EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

No disrespect to Hadfield but really a strange decision to say the least by the EDFL to play these games there, not sure Hadfield is even close to the next best venue if windy hill or Coburg are not available. Teams that make finals deserve to play at the best venues. Greenvale, Keilor even Glenroy all great finals venues with lots of atmosphere

With all due respect Hadfields ground is in far better condition than that of Glenroy to say the least. The Hadfield Club Rooms are arguably the best in the League, have you ever been in the rooms? So are you saying that you would like the "rich" clubs to get "richer"? Hadfield have done a fantastic job hosting not only junior, but senior finals over the past 4 weeks as competing clubs have attested to.

With all due respect Hadfields ground is in far better condition than that of Glenroy to say the least. The Hadfield Club Rooms are arguably the best in the League, have you ever been in the rooms? So are you saying that you would like the "rich" clubs to get "richer"? Hadfield have done a fantastic job hosting not only junior, but senior finals over the past 4 weeks as competing clubs have attested to.
With all due respect " your dreaming "

Hey Bissa, good to have you back. Now this is a first, as we agree on something. Lol
Great atmosphere all day in the Haddy social rooms and congratulations to Jacana, East Sunbury, Moonee Valley and Northern Saints supporters and players for their patronage throughout the day. Well done to all involved with their respective clubs.

Haddy ran it well, had the Mayweather V McGregor bout on the tv then the bombers game with the big glass windows to watch edfl which kept everyone entertained throughout the chilly day. Just thought that for a final a mobile digital scoreboard would be good hey.
And the ground was in good nik held up well with the weather nothing wrong with it.

Great stuff putting on the fight.. well done Haddy..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Micheal Farrelly appointed as new senior coach of Roxburgh Park.
Brother of current player Hayden.
Great appointment by the club.
Apparently coming with his own coaching staff.

In regards to this division
How do people think it stacks up to say NFL div 3 or WRFL div 3 standard wise?
Having watched both WRFL div 3 and EDFL div 2 its like chalk and cheese. Not to be disrespectful to the WRFL sides in div 3 but a Roxy Park or Coburg districts reserve side would beat the bottom 4 sides in WRFL Div 3. The Top 4 sides in EDFL DIV 2 would be well placed to play finals in WRFL Div 2. Dont know much about NFL Div 3

Having watched both WRFL div 3 and EDFL div 2 its like chalk and cheese. Not to be disrespectful to the WRFL sides in div 3 but a Roxy Park or Coburg districts reserve side would beat the bottom 4 sides in WRFL Div 3. The Top 4 sides in EDFL DIV 2 would be well placed to play finals in WRFL Div 2. Dont know much about NFL Div 3

Fair assessment. More younger type players in EDFL div2 with less dirty stuff.. Having said that some EDFL div 2 clubs are spending much more than any WRFL div3 and some div2 clubs..

Yes that is true, good point

Cheers. Take Albanvale in WRFL div2 who actually made the top 4 but were knocked out in first week. They would spend <40-50k. Majority of EDFL div2 clubs (which is actually div3) would be spending the same and some clubs a fair bit more..
WRFL footy below div1 is in a bit of a mess really. WRFL div2 have only 6 sides. Not ideal for anyone.. Basically only 2 teams in it..

Cheers. Take Albanvale in WRFL div2 who actually made the top 4 but were knocked out in first week. They would spend <40-50k. Majority of EDFL div2 clubs (which is actually div3) would be spending the same and some clubs a fair bit more..
WRFL footy below div1 is in a bit of a mess really. WRFL div2 have only 6 sides. Not ideal for anyone.. Basically only 2 teams in it..

Point cook are coming in from ammos and Glenorden are back next year might make the numbers a bit better

Very concerned for the teenager from Northern Saints FC, he was cleaned up in the first few seconds of the game by a Jacana pkayer off the line.

Northerns Best Player!!!!

Did not look good, convulsions or a long period of time. Also took a long period of time for the Ambulance to leave. I hope Peter is ok:thumbsu:
Not a good sight especially for all to see kids, parents,EDFL etc.

I hope that he will play footy again but I don't blame him or his parents(who came out on the ground )for not wanting to play this game again. And I hope the old hero who cleaned him up gets what he deserves if he did the wrong thing. It certainly made Jacanas chance to win against Northern alot better.

I heard that he was from Greenvale and due to them not having u19s this year the club offered the young man to play and have big opportunities to play senior footy to progress his Football Career. Which the Club honored by him playing in the ones most weeks.

Northern did not retaliate whatsoever, they played fair football afterwards. Held there heads well.. They were however without thier best midfielder after knocking the young man out off the line in the first minute which undoubtedly evened up the game for the jacana
..with Jacanas midfield suffering hamstring and shoulder injuries last week... Cloke got through the game with injections or medicine after his back and or hip injury as I have been told by a reliable source?!! And not one player from Northern touched Clokes back or hip.

Mmmm

Very concerned for the teenager from Northern Saints FC, he was cleaned up in the first few seconds of the game by a Jacana pkayer off the line.

Northerns Best Player!!!!

Did not look good, convulsions or a long period of time. Also took a long period of time for the Ambulance to leave. I hope Peter is ok:thumbsu:
Not a good sight especially for all to see kids, parents,EDFL etc.

I hope that he will play footy again but I don't blame him or his parents(who came out on the ground )for not wanting to play this game again. And I hope the old hero who cleaned him up gets what he deserves if he did the wrong thing. It certainly made Jacanas chance to win against Northern alot better.

I heard that he was from Greenvale and due to them not having u19s this year the club offered the young man to play and have big opportunities to play senior footy to progress his Football Career. Which the Club honored by him playing in the ones most weeks.

Northern did not retaliate whatsoever, they played fair football afterwards. Held there heads well.. They were however without thier best midfielder after knocking the young man out off the line in the first minute which undoubtedly evened up the game for the jacana
..with Jacanas midfield suffering hamstring and shoulder injuries last week... Cloke got through the game with injections or medicine after his back and or hip injury as I have been told by a reliable source?!! And not one player from Northern touched Clokes back or hip.

Mmmm

It was a good, clean, fair hit.
Shouldn't be cited tbh

Got there just as the 2nd half was due to start. Jacana were very good in the 3rd 1/4 and looked to want it more, plus a bit of ill-discipline from the Saints didn't help. Thought they (Jacana) were pretty quick to for a side which looked quite old. Cloke was great and really is a massive plus in the side.

Haven't seen Coburg Districts play, but should be a good GF.

It was a good, clean, fair hit.
Shouldn't be cited tbh

Really???? Kid convulses on the ground for about 3 or so minutes even longer, looked as about as bad as you can see on the football field, it wasn't his head that hit the ground. It was an intentional hit, 100%, kid eyes for the ball, it's easy for someone to run off the line and line up whoever has their head over the ball. I'm sure the player that did it didn't mean for the kid to be knocked out but he did mean to take some one out.

If it was the AFL it would be 4 weeks min, exactly what the AFL don't want to be on the screens on people's TV's. The footage will show exactly what I mean. Again, not saying the bloke meant for the kid to be so severely hurt, but it was intentional.

Other than that congratulations Jacana. Cloke was massive for them, and so was no 23 and no 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back