Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidlefreba

Rookie
Nov 23, 2006
Aberfeldie
AFL Club
Essendon
Any word on the injuries to Steve McKee ?? This type of incident to an ex AFL player will not do the leauge any good at all... We are trying to attract better players (and have done so over the last 5 years) to the competition not see them leave in droves due to mindless cowardly acts late in the season....

This great player has a depressed fracture of the cheekbone. He was assessed at RMH and given a cat scan. He was sent home with pain relief and is expected to be operated on before the end of the week. I hate to say it but it could spell the end of his playing career.

The club lodged a formal investigation request which will be dealt with tonight I believe. The EDFL Investigations officer has already commenced gathering evidence. The club has provided video footage of the incident which is seen in clear detail. The alleged perpetrator even tried the same tactic moments later on another younger player who was lucky to come away unscathed.

Re: EDFL moves Part 2

Must have been a full moon on Friday night lads as it seems as though there was some damage caused on the weekend.... We're making the WRFL look like the Amateurs ?!?!?!?!

Any word on the injuries to Steve McKee ?? This type of incident to an ex AFL player will not do the leauge any good at all... We are trying to attract better players (and have done so over the last 5 years) to the competition not see them leave in droves due to mindless cowardly acts late in the season....

From watching the Craigieburn v Keilor game on the weekend their seemed to a lot of top up older reserves types (very frustrated) playing in Craigieburn team...

Interesting to look at the Craigieburn philosophy since the sacking of coaches in Round 11... Not one of the 5-6 Under 18 kids who played early in the season have played in the senior team since this date ???? Why wouldn't you be playing your good young kids when finals are out of reach ?? Wouldn't playing alongside Nolan, Sage, Brooks, King & Hall be great for the youngsters coming through ?? Can anyone shed any light on this perceived lack of faith in the kids??

From my observations this year I can't speak highly enough of the behaviour of all teams throughout the course of the season... Hopefully we can get through the last round everyone can enjoy their Sunday / Monday & Probably Tuesday beers before watching Greenvale, Marby Park, Keilor & Smore fight out for the Flag......

The decision was made to keep the young blokes down in the 18s as they had a good chance of making the finals, having 3-4 of their best in the 1s each week wouldve made that a difficult task. Also coming up against the leagues best players, you dont want to sap their confidence i suppose. They blooded around 8 or 9 kids this year and they all had an impact, absolutely no lack of faith there.

The EDFL needs to re-evaluate the merits of certain teams actually being allowed to remain in this competition. Post match assessments always seem to revolve around fights/brawls. Now we are sprawled across the media for an assault by a supporter - what a disgrace.

I didn't hear it but according to realiable sources the Craigieburn coach instructed his players at 3/4 time to physically assault Keilor players and in particular he singled out Markham Johnson for extra attention. If this actually happened this club needs to be sent back from whence they came.

The tactic didn't work as one Craigieburn player (#40 red head) left the ground under the blood rule after he tried and failed to king hit a Keilor player who only had eyes for the ball.

Another Craigieburn player (#1 Lamaro??) was constantly kicking a Keilor player who kept his composure until he was spat on. Lamaro finished the remainder of the game in a state of confusion and was helped from the field by the trainers - spat on the wrong bloke!

I noticed that the majority of Craigieburn players came in to the rooms though and stayed for quite a while which was good to see (didn't see #40 or #1 come in though!).
Pxss off pal, we dont want them back in the riddell league, it took us far too long to get rid of the slime!

gee few upsets to start the B grade finals taylors lakes getting over pacco and KP the same over tulla.... who would have thought this.... any info an any of these games

Possibly some of the worst umpiring i have ever seen in the West Coburg V Keilor match!!!! pretty sure i saw them in the Keilor locker rooms after the game singing the song with the boys it certainly cost West Coburg the game!!!

Re - Pacco Taylors game

Pacco has played the last 7 home and away games againest easy beats and it seemed we werent ready for the change in game styles (finals football) Taking no credit away from Taylors, but Pacco did have 3 or 4 of there best players out and i think we will redeem ourselves againest Keilor Park this week.

I love lamp:cool:

after watching the pacoe game i wouldnt be surprized if keilor park got up next week they looked very soft yesterday and keilor park are in fine form , also know taylers lakes had 2 quality players out also, your never going to get a full side out there at this time of the year

after watching the pacoe game i wouldnt be surprized if keilor park got up next week they looked very soft yesterday and keilor park are in fine form , also know taylers lakes had 2 quality players out also, your never going to get a full side out there at this time of the year

you will not see pacco play that bad this week, mark my words. they will come out firing. spoken to a few of the boys and they already cant wait to make up for that performance.

Pascoe Vale FC - Chokers, always have been always will be. Dead set joke considering the money they pay every year!!!!

The club lodged a formal investigation request which will be dealt with tonight I believe. The EDFL Investigations officer has already commenced gathering evidence. The club has provided video footage of the incident which is seen in clear detail. The alleged perpetrator even tried the same tactic moments later on another younger player who was lucky to come away unscathed.

Did the alleged perpetrator get weeks? Or did the EDFL Investigations officer have a too busy week last week to look into this alleged incident?

Pascoe Vale FC - Chokers, always have been always will be. Dead set joke considering the money they pay every year!!!!

Stupid statement from you mate. You make it sound like they are the only ones paying coin to get into finals. What about Tulla? They are thereabouts every fricken year, yet they seem to escape the attention of morons like you. No wonder your side is next to last for the last 100 years with people like you around.

Who wants to frame a market for A Grade this week? I will start it.

Greenvale $1.30
Marby $3.10

Strathmore $1.90
Keilor $1.90

Pretty hard to seperate Keilor and Stratty, but with Stratty beating them twice this year, i like them to last into the 2nd week.

Greenvale deserve to start favorites against Marby, but i think Marby on paper are the best side this year, and i think Greenvale have some question marks hanging over their heads from last year, so im backing Marby in an upset.

when did they last choke?? please inform us all. pretty sure there still in the finals.. which clubs dont pay money?? inform us all??mate worry about your own club (northern saints) because it is an absolute rabble, in a sh*t area with sh*t clubrooms. might see finals in 10 years if your lucky, sure you will attract players WITHOUT coin after recent incidents all over the news LOL! your the joke fletch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did look very soft and with flavel and fidaa not playing very well they didn't stand a chance, pretty simple game plan for keilor park this week stop them and bakker and pacco wont have any other options

when did they last choke?? please inform us all. pretty sure there still in the finals.. which clubs dont pay money?? inform us all??mate worry about your own club (northern saints) because it is an absolute rabble, in a sh*t area with sh*t clubrooms. might see finals in 10 years if your lucky, sure you will attract players WITHOUT coin after recent incidents all over the news LOL! your the joke fletch

Yeah shocking facilities w have, with our two grounds, fully equipped gym, athletics track and will be upgrading our social rooms over the next 6 months. As for Pacco they only cop it because every year they tell us all how good they are going to be, and have been paying out the coin longer than most, at least Tulla have been to "A" Grade recently. And I'd be carefull about linking our club to said incidents....

Possibly some of the worst umpiring i have ever seen in the West Coburg V Keilor match!!!! pretty sure i saw them in the Keilor locker rooms after the game singing the song with the boys it certainly cost West Coburg the game!!!

The umpiring did favour Keilor but surely when West Coburg players continually abuse and physically intimidate the umpires the club cannot expect much better. Keilor had 13 more scoring shots as well so obviously they deserved the win.

I recall a West Coburg player shirtfronting an umpire early in the last quarter then having to be pulled away by team mates and Keilor players as he tried to have another go after he was reported. I think this person can expect a year at least on the side lines.

How can clubs expect a decent run from the umpires when they have dills like that representing them??

Yeah shocking facilities w have, with our two grounds, fully equipped gym, athletics track and will be upgrading our social rooms over the next 6 months. As for Pacco they only cop it because every year they tell us all how good they are going to be, and have been paying out the coin longer than most, at least Tulla have been to "A" Grade recently. And I'd be carefull about linking our club to said incidents....

Not sure which Pacco blokes were talking up how good we were going to be, but i doubt any of the players were seriously spruiking like that, maybe a bit of tongue in cheek banter.

In reality though we are a side that finished 9th last year that have turned it around and ended up 2nd on the ladder. From the weekends side 16 players were playing at Pacco last year. Only 4 "imports" were in the team. I don't understand where this perception is coming from that Pacco are throwing money around more than any other club!! And if you went thru the list the majority are all players that came thru the junior ranks.

Yes, the effort on the weekend was poor and Taylors really dished it up to us. We will be doing all we can to make sure that doesn't happen again this week!!

Not sure which Pacco blokes were talking up how good we were going to be, but i doubt any of the players were seriously spruiking like that, maybe a bit of tongue in cheek banter.

In reality though we are a side that finished 9th last year that have turned it around and ended up 2nd on the ladder. From the weekends side 16 players were playing at Pacco last year. Only 4 "imports" were in the team. I don't understand where this perception is coming from that Pacco are throwing money around more than any other club!! And if you went thru the list the majority are all players that came thru the junior ranks.

Yes, the effort on the weekend was poor and Taylors really dished it up to us. We will be doing all we can to make sure that doesn't happen again this week!!
Over the last decade, Stephen Boyd & others have put allot of time and effort into developing the juniors, this is now coming to fruition, yes the club has spent money this year, just like most other clubs and on Saturday the team faulted, but i believe this may work in favour of the team as the players will now put their head down and repay the people who have worked tireless around the club to achieve what they set out to achieve, i believe Pacco will reach the GF but the team to beat is Oak Park!

how good there going to be? you are a dreamer. they finished 9th last year and 16 of the 21 that took the field on saturday played last year. they all must of got a massive pay rise after suchh a good year last year!

The umpiring did favour Keilor but surely when West Coburg players continually abuse and physically intimidate the umpires the club cannot expect much better. Keilor had 13 more scoring shots as well so obviously they deserved the win.

I recall a West Coburg player shirtfronting an umpire early in the last quarter then having to be pulled away by team mates and Keilor players as he tried to have another go after he was reported. I think this person can expect a year at least on the side lines.

How can clubs expect a decent run from the umpires when they have dills like that representing them??

Very true some of the players looked like they needed to pull their head in, not sure about the incident only saw the aftermath which i originally thought he umpire tripped because i turned when the umpire was simply on the ground so can not really comment because i was at the other side of the ground. and if what you claim happened then i'm sure the edfl will deal with it!

its a shame that a few ruined what would have been a great win for the club. however having come down to watch a couple of games at Shore reserve it does seem the umpires come into the game with a pre conceived opinion of West Coburg and always seem to give the club a harsher run then most. In particular the Strathmore game and last week come to mind.

You would hope that someday the umpires can come to every game with a clear mind and not judge clubs on reputation and what may have happened in the past years. Maybe some extra training is in order i don't know or some thicker skinned less biased umpires for games in which the edfl may feel younger umpires may be overwhelmed in.

As, apart from pride there was nothing riding on round 18 matches I ventured out to watch Balwyn ( 2nd ) take on Keilor ( 3rd ) in the last round of Eastern League Division 1.

Cost $6 to get in, $4 for a Boags and $4 for a 4 and 20. Match was played on a postage sized ground with 40 metre arc instead of 50.
Game was very competitive and willing at times, but I would say without any hesitation that Greenvale, Marby and Keilor would have the measure of either of those teams. Skill levels were not nearly up to the level of the top teams in Essendon League.

Eastern League is reputed to be the best in Melbourne ( apart from Ammos ). That may be the case overall, but our top 3 teams would more than match it with them. I did like the idea of 25 metre penalties instead of 50 though.

Sorry for taking up space talking about another league, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

With such great facilities you should have no trouble getting big numbers to pre-season unlike the 10 or so you had there when I wasted my time training earlier this season.As someone said previously worry about your own backyard.There's clearly plenty to worry about.

With such great facilities you should have no trouble getting big numbers to pre-season unlike the 10 or so you had there when I wasted my time training earlier this season.As someone said previously worry about your own backyard.There's clearly plenty to worry about.

Numbers quickly went up after your departure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back