look at the guys hiring these coaches in the first place and then sack them. Very arrogant of the club to ask players to take paycuts to save coin for next year. l dont think they would have given them extra cash is they managed to stay in b grade.
Money isnt always a bad thing in footy, l think the people handling it need to be accountable as well. Would hate to be any other c grade coach atm. 2 down and 4 to go me thinks :)

Why on earth would any one sack any one? Possible a gross breach of contract, not acheiving the KPI's of the contract. There are a million reasons why some one is sacked.
To label the club a joke is quite an unjustified statement. Have you stopped to think that maybe the club are/were trying to protect themselves from being taken further back then they already have been by this current coach?
The previous sacked coach has nothing to do with the current situation the club is facing, as the person that ochestrated that whole scenario now coaches Moonee Valley.
And again, check the facts of the whole situation, and then comment on it.

Also i would like to make it clear i have no official ties with the HFC, i have a few friends that play and are involved at the club. I also previously posted earlier in the season that players were not happy with the coach. Possibly this has contributed to the reason for the sacking.

Why on earth would any one sack any one? Possible a gross breach of contract, not acheiving the KPI's of the contract. There are a million reasons why some one is sacked.
To label the club a joke is quite an unjustified statement. Have you stopped to think that maybe the club are/were trying to protect themselves from being taken further back then they already have been by this current coach?
The previous sacked coach has nothing to do with the current situation the club is facing, as the person that ochestrated that whole scenario now coaches Moonee Valley.
And again, check the facts of the whole situation, and then comment on it.

Obviously the coach wasnt meeting his obligations. But again the question remains about the timing?????
If you say you have no official ties withe club, well how the hell do you know all the facts???? We can comment on your club as much as we can comment on our clubs.
This site is full of comments on speculation so if you dont like it, dont reply to it.
Which ever way you want to spin it, YOUR club sacked your coach with 3 games and finals to go and we can question the timing if we like. Hillside will probably win the flag and its a shame for ezard to not be there.
Dont take things personally knackers because ther will be plenty more said about hfc in the next month or so, some good and some bad. Such is life :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Hillside position,
All things happen for a reason and my word during the season was as per normal the players not happy with the coach?. The old question "is the dog wagging the tail" or "the tail wagging the dog"? are the players blaming the coach or the coach blaming his players? Seems to be easier to replace 1 coach than 10 players hence the coach usually goes?
The Hillside president is no dill he played high grade footy himself and is a good buisness man so I have no doubt that the decission was to improve Hillside not damage it.
The club has paid over the odds for some players over the last few years and has not improved so this may be their way to draw a line in the sand ready for 2013 Div-3? May be they have a new coach in the wings waiting? Hard to comment fully if you are not in inner Hillside loop.
Good luck for the rest of the year playning finals should lift the morale.

Re Hillside position,
All things happen for a reason and my word during the season was as per normal the players not happy with the coach?. The old question "is the dog wagging the tail" or "the tail wagging the dog"? are the players blaming the coach or the coach blaming his players? Seems to be easier to replace 1 coach than 10 players hence the coach usually goes?
The Hillside president is no dill he played high grade footy himself and is a good buisness man so I have no doubt that the decission was to improve Hillside not damage it.
The club has paid over the odds for some players over the last few years and has not improved so this may be their way to draw a line in the sand ready for 2013 Div-3? May be they have a new coach in the wings waiting? Hard to comment fully if you are not in inner Hillside loop.
Good luck for the rest of the year playning finals should lift the morale.

Hadfield wont agree with that. Strong club who drew the line and decided to stand on the right side of it

Also i would like to make it clear i have no official ties with the HFC, i have a few friends that play and are involved at the club. I also previously posted earlier in the season that players were not happy with the coach. Possibly this has contributed to the reason for the sacking.

The tail has certainly wagged the dog over the years I reckon, but it is funny how the tail(players) never seem to cop it from supporters or even work harder over pre season or during the season to better their club or themselves. There just seems like there is no stability or leadership within the whole senior group which is disappointing considering how good their junior program appears to be. Look at the turnover of players they had also after getting rid of both senior coaches from last year. Must rip the culture apart.

Is the ex East Keilor coach sniffing around Hillside?

Is the ex East Keilor coach sniffing around Hillside?
Surely not. The committee cannot be that inept! I do believe there are a few decision makers at Hillside that know him so it wouldn't surprise. Funny how all these so called high profile coaches never cut it at a grass roots club with little coin. Get a blokes bloke who has some grunt about him to coach.

Hadfield wont agree with that. Strong club who drew the line and decided to stand on the right side of it
Re The above
I was only generalizing with the comment "Easier to replace a coach than 10 players" Hadfield issue earlier this year now that you raised it and tried to copaired it was a totally different scenerio "Hadfields coach is liked by players and can coach" rather than the reverse Hillside situation. Haddy has shown by their results since their round 3 player exit that once you remove cancerious players you can bond tight the remainder and move forward in a united manner. :)

Surely not. The committee cannot be that inept! I do believe there are a few decision makers at Hillside that know him so it wouldn't surprise. Funny how all these so called high profile coaches never cut it at a grass roots club with little coin. Get a blokes bloke who has some grunt about him to coach.

Hillside neeed to look at a coach that is a teaching coach with strong culture beliefs rather than a name for names sake as this wears off FAST.

MV 18.15.123 de EK 8.15.63.
JA 1.3.9 db HS 36.22.238.
KP 13.9.87 de RP 11.9.75.

Some surprising results this week
Moonee Valley must have finished off very well in the last considering scores were
MV 9.8.62 EK 6.14.50 at 3/4 time

Did anyone see the match? fill us in pls

Have heard East Sunbury have appointed a Senior Coach for their 2013 debut season in EDFL

Does anyone know who it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back