EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
juliand said:
TonyCampbell06 said:
All you need to do is get a quote from a business called Hilles Home Extensions. They are around 15% more than any other local business and who is the director of Hilles home extensions?

The biggest ego in town is matched by the cheque book. It's practically a foregone conclusion who'll end up with the silverware - but throughout the season while players are injured, another team or two might get up on the day as Douttas did last Saturday. Expect this situation to go on for years - at least as long as the building industry stays healthy and the the ego is fed.

Not all Strathy people are comfortable about it - they'll support the club to the death but they know what's really going on - there's a difference between achieving success and actually being successful if you know what I mean. Time will tell what the real price has been. Still, their juniors are a credit to them and parents are, for the most part, at the better end of the scale.

juliand said:
Tony did you see my reply to your quote about Strathmore? rumour has it at recruiting meetings there was a sign on fee between 1000 and 5000 dollars? Ring and get a quote from Hilles Home extensions and find out where Strathmores money is comming from......He wouldnt be far off the mark!!!!!!!!!!!

just get your facts right first mate. you've got no idea

TonyCampbell06 said:
just get your facts right first mate. you've got no idea
So what you are saying is that i dont know my facts? Some questions
who is coaching Strathmore? Who runs hilles home extentions? Where is all the money to get all these recruits or do you think they are playing for the love of the game? You put two and two together and what do you get?

You have to be the biggest fence sitter on here Tony...........

juliand said:
who is coaching Strathmore? Who runs hilles home extentions? Where is all the money to get all these recruits or do you think they are playing for the love of the game? You put two and two together and what do you get?

Let's be honest here, the blokes at Strathmore are playing for the love of it! Not money......What a load of b u ll s hit!
I hope Hillie pays them all by Cheque and it bounces........ :eek:

Then the ATO chase him............:p

Hard Ball Get said:
100K is a truck load.
45k is a truck load to it is just less.

Im not going to get into the whole money argument again but clearly there is far, far to much money in local, cough 'grass roots' cough cough, football.

Agree. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

But please remember $100,000 - $45,000 = $55,000

That's a :D:D:D:D load more in my opinion.

juliand said:

put it this way champ, you've put two and two together and got 5! i know for a fact where the money comes from, so lets move on

JAMA said:
No such thing at League level fan man.

The league endorses the AFL fair play initiative and some clubs have tried to put something formal in place with limited success.

Is there soemthing the WRFL uses ??

How could I get a copy of it ??

I would certainly put in place if worthwhile at our club
I thought there was something i might be wrong but maybe it was in Queensland that i read it, when Capper played up at his kids game, im not 100% on that. But yeah i agree something has to be done to hold family/freinds responsable

juliand said:

Whats with the fixation with how much players get? Regardless of the amount there weren't too many Douttas originals running around on Saturday. Maybe thats why the 2's are going well.

In relation to C.Hare originally an Oak Park boy. Came to play in a flag side and has moved on for the dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeroy20 said:
confirmed numbers from strathmore are $215,000K for this year.
every game costs them just over or under 11K depending on who plays IE: barnard X2 ect.

i heard rumors from douttas powerheads at the bar sat night joking around saturday night telling strathmore people they wish they didnt beat them today because beating them in the granny would have made it so much sweeter.

game on!!
Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is only a guess but I reckon the following wouldn't be far of the mark as a budget for the mores per game :

Quinn - sign-on $ 5000 + $1000 per game
Holman - sign-on $ 2000 (season 2005) + 750 per game
J Barnard - sign-on $ 2500 + 800 per game
Thomas - t/fer fee $ 2000 + 600 per game
Harvey - sign-on $ 2000 + 800 per game
P. Barnard - $ 500 per game when available
Little - $ 500 per game
Williams - $ 500 per game
Ogsten - captain - $ 250
3 x blokes from the WRFL $ 250 Each plus the next 6 x players at $ 125 and the remaining 3 x players on base payment of say $ 75 per game adds up to a grand total per game of around $ 7425 x 18 games = $133,650 plus the estimated sign on fees of about $ 15000 comes to a rounded up figure of $ 150,000. You could also factor in whether they will pay their players for finals appearances. Then you would be pushing close to $ 165,000. THATS ALOT OF FUNDRAISING just for player payments.

In my experiences, players don't get paid for finals
Richard Little is the Captain too, but Ogston will be happy if people still think he's the captain

jets06 said:
Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is only a guess but I reckon the following wouldn't be far of the mark as a budget for the mores per game :

Little - $ 500 per game
Ogsten - captain - $ 250

Ogston-not captain:p

Ubiquitous said:
juliand said:
The biggest ego in town is matched by the cheque book. It's practically a foregone conclusion who'll end up with the silverware - but throughout the season while players are injured, another team or two might get up on the day as Douttas did last Saturday. Expect this situation to go on for years - at least as long as the building industry stays healthy and the the ego is fed.

Not all Strathy people are comfortable about it - they'll support the club to the death but they know what's really going on - there's a difference between achieving success and actually being successful if you know what I mean. Time will tell what the real price has been. Still, their juniors are a credit to them and parents are, for the most part, at the better end of the scale.

Just so you know mate Douttas had 4 regulars out ruckman Bishop, Laverde, R Moore and Monteleone so they were well below strength on the weekend and from what i saw Strath only had Barnard and Lindsay out so it wasnt an excuse i dont think it was just the better side won on the day, and i keenly wait to see the game between Greenvale and Strathmore cause i think it will be one of the best of the season..:thumbsu:

jets06 said:

Little - $ 500 per game
Ogsten - captain - $ 250
3 x blokes from the WRFL $ 250 Each plus the next 6 x players at $ 125 and the remaining 3 x players on base payment of say $ 75 per game adds up to a grand total per game of around $ 7425 x 18 games = $133,650 plus the estimated sign on fees of about $ 15000 comes to a rounded up figure of $ 150,000. You could also factor in whether they will pay their players for finals appearances. Then you would be pushing close to $ 165,000. THATS ALOT OF FUNDRAISING just for player payments.
TRUST ME MATE THE BOYS FROM PORT COLTS AND HOPPERS WOULD B ON MORE THAN $250 A GAME TO COME OVER THEY WOULD OF BEEN ON WAY MORE THAN THAT AT THEIR ORIGINAL CLUBS AND THEY WOULDN'T OF COME OVER 4 LESS AND I WOULD SAY TATEY WOULD B UP THERE TOO WITH THE DOLLAR SIGNS, EITHER WAY THATS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY 4 LOCAL FOOTY AS IS THE MONEY SPENT ON SOME B GRADE CLUBS ASWELL BUT IF YA HAVE THE MONEY WHY NOT SPEND IT AS LONG AS IT DON'T SEND YA CLUB BROKE, THE WAR WILL RAGE ON ABOUT PLAYER PAYMENTS WITH NO OUTCOME

d-mac3276 said:
TRUST ME MATE THE BOYS FROM PORT COLTS AND HOPPERS WOULD B ON MORE THAN $250 A GAME TO COME OVER THEY WOULD OF BEEN ON WAY MORE THAN THAT AT THEIR ORIGINAL CLUBS AND THEY WOULDN'T OF COME OVER 4 LESS AND I WOULD SAY TATEY WOULD B UP THERE TOO WITH THE DOLLAR SIGNS, EITHER WAY THATS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY 4 LOCAL FOOTY AS IS THE MONEY SPENT ON SOME B GRADE CLUBS ASWELL BUT IF YA HAVE THE MONEY WHY NOT SPEND IT AS LONG AS IT DON'T SEND YA CLUB BROKE, THE WAR WILL RAGE ON ABOUT PLAYER PAYMENTS WITH NO OUTCOME

Right D-Mac. Clubs will recruit every year and pay players every year. As I've said before noone goes on about players getting paid, its just the supposed figure they get that gets people annoyed. Once you pay em at all its a pointless arguement. The WRFL boys don't get much for playing in the 2's.

Eagle One said:
Marby. minus West Coburg equals Pascoe Vale

Tull >>>>>>>>>>>> Pascoe vale

Pascoe Vale 3.2 7.4 11.8 11.10.76
Tullamarine 2.1 7.1 12.1 14.5.89

Clearly you dont read the results eagle one, then again l dont blame you for going and watching another team.

d-mac3276 said:

Agree with you d-mac, l think Williams would be be on more than $500.00 a game + a sign on fee, he played AFL football...unlike some of these others. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back