EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 1 of division 2 finals are locked in.
Jac v cd
Ns v mv
Where to from there who knows.

Would anyone of the top 4 coaches in this div entertain the Roxy job? Tulla job? Westy job?
Any of them up to it??
My understanding is that Tulla and westy have both spoken to jacana's coach about his position next year,knowing that he has been involved in that division last year with success and is traveling ok at the moment

No respect at Roxy for the coach. Not sure why they even went with that coach with his track record over the last 2 seasons
Yes it's a hard job coaching but track record is a good indicator.

No respect at Roxy for the coach. Not sure why they even went with that coach with his track record over the last 2 seasons
Yes it's a hard job coaching but track record is a good indicator.

Very disrespectful comment. I'm hoping you're from outside Roxy.
Not always the coaches fault things don't go to plan. I'm sure Trav has done everything in his power since stepping in prior to rd1.
A lot has conspired to derail Roxys season this year & nearly the whole lot was out of his control.
I'm sure they'll bounce back in 2018.
I'm sure there are many at Roxy very grateful for the effort his put in this season , at a very challenging time.
*The Kilmore job* prior is one of the hardest coaching gigs going around , that's a lot to do with available 'local' talent more than anything else , as any local supporter will tell you.

Very disrespectful comment. I'm hoping you're from outside Roxy.
Not always the coaches fault things don't go to plan. I'm sure Trav has done everything in his power since stepping in prior to rd1.
A lot has conspired to derail Roxys season this year & nearly the whole lot was out of his control.
I'm sure they'll bounce back in 2018.
I'm sure there are many at Roxy very grateful for the effort his put in this season , at a very challenging time.
*The Kilmore job* prior is one of the hardest coaching gigs going around , that's a lot to do with available 'local' talent more than anything else , as any local supporter will tell you.

Great post mate.

My understanding is that Tulla and westy have both spoken to jacana's coach about his position next year,knowing that he has been involved in that division last year with success and is traveling ok at the moment

Haha. No chance of Jacana's coach Fletcher taking over WM or Tulla.

I see Loui played for MV reserves against KP last round and didn't play at all this week. Anything going on there?? Has he applied for the Roxy job as he was assistant coach there in 2016..

I see Loui played for MV reserves against KP last round and didn't play at all this week. Anything going on there?? Has he applied for the Roxy job as he was assistant coach there in 2016..

Turbo is this bloke your love child ? you always crap on about him and the player points issue :p

Turbo is this bloke your love child ? you always crap on about him and the player points issue :p
A merge lol you muppet! They have had one bad year. People come and go from footy clubs all the time, sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to go 1 step forward. I think there are worse clubs out there struggling at the moment

Boohoo, you seem to be an admirer of Loui, so do you have an goss on what's going on??

SEVERAL positions advertised by Roxy FC on a sport recruiting site I subscribe to, hopefully the potential applicants don't read big footy ha ha

SEVERAL positions advertised by Roxy FC on a sport recruiting site I subscribe to, hopefully the potential applicants don't read big footy ha ha
I would imagine the players would be doing the interviews as they run the club not the committee or coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch the Jacana V Coburg Districts game could give us a match report at all?

Grand Final
Jacana V CD
Premiers
Jacana 21 points
Anyone on here know enough about sides to do a home and away season wrap?

Things we've learnt from those that missed:

KP - 2/10
I'm sure that even from thier own expectations, 2017 was a large fail. After a reduction in budget may be the correct call for the clubs long term stability, KP wouldn't have expected the year to pan out the way it did. Forfeits in the reserves also a sign of a struggling club. They've had countless attempts to get things back on track but appear to only attract players that'll stick around for the short term. Hopefully KP can get it back on track as it'd be sad to see them forced to shut the doors forever.

BH - 8/10
Whilst the win/loss ratio for BH makes it strange that I could give them an 8, but the progress from 2016 to 2017 warrants it. Covelli was a great recruit and has helped straighten them up forward of centre. BH demonstrated much greater tenacity at the contest and much improved effort over 4 qtrs. BH pushed sides that they couldn't get within 15 goals of in 2016. Very impressed with thier improvement.

RP - 4/10
After the max exodus and coach sacking at the start of the year, the club was always going to up against it. We're able to hang on to Short and Grant which was important. Farrelly was the best of the recruits and helped the midfield brigade. The biggest concern for the club is the talent running around in the reserves that aren't willing to step up. The success of your footy club is driven by senior premierships which the club have failed in the past. The club will hope to regain players that moved on and push back up the ladder in 18. With 19s still coming through, RP have all the talent to get going again. Club just needs more unity to get everyone pushing for the same thing.

ES - 7/10
After loosing Ogilvie and a few others from their 2016 side, the club was looking for thier youth to fill the void and frankly Cree had a league bnf type of year. As with a young team, there were some second half fade outs but overall ES were very competitive in most games. With injuries to key players during the middle of the season and some crucial losses, ES just miss out on the top 4. If the club can keep the young group together, success is just around the corner.

BH - 8/10
Whilst the win/loss ratio for BH makes it strange that I could give them an 8, but the progress from 2016 to 2017 warrants it. Covelli was a great recruit and has helped straighten them up forward of centre. BH demonstrated much greater tenacity at the contest and much improved effort over 4 qtrs. BH pushed sides that they couldn't get within 15 goals of in 2016. Very impressed with thier improvement.

Who's season do you rate better?

Cloke or Covelli?

KP - 2/10
I'm sure that even from thier own expectations, 2017 was a large fail. After a reduction in budget may be the correct call for the clubs long term stability, KP wouldn't have expected the year to pan out the way it did. Forfeits in the reserves also a sign of a struggling club. They've had countless attempts to get things back on track but appear to only attract players that'll stick around for the short term. Hopefully KP can get it back on track as it'd be sad to see them forced to shut the doors forever.

BH - 8/10

RP - 4/10
After the max exodus and coach sacking at the start of the year, the club was always going to up against it. We're able to hang on to Short and Grant which was important. Farrelly was the best of the recruits and helped the midfield brigade. The biggest concern for the club is the talent running around in the reserves that aren't willing to step up. The success of your footy club is driven by senior premierships which the club have failed in the past. The club will hope to regain players that moved on and push back up the ladder in 18. With 19s still coming through, RP have all the talent to get going again. Club just needs more unity to get everyone pushing for the same thing.

ES - 7/10
After loosing Ogilvie and a few others from their 2016 side, the club was looking for thier youth to fill the void and frankly Cree had a league bnf type of year. As with a young team, there were some second half fade outs but overall ES were very competitive in most games. With injuries to key players during the middle of the season and some crucial losses, ES just miss out on the top 4. If the club can keep the young group together, success is just around the corner.

Hey FF, you have obviously gone to some effort to write this post and create some conversation which is great.

Not sure how you rate KP a 2 yet BS an 8. Both had pretty ordinary seasons and very similar I guess so not sure how you rated them so far apart.
KP had to have a year like this to get their head back above water. They continued to put 2 sides on the ground (all bar 1 game) so that's a great effort. Proud club who from all reports intend to be more competitive next year. I guess with some players entering div3 like the Cam Cloke they would have struggled even with a decent side. Sometimes you need to go back a bit and reaccess then rebound.

BS not sure where they are heading?

ES going to have a crack next season I'm hearing..

RP I'm hearing another load of players wanting out and could join up with previous coaches at other clubs.

Hey FF, you have obviously gone to some effort to write this post and create some conversation which is great.

Not sure how you rate KP a 2 yet BS an 8. Both had pretty ordinary seasons and very similar I guess so not sure how you rated them so far apart.
KP had to have a year like this to get their head back above water. They continued to put 2 sides on the ground (all bar 1 game) so that's a great effort. Proud club who from all reports intend to be more competitive next year. I guess with some players entering div3 like the Cam Cloke they would have struggled even with a decent side. Sometimes you need to go back a bit and reaccess then rebound.

BS not sure where they are heading?

ES going to have a crack next season I'm hearing..

RP I'm hearing another load of players wanting out and could join up with previous coaches at other clubs.
Doubt the RP bit, especially after talking to lot of them.
Are you implying that Derrick has got a job somewhere else? Cause he hasn't been announced anywhere.

I'm hearing there are a few handy guys that put there hand up for roxy job.

Last edited:
Doubt the RP bit, especially after talking to lot of them.
Are you implying that Derrick has got a job somewhere else? Cause he hasn't been announced anywhere.

I'm hearing there are a few handy guys that put there hand up for roxy job.

why don't you tell us your from roxy

I know there a few pissing in farrelys brother pocket and the ex ressies coach rang some players
asking would they came back if he coached

Does Derrick have the job at coburg next year if Tankard fails?
Probably gonna play in the Grand final after not playing finals the last 2 years . Can't see how that's a fail , then again P Derrick got pushed out of Roxy after 2 Grand finals and a prelim in 3 years . so anything is possible lol

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back