EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bronco27 said:
not a cheap shot champ just the truth.cant work this site out your got blokes bagging the wrfl after watching stalbans pracky match but then when one of your top teams loose a pracky match.oh! it's only a pracky match.I might take you up on that offer edflman can anyone tell me where stathmoney are playing this weekend.
Hammered again EDFL goose. Do you play Div 1 or Div 2?

aberdaberdo said:
You obviously haven't seen them play too often. All premiership players who will form part of this years side. I think most are confusing the addition of new players with them being better than those already there. No certain games for any of the newbies without runs on the board.

just to confirm all this talk all those players mentioned other than Condon who is currently O/S and due back round 2 played in the magoos....:)

Aussie_dude said:
im still waiting for you to name the 5 teams in the top 10 vic leagues that pay as much as strathmore???????? So far you named 4, only 46 more to go.
i named 8 sides in 2 of the best leagues going around goose. try and read it properly because it proves my point. edfl can become a powerhouse league if they have 4 or 5 teams paying the amounts that sides in these other leagues pay. i thought it was common sense aussie dud.

ROCK07 said:
i have to disagree with u there kingfooty and thats from experience and although with another league port colts [wrfl] won last years gf and runners up the previous season ,with more than likely the smallest budget around 45k, with other teams such as hoppers and st albans spending over 100k, so if you can keep the good juniors coming through and get quality players [people] in to your club that want to be at the club not just take the money there is other ways at winning PREMIERSHIPS without buying them . Loyalty
I was not talking about the wrfl rock. I was talking about the powerhouse leagues like the ones in the top 10. still its a fair effort to win a flag with 45k if it were true.

just read on the rdfl web site robbie wittmer has applied to be cleared back home to kilmore

kingfooty said:
i named 8 sides in 2 of the best leagues going around goose. try and read it properly because it proves my point. edfl can become a powerhouse league if they have 4 or 5 teams paying the amounts that sides in these other leagues pay. i thought it was common sense aussie dud.

you named about 3 sides from two leagues

EFL has about 4 sides paying 175 plus
GVFL has about 3, and seymore is not one of them, Steve Daniels refuses to accept that fact stateing very openly they spent below 150.

So the way i see it you only have to find another 5 teams from 8 leagues to prove your point.

kingfooty said:
I was not talking about the wrfl rock. I was talking about the powerhouse leagues like the ones in the top 10. still its a fair effort to win a flag with 45k if it were true.
about the edfl being a powerful league is aload of crap ,most of the top metro teams in each league would be top teams in the other metro leagues and if anything eastern and the diamond valley are both ahead of edfl and it probably comes down to what club in what comp is spending the most money, and if the wrfl is so bad why are so many edfl clubs chasing players from all clubs in the wrfl,including strathmore chasing two players from the bottom team in the wrfl .cant wait for this reply

bronco27 said:
I hope where not heading down the same track as soccer.please just have a look at the poms hav'nt there been only three teams that have won the priemer leage in ten years.and as for the local comp there lucky that a couple of millions dip in to there pockets and pull them out of the grave yard.maybe i'm wrong but if where heading down the same track as soccer then it's time to take up lawn bowls.

Have you got any idea how much money is paid to lawn bowlers. Plenty.
We might think your turning into one of those mercenaries playing for the money Bronco when you put on the whites.

aberdaberdo said:
Have you got any idea how much money is paid to lawn bowlers. Plenty.
We might think your turning into one of those mercenaries playing for the money Bronco when you put on the whites.

A you serious,

Is this guy really comparing the fortunes of local footy to that of the EPL ??

Have we lost the plot or something.

I think he needs lawn bowls it just might put some excitment in his world

ROCK07 said:
about the edfl being a powerful league is aload of crap ,most of the top metro teams in each league would be top teams in the other metro leagues and if anything eastern and the diamond valley are both ahead of edfl and it probably comes down to what club in what comp is spending the most money, and if the wrfl is so bad why are so many edfl clubs chasing players from all clubs in the wrfl,including strathmore chasing two players from the bottom team in the wrfl .cant wait for this reply

a good team doesnt consist of two players, they might be chasing the only two players in that team that can play.
wrfl standard is ok, but if you matched each leagues teams against each other respective of were they finished last year, edfl teams would win nearly all of them i would suspect.
eastern def ahead of edfl, diamond valley proberly just in front too i would say. a grade edfl will not be as strong this year as previous years, even though the top 2 teams will be the strongest the league has seen, will drop of a little bit after them

clicketyclix said:
your thoughts st albans compared to hoppers crossing better / worse
was a spectator at both douttas games vs hoppers and st. albans. Would have to say that Hoppers were more advanced and had a more even mix of talls and smalls. supposedly Douttas on both occasions had 5-6 of there walk up starts for round 1 not playing, and not knowing who was missing from Hoppers and saints list, it would be hard to gauge where both teams will finish this year. Fitzpatrick from st.albans played (r*ped) Carey for a half until he went off, not sure whether injured or heat exhaustion. Carey got nothing from the umpires. !!!!

Last time i looked this was an EDFL forum so at the end of the day who really gives a flying tortoise which clubs have got all the money and which clubs havent got any in other leagues.

If people want to whinge and whine about who is paying the big bucks in the EDFL......go and play there, players get paid on ability so if you think you're good enough go and play at Strathmore and Greenvale etc etc!!

Big names who get paid big money come and go in this league, its never been a loyalty thing. Not many of us say "i dont want to play any more, strathmore are too good, have all the money"
We all go out and enjoy having a kick, whether you lose every week or win every week, its only two hours on a saturday for half the year.

Big deal.....:D more to life i reckon!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

litening said:
Last time i looked this was an EDFL forum so at the end of the day who really gives a flying tortoise which clubs have got all the money and which clubs havent got any in other leagues.

If people want to whinge and whine about who is paying the big bucks in the EDFL......go and play there, players get paid on ability so if you think you're good enough go and play at Strathmore and Greenvale etc etc!!

Big names who get paid big money come and go in this league, its never been a loyalty thing. Not many of us say "i dont want to play any more, strathmore are too good, have all the money"
We all go out and enjoy having a kick, whether you lose every week or win every week, its only two hours on a saturday for half the year.

It's quite clear some people on this forum have a problem with players getting payed big coin.....why l have to ask? Blame the clubs not the players.....as for this being an edfl forum... that is correct...some people must be unhappy in there own forum!

on_the_sidelines said:
As for Ash Craig spent most of the day hiding in the forward pocket, hardly touched it, bet the St Albans ppl would be wanting to withdraw the money they are giving him.....rumoured to be around the 400 mark.

U have no idea, Ash was recruited to St. Albans as a forward pocket thats where they want him 2 play. Watch him in the night series the first week one of there best players. And don't know where u got $400 from your well off the mark.

JAMA said:
A you serious,

jama if your going to write somethink please look at all that has been said before that way you won't look like a c**khead.I was'nt comparing anythink I just stated why we don't wanna go down the same path as soccer local or int.

JAMA said:
A you serious,

Another blonk

bronco27 said:
jama if your going to write somethink please look at all that has been said before that way you won't look like a c**khead.I was'nt comparing anythink I just stated why we don't wanna go down the same path as soccer local or int.

Might be best if you use spell check before you push send Champo :D

Comment stands, what the heck has soccer got to do with it ??

Read Litenings post, says it all.

Get over it,

Tune into the Opening Program of
ESSENDON DISTRICT KNOWS FOOTBALL

next Wednesday April 5th on Channel 31.
6:30pm to 7:30pm weekly.

All the years footy talk, previews, reviews and much more.

Opening Panelists - Matthew Pillios, Paul Harrison & John Rombotis.

litening said:

You must never win, because you should know winning is everything!!!!!. I'm sure a few others would agree

JAMA said:
were you part of the 45K at Port fan man, or did you have a special deal ??
I worked in the canteen for a pie and a diet coke. I didnt get a medal but i felt part of it . Due to helping raise the 45k to all the loyal players. They made me feel part of it best feeling ever have you felt a Divison 1 flag feeling?

Matthew Pillios said:
Tune into the Opening Program of
ESSENDON DISTRICT KNOWS FOOTBALL

next Wednesday April 5th on Channel 31.
6:30pm to 7:30pm weekly.

All the years footy talk, previews, reviews and much more.

Opening Panelists - Matthew Pillios, Paul Harrison & John Rombotis.
Great show, its the one thing maybe EDFL is better at than WRFL. Big Matty

WRFLfan said:
I worked in the canteen for a pie and a diet coke. I didnt get a medal but i felt part of it . Due to helping raise the 45k to all the loyal players. They made me feel part of it best feeling ever have you felt a Divison 1 flag feeling?

I started to tear up hearing that inspirational tale fanman. I'm sure Lindsay, O'Neal and Hoath played for the love of the club, a pie and a diet coke also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back