EDFL Moves Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byrush and White are in the best 22, if the kids coming through are good enough they will be too. Money is a fact of life in local footy. Always has been.

i know that money is a big part of local football my argument is the way u spend your money down there remembering the key word is LOCAL football u have bought a whole team and when the money drys up because im sure 90 percent of if comes from the one source your whole team suddenly gone

Was told that young and rooney will not play this week for pv, big news and also that mannix has a broken hand so considering that he is there best defender is also big news.

Congratulations to heath ayers the man is a gun and deserves all the accolades he gets but considering i have a soft spot for backmen jorgenson would have to be my pick for best player this year, i also think he will be bog this week in a game that greenvale will win by under 2 goals.

I know that there has been talk about an upset this week in the b grade game and that pacco could surprise the oaks because they havn't played them for 18 weeks but this works both ways as pacco will be just as much in the dark when it comes down to it so i dont really think that is a valid reason to pick them, they are a good team when it comes to there top 12 to 14 players but it drops away sharply after that, they cant go in to the match just hoping that oak park have a bad day and trust to luck that it all works out because it most likely wont happen, personally i dont think they are fit enough or have enough weapons to beat oak park so if they are to win it will be a very low scoring match in which they are able to slow the play up and stop the run of oak park off the flanks and wings, they will also need to relay heavily on flavel to kick a bag so if they can do all that they deserve it.
My view oak park by 39 points with a close match up until half time.

A reserve abers by 23
B reserve op by 35

i know that money is a big part of local football my argument is the way u spend your money down there remembering the key word is LOCAL football u have bought a whole team and when the money drys up because im sure 90 percent of if comes from the one source your whole team suddenly gone

East Keilor of the mid to late 90's is one example...still around but struggling

Was told that young and rooney will not play this week for pv, big news and also that mannix has a broken hand so considering that he is there best defender is also big news.

Congratulations to heath ayers the man is a gun and deserves all the accolades he gets but considering i have a soft spot for backmen jorgenson would have to be my pick for best player this year, i also think he will be bog this week in a game that greenvale will win by under 2 goals.

I know that there has been talk about an upset this week in the b grade game and that pacco could surprise the oaks because they havn't played them for 18 weeks but this works both ways as pacco will be just as much in the dark when it comes down to it so i dont really think that is a valid reason to pick them, they are a good team when it comes to there top 12 to 14 players but it drops away sharply after that, they cant go in to the match just hoping that oak park have a bad day and trust to luck that it all works out because it most likely wont happen, personally i dont think they are fit enough or have enough weapons to beat oak park so if they are to win it will be a very low scoring match in which they are able to slow the play up and stop the run of oak park off the flanks and wings, they will also need to relay heavily on flavel to kick a bag so if they can do all that they deserve it.

A reserve abers by 23
B reserve op by 35

dont be so sure they wont be playing mate :). quality players right there. i like the run down on the game though and how they can be beaten. it cant be a shootout cause pacco wont win. if they can just keep chipping away and chipping away, doubt will be put into oakers heads and maybe a little panic and ya never know mate, ya just never know. pascoe willl be giving it absolutellly everything...nothing to lose. but oak park by 50..

A reserve abers by 23
B reserve op by 35

Mannix is a certain starter. No doubt about that.

Tips GV by 80 points
PV by 17 points

I hope the Greenvale boys have a tight grip on their pants, cause Marby are gonna ease them down just before smacking the back out em!!!!!!!! GO MARBY

Good luck on Sunday to all the true blue oldtimers from Marby, if you get over the line savour it as it has been a long time coming.
Good to hear that your juniors are starting to flourish as this is the lifeblood of all clubs and you need to produce your own players as i am sure GA is not going to be around forever.
The challenge for Marby as i see it is for you to become a force in A grade longevity wise to rival Keilor,Greenvale ,Strathmore etc.
Short term success is fine, especially as where you have come from and would hate to see you in freefall if GA pulls up stumps

Hey Guys, just wanna get some exposure for our positions if that's ok.
Kilmore Football Netball Club:
affiliated with the Riddell District Football League (RDFL), invites applications for the following 2010 season coaching positions:

* Reserves
* Under 18's
* Netball Coach(es)

Applications in writing to:
Kilmore Football Netball Club
PO Box 202
Kilmore VIC 3764 or
email adam@kilmorefnc.com

Closing date for all applications is Tuesday 29th September 2009. Enquiries to Adam Dove, Secretary on 0407506622

The EDFL team of the year was announced at the presentation night on Wednesday.

As picked by Pettett-Price-Scott & Wall.

The link is currently at the top of their home page and features one for both Divisions.

Anyone know how Jarrod Catania found himself in the B Grade Team of the Year?? Must be relatives with Stan Pettet.

Could find at least 30 blokes who had better years than him.

Are there any marby players playing this week that have come through their juniors? Just interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL A grade Grand Final Preview

What a game this is going to be, an absolute corker and if it delivers on half the hype it will be an EDFL special

Greenvale had a 150 + point turnaround last week which was a superb effort and the Lions who were certainly smarting after the first week will have their work cut-out

I have marked down five players from each team who I feel will be the difference if they turn it on come 2.30pm on Sunday

Greenvale

The Jets perhaps had the wake up call they needed in week one of the finals, for some reason I’ve had a feeling they’ve been just going all year but certainly came out to play last week. Their work rate, hardness and ball use was first rate from the first minute against Strathmore and it appeared they were back!
Super was certainly calm and calculated on Thursday night and they know what it’s all about!

Denis Bicer

A champion of the competition for many years who still has the ability to turn any game on its head, he will need to go head to head with a Laverde or Ayres but needs to hurt Marbi when he pushes forward! Pencil him in for 3 goals

Chris Smith

The big bomber can have moments in games where he goes bang, bang, bang, bang and the Jets need him to turn on the class on the biggest stage. He’ll present all day and needs to make the most of his opportunities; he only kicked the 1 goal in the first final and 1 in the combined games during the H&A season. If he has a big influence the result from week one will be reversed

Rhys Bloomfield

The boy from Afton St. is due for a big final; he’s the most dangerous big man in the comp as he poses such a target up forward. He has terrific hands and like Smith can turn a game in a blink of an eye. He will spend more time forward on Sunday with potter starting to reign around the ground and if he kicks 5 plus the Jets win

David Kovacevic

Young Kova really exposed Strathmore in parts last week and I’ve pencilled in three of the Jets tall’s as I feel the Marbi defence could be under the pump particularly if the forward entries are frequent and with quality through quick ball movement. Kovacevic is an unassuming type who has only played five games this year and could be the player to turn a game on its head a la A. Winter a few years back. I’ll mark him down for 4 goals

Chris Burns

Will probably get Stewart and is probably the right match up, certainly likes the physicality and will attempt to ruffle some of the Marbi feathers. His impact on rebound 50’s needs to be curtailed and Stewart may need to push deep especially of Angel is off the boil.

Maribyrnong Park

What an effort in itself for this proud club, as we all know about six years ago they were languishing in B Grade but have turned the club around remarkably.
The new plans for their clubrooms are world class and a win on Sunday could be the stepping stone to becoming a powerhouse of the comp for years to come.
It was a huge night at the club last night with in excess of 200 attendees and former “Dancing with the Stars” winner Paul Licuria addressing the troop.
Their running game will need to be the difference and reduce the speed and quality of the Greenvale forward entries with intense pressure

Joe Laverde

Six years ago he was a dominant player for Tulla and was pivotal in getting the club into A grade. His partner in crime on that day was Shannon Broadbent and they team up again, Joey will win plenty of contested footy and I have a feeling he could kicked 3 or 4 to put plenty of scoreboard pressure on the Jets.

Heath Ayres

What a player this bloke has been in his two years at Marbi, back to back best in comp winner and such a strong player for his side. Works hard both ways and is super damaging with his foot skills particularly when inside 50

Brodie Holland

For obvious reasons will need to be watched particularly when up forward. He loves to have a ping from the 50m range and kicked a few in the first final. Needs to play the perfect leadership game and not give away silly free kicks and bring his other star midfielders into the game with handball as his ball use can let him down

Kev Whichello

Big pearly whites Whichello will taste sweet success with good mates Butters and Matty Towner after missing out on Keilor’s flag last year. He’ll need to get Smith, Kova or the resting Bloomfield/Potter and has to hurt Greenvale with his run and carry. Will be well suited to the Alan T. Hird side of the ground

Shannon Broadbent

“Shagga, Shan, Tappy” has had a great year and really stamped his name on the premier metro comp. His work rate is second to none and has actually kicked goals this year which is something he’s not renowned for. Like Joey the last time he played at Windy Hill he send Tulla into A Grade, he’s a big game player and will be the one with two medals around his neck again on Sunday

Marbi will be too strong with their class midfield as I don’t think Greenvale have enough rotations to go with them. Marbi’s midfield has also contributed plenty of their scoring opportunities this year and I don’t think this will change.
I hope for the likes of Scotty Agresta, Boofa Gilpin, China, Matty Pillios and all the other die hard Lions fans that Marbi get up

Tips

A Grade

Marbi by 23 points with Shagga Broadbent to win the medal

A Reserve

Abers by 3 points with Brett Thomas to win the medal

A Grade U 18

Douttas by 31 points with Luke Grbac to win the medal

B Grade

Oaks by 17 points with Ash Flavel to win the medal

B Reserve

Airport West by 8 points with Justin Moran to win the medal

B Grade U 18

Taylors Lakes by 1 point with Rhys Del Re to win the medal

Great job Oakers! Too good all year. Copped relegation on the chin last year and put in the work to get straight back up. Quality club!

great stuff at coburg yesterday where oak park show'd the league what a very good football side they are, upset never even looked on the cards, they had 43 scoring shots to 14 and proved that they were head and shoulders above the rest of b grade, they will go down as the best b grade side in the last two decades and deserve to be back in the top division, all thats left to do now is drink drink drink and celebrate as a club, well done fellas!!!

great stuff at coburg yesterday where oak park show'd the league what a very good football side they are, upset never even looked on the cards, they had 43 scoring shots to 14 and proved that they were head and shoulders above the rest of b grade, they will go down as the best b grade side in the last two decades and deserve to be back in the top division, all thats left to do now is drink drink drink and celebrate as a club, well done fellas!!!

You mean best bought side in the last 2 decades - The Avondale Heights Side of 2004 was the best side, as they developed that side.

Undefeated all year and also smashed Pascoe Vale in GF.

You mean best bought side in the last 2 decades - The Avondale Heights Side of 2004 was the best side, as they developed that side.

Undefeated all year and also smashed Pascoe Vale in GF.

I think Marby can take that cake. I don't think you can accuse Oak Park of that. They have kept a strong side since getting relegated and added a few quality players.

That Avondale side was very good though.

what a great game of footy it was well done to marby and to the jets on both having wounderfull year Marby will be going off tonight.. also how big was the crowd

How stiff are Greenvale. Undefeated through the regular season. And again no silverware.

Can someone tell me, did they lose a game in last years (2008) home & away?

No..probably why it's so hard to take in given both years they were beaten by a side they defeated twice in the h/a season.

How stiff are Greenvale. Undefeated through the regular season. And again no silverware.

Can someone tell me, did they lose a game in last years (2008) home & away?

Greenvale were undefeated in 2008 h & a season. Out of last 41 games played, they have lost 3 games... two of those being Grand Finals.

you dont sound very Humble Joe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back