EDFL Moves Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you were standing next to the wrong sought of Marby supporters mate or you were blind if you could not see the support.

No mate we are not counting any other flags for your information and yes we are working hard on our juniors etc.

Its people like you that are negative and like bagging our club that makes us stronger. How did your team go mate and who do you support Mr Negative.( Looser !)

Now Mick its easy to be negative when your club, on the back of GA's cheque book, goes out and buys a premiership.
Again i'll ask the question were there any players who played on Sunday who came through your juniors ?
What happens if GA, now that he has his holy grail,pulls the pin will all these premiership players stay l think not.
Also what did Macpherson do?

Maybe you were standing next to the wrong sought of Marby supporters mate or you were blind if you could not see the support.

No mate we are not counting any other flags for your information and yes we are working hard on our juniors etc.

Its people like you that are negative and like bagging our club that makes us stronger. How did your team go mate and who do you support Mr Negative.( Looser !)

Very Gracious. It's blokes like you who tarnish peoples opinions of Marby. I think they are looking good on and off the field, it will be interesting whether they can sustain it.

I congratulate Marby on their win, they outplayed greenvale for most parts and were a deserved winner on the day. Heath Ayres was the key in the second half when GV raced to a 25 point lead. He swung the momentum as any great captain would. It has been a pleasure watching him play this year. It would be interesting to see how the result would have differed if Paiti? (big CHB for GV) didnt injure himself in the 2nd.

Also, perusing the community news this morning, I came across the quote that Gareth Daley was a "very modest man". Didn't see much of that on the field when he was kicking goals.

Great effort by Marby though, played well at the right time of year and got the chocolates.

Very Gracious. It's blokes like you who tarnish peoples opinions of Marby. I think they are looking good on and off the field, it will be interesting whether they can sustain it.

I congratulate Marby on their win, they outplayed greenvale for most parts and were a deserved winner on the day. Heath Ayres was the key in the second half when GV raced to a 25 point lead. He swung the momentum as any great captain would. It has been a pleasure watching him play this year. It would be interesting to see how the result would have differed if Paiti? (big CHB for GV) didnt injure himself in the 2nd.

Also, perusing the community news this morning, I came across the quote that Gareth Daley was a "very modest man". Didn't see much of that on the field when he was kicking goals.

Great effort by Marby though, played well at the right time of year and got the chocolates.

We cop our fair share of crap on here, most of it unfounded and made up lies and now we have to be the gracious ones??

Where are all the doomsayers now??

Anyway, TK going down probably helped our cause a little, no doubt about that, but i'd like to think the end result would still have been the same had he not hurt himself.

All the crap about Ayresy not being deserving of the BOG, what a load of crap, it could have gone to any of him Daley or Jacko and i know of 21 blokes that don't care about that one as they've got the other medal wrapped around their necks.

Daley is a very modest man.....plays up for us Marby supporters most weeks when he gets a chance and the boys love it! At least he can back up his actions when he snags 7 goals from 8 kicks! Also i wonder how many other senior blokes playing within the league donated some of their match payments to pay for junior trophies at their club.....THE BLOKES A STAR!

Ahhhh the gracious victor....
Yes, yes we are! And im sorry a few fools got on here and carried on like smug tossers,i don't condone that for one second, but at the end of the day Marby won the flag and all the other losers can go phuk themselfs,HARD!!!!!!!hehehehehehehe:D:D:D

We cop our fair share of crap on here, most of it unfounded and made up lies and now we have to be the gracious ones??

Anyway, TK going down probably helped our cause a little, no doubt about that, but i'd like to think the end result would still have been the same had he not hurt himself.

All the crap about Ayresy not being deserving of the BOG, what a load of crap, it could have gone to any of him Daley or Jacko and i know of 21 blokes that don't care about that one as they've got the other medal wrapped around their necks.

Daley is a very modest man.....plays up for us Marby supporters most weeks when he gets a chance and the boys love it! At least he can back up his actions when he snags 7 goals from 8 kicks! Also i wonder how many other senior blokes playing within the league donated some of their match payments to pay for junior trophies at their club.....THE BLOKES A STAR!

I hate to break this to you but the doomsayers will still be here. When you build your A grade team around a cheque book, you have to cop this sort of sh*t. People will still have their reservations about how the club will go if GA does decide to pull his money out in the future.

Having said that, success at the top level will help bring in juniors. So in this respect, the money spent on the A grade team will help strengthen their club from the inside and hopefully make it sustainable post GA.

With regards to Daley, I'm only going on what I saw. I am not privvy to the inner sanctum at Marby but his antics on the field on Sunday were one of an arrogant man.

So the club can't afford to pay for the kids trophy's.................well, well, well.

Now Mick its easy to be negative when your club, on the back of GA's cheque book, goes out and buys a premiership.
Again i'll ask the question were there any players who played on Sunday who came through your juniors ?
What happens if GA, now that he has his holy grail,pulls the pin will all these premiership players stay l think not.
Also what did Macpherson do?

The only junior in the side is Jake Byrush and he played his junior footy at Doutta's before moving with his Dad who coached at Doutta's to Parkside in WRFL.

Well done to Marby sounds like it was a good game wish i saw it. Pity about some ********s using this forum to be bad winners. Bad luck to GV again, feel for them. The really tragic one was the 1 point loss to Strathmore a few years back. They are a strong club so no doubt they will return to the top but I would put my house on that core of players finally moving on...they need a fresh start.

In terms of Marby i think sustainability is pretty much guaranteed with or without GA just because they are in such a good location. It would be great if the madness would end now but something tells me Marby will get even stronger next year.

Well done to Abers reserves!!! Heard it was a really good game.

I hate to break this to you but the doomsayers will still be here. When you build your A grade team around a cheque book, you have to cop this sort of sh*t. People will still have their reservations about how the club will go if GA does decide to pull his money out in the future.

Having said that, success at the top level will help bring in juniors. So in this respect, the money spent on the A grade team will help strengthen their club from the inside and hopefully make it sustainable post GA.

With regards to Daley, I'm only going on what I saw. I am not privvy to the inner sanctum at Marby but his antics on the field on Sunday were one of an arrogant man.

I would have thought his "antics" were more akin to excitment, can attest to the fact the Gareth Daley is a quality bloke and player without an ounce of fat head ego about him.

So the club can't afford to pay for the kids trophy's.................well, well, well.

Just a stupid comment from you really Newto, give the bloke some credance for a good jesture to his club, maybe some others out there could take a leaf out of his book and give a little bit back to their respective clubs.

Congrats to the Marbi boys a sensational effort especially after getting jumped early and then to be 20 odd points down late in the 3rd quarter!

I agree those Greenvale warm up tops are over the top for local footy!

One question though has the junior rep/coach who collected the money for the 18's tops paid up? Pretty ordinary effort - i heard he's skipped town and blown the coin on the dish lickers!

The party at Marbi on Sunday and subsequently the Waterloo on Monday and the past few days has been huge by all reports!

Next year will be huge with Marbi now the hunted but they'd be $1.60 at the moment to go back to back with their list. A super team!

Well done Matty P and all the loyal Marbi supporters - for the first time in a number of years the A Grade turn up on Sunday was bigger than the Saturday.

It was a great crowd!

Just a stupid comment from you really Newto, give the bloke some credance for a good jesture to his club, maybe some others out there could take a leaf out of his book and give a little bit back to their respective clubs.

The tongue was planted firmly in the cheek Gez................

In the end you pay Peanuts you get monkeys and they paid good money for top class players and good luck to them recruited the right players and got the right result. 20 of the players from Sundays game have joined the Club in the last 2 years. So the scenrio is simple if you dont spend $200,000 plus you cant challenge for a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to the Marbi boys a sensational effort especially after getting jumped early and then to be 20 odd points down late in the 3rd quarter!

I agree those Greenvale warm up tops are over the top for local footy!

One question though has the junior rep/coach who collected the money for the 18's tops paid up? Pretty ordinary effort - i heard he's skipped town and blown the coin on the dish lickers!

The party at Marbi on Sunday and subsequently the Waterloo on Monday and the past few days has been huge by all reports!

Next year will be huge with Marbi now the hunted but they'd be $1.60 at the moment to go back to back with their list. A super team!

Well done Matty P and all the loyal Marbi supporters - for the first time in a number of years the A Grade turn up on Sunday was bigger than the Saturday.

It was a great crowd!

Thanks for the possitive remarks mate.
Not like a lot of other losers on this forum.

and do greenvale go again as it is a lot of money to spend for 1 flag & 4 GF losses in past 5 years.

mate you have to be kidding. Did you actually look at the line ups on the weekend. Go again??? We just play footy like ever other club in this comp does

Well Done to Marby clearly the better team on the day and for the year for that matter. End of story.

Great to see the very gracious victory posts on here though. Classy

It's amazing some of the stuff that gets on here like G'vale need to get rid of their core group????. Its local footy ffs. Nobody has more juniors in their senior team than Greenvale and they have a fantastic set up that gets the best out of them on a very consistant basis. Those in the know know what a great effort its been esp this year to be as consistant as they have been. All the kids that played on the weekend will only get better as they get older.

Over and out for the season

Thanks for the possitive remarks mate.
Not like a lot of other losers on this forum.

Mick...I like to talk about footy on here rather than clubs and personalities...but mate as long as you keep posting some of the stuff you put on here there is no need to bag Marby.....you destroy any good work they might do all by your self

mate you have to be kidding. Did you actually look at the line ups on the weekend. Go again??? We just play footy like ever other club in this comp does

my question was do you guys go out & spend more again to try & knock marby off.

i agree you have a great side and good junior group in the squad but you also have numerous key players from other clubs who wouldn't be cheap.

marby knocked you off because at the end of the day their best players got on top.

personally i think we wait for GA to pull his money out and the market might settle down a bit.

Bit early to start but thought id give it a go. Next years contenders/pretenders

A grade - Both Greenvale and Marby to play off in GF again in 2010.
Abers wont get any better and Doutta will struggle. Oak Park to finish middle of range in A Grade. Either Abers are Crazyburn to be relegated.

B grade - Pascoe Vale and Keilor Park to play off in GF 2010. And pacco to finally win one (making it against pretty much 2 unbeatable sides in AV Heights and Oak Park in last 5 years)
Jacana to fold and Northen Saints to burn down there own club rooms??? :D
Enjoy

Bit early to start but thought id give it a go. Next years contenders/pretenders

Abers wont get any better and Doutta will struggle. Oak Park to finish middle of range in A Grade. Either Abers are Crazyburn to be relegated.

B grade - Pascoe Vale and Keilor Park to play off in GF 2010. And pacco to finally win one (making it against pretty much 2 unbeatable sides in AV Heights and Oak Park in last 5 years)
Enjoy

stupid comment about jacana....unless it was a joke. seniors won 4 or 5 games this season........dramatically improved on 2008

Enjoy

Good to see someone with their eyes on 2010 already!

Think Marbi will want to ensure they are not 1 year wonders and will back up again - have taken over Greenvale as the benchmark. Not so sure about the Jets though, probably depends on who coaches and if the big $$$ are still around. You can also throw in the usual suspects Keilor and Strathmore as they will be there abouts.
Agree Abers need to do something or will be in trouble - not so sure about Doutta as they showed reasonable form in the middle of the year and have good kids coming through. If as reported on other website Houcher and Power transferring then they will be alot stronger. Heard though a couple of players haven't appreciated being asked to take a pay cut next year and are looking elsewhere - one of them a comp medal winner.
Think AH might be in trouble in going to B grade if they have lost their coach and perhaps a few other players as reported. Agree Oak Park will be very, very, very competitive. Craigieburn the unknowns as have huge support but seem to implode too oftern. Again, probably depends on who coaches them.

Cheers

Craigieburn the unknowns as have huge support but seem to implode too oftern. Again, probably depends on who coaches them.

Cheers[/quote]

Being a footballer in the edfl, a new member of the craigieburn community, and married to a sister of a cragieburn footballer, was very intrigued to hear my brother in law talking to a craigieburn man who i am to believe is on the committee at the eagles, who went on to say Paul Barnard signed as coach of the eagles for 2010.
Seems like a good signing for them if true, which i imagine it is.
just thought i would put it out there in case anyone else knew if it was true or not

Being a footballer in the edfl, a new member of the craigieburn community, and married to a sister of a cragieburn footballer, was very intrigued to hear my brother in law talking to a craigieburn man who i am to believe is on the committee at the eagles, who went on to say Paul Barnard signed as coach of the eagles for 2010.
just thought i would put it out there in case anyone else knew if it was true or not[/quote]

Would Langbourne still have been there if it wasn't for his "difference of opinion" with Ingram earlier this year??

just thought i would put it out there in case anyone else knew if it was true or not Would Langbourne still have been there if it wasn't for his "difference of opinion" with Ingram earlier this year

Dont think so - pretty sure Gav said 2009 would've been his final season coaching Craigieburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back