EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Roxy will bounce back
Got let down this year with the coach leaving before the season started and never recovered.
2018 will have good leadership and good coaches again.

Coburg lucky to win in the end. Top effort from jacana with no bench and no Cloke. Can anyone confirm what injury Cloke suffered and will he play next week? Was it a knee, he could only hobble from what I saw and came off mid way through the second
Landed on his back, and he lasted on his back with his hips arched for a bit in agony.
Hobbled around all game and struggled to even move his left leg and stand up at time.
I think his done a hip or a disc in his back.
Rhys Evans done his hammy, Michael Evans done his shoulder very early on.

Coburg lucky to win in the end. Top effort from jacana with no bench and no Cloke. Can anyone confirm what injury Cloke suffered and will he play next week? Was it a knee, he could only hobble from what I saw and came off mid way through the second
resting all those players worked well for jacana and i dont know about lucky coburg were in front all day

Roxy will bounce back
Got let down this year with the coach leaving before the season started and never recovered.
2018 will have good leadership and good coaches again.
Coach didnt leave mate . He was pushed by a small group of players who blamed him for the GF loss. When the committee and coaches stop letting the players run the club they might be better off .

Last edited:
Northern a bit more polished in the end today, game was up for grabs in the last quarter but Northern Saints ran the game out well..

How much would it have cost the league to hire one of those digital trailer scoreboards?

Northern a bit more polished in the end today, game was up for grabs in the last quarter but Northern Saints ran the game out well..

How much would it have cost the league to hire one of those digital trailer scoreboards?

Why didn't they play the game at a better ground like Keilor maybe? Yes they don't have a digital scoreboard but it's a better finals ground. How did Haddy run the day Snax?

Really enjoyed the game today and great to catch up with a heap of old friends. Northern still playing that brand of hard at it footy which they do so well. Very good team effort got them over the line.

Thought Moonee were very good with Faba taking some great marks up forward. Padmore was terrific and wouldn't look out of place at a higher level.

Nice to see one of the true gentlemen I've met over the years get a win in the 2s game. Good luck next week mate.

Why didn't they play the game at a better ground like Keilor maybe? Yes they don't have a digital scoreboard but it's a better finals ground. How did Haddy run the day Snax?

I was there for two games and it was fine. The weather didn't help with more people inside rather than out. Was probably more to help a struggling club than anything else.

Anyone get to the 19s game between Hillside v Roxy. One sided result and heard the umpires abandoned the game early due to on ground issues. Wtf.,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haddy ran it well, had the Mayweather V McGregor bout on the tv then the bombers game with the big glass windows to watch edfl which kept everyone entertained throughout the chilly day. Just thought that for a final a mobile digital scoreboard would be good hey.
And the ground was in good nik held up well with the weather nothing wrong with it.

Anyone get to the 19s game between Hillside v Roxy. One sided result and heard the umpires abandoned the game early due to on ground issues. Wtf.,
I got to the ground just before 3/4 time in the 19's game to watch the Roys 2's. HS were giving Roxy a nice old touch up on the score board. Roxy seemed to be really throwing their weight around probably from frustration i guess. Not sure if there was niggle earlier in the game as i didnt see the first half. There was a dust up in the crowd which is always horrible at any level of footy with kids around.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I got to the ground just before 3/4 time in the 19's game to watch the Roys 2's. HS were giving Roxy a nice old touch up on the score board. Roxy seemed to be really throwing their weight around probably from frustration i guess. Not sure if there was niggle earlier in the game as i didnt see the first half. There was a dust up in the crowd which is always horrible at any level of footy with kids around.

From what I hear there was quiet a bit of niggle and dust ups when Roxy couldn't win. Final straw came when a Roxy water bay punched a HS player near the boundary line. Umpires abandoned the game after that. The fight then started again in the grand stand outside of the visitor change room.

From what I hear there was quiet a bit of niggle and dust ups when Roxy couldn't win. Final straw came when a Roxy water bay punched a HS player near the boundary line. Umpires abandoned the game after that. The fight then started again in the grand stand outside of the visitor change room.
I believe it was a HS water boy reported for striking a RP player.

I did hear something similar and young kids present which didn't seem to deter people which is disgusting. That seating is popular with young families to.

When sides starting punching on in finals when they can't win is pretty gutless and weak. Probably encouraged by people, hence why trouble starts in the crowd. It's really poor club culture in my book. I'm sure the EDFL will hit clubs hard as this can't be tolerated especially after some incidents from our league and others have made headlines across the country.

As per my previous post on the div1 thread, the ground perimeter for supporters is to small hence the opposing clubs supporters are very close.

resting all those players worked well for jacana and i dont know about lucky coburg were in front all day
Jacana resting players had nothing to do with result ! injuries to evens & cloke in the first five minutes and then other evens went down early in third quarter didnt help there cause but were running over the top of districts in the last . "now coburg will have to rest all there players this week " bad move lol

No disrespect to Hadfield but really a strange decision to say the least by the EDFL to play these games there, not sure Hadfield is even close to the next best venue if windy hill or Coburg are not available. Teams that make finals deserve to play at the best venues. Greenvale, Keilor even Glenroy all great finals venues with lots of atmosphere

No disrespect to Hadfield but really a strange decision to say the least by the EDFL to play these games there, not sure Hadfield is even close to the next best venue if windy hill or Coburg are not available. Teams that make finals deserve to play at the best venues. Greenvale, Keilor even Glenroy all great finals venues with lots of atmosphere

Hey Bissa, good to have you back. Now this is a first, as we agree on something. Lol

Edfl might have been trying to help haddy out by giving them a final selling a few extra beers and hot dogs

It was either Micallef or Elliot that was struck by the hillside official
Elliot was targeted by the hillside boys all day

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back