EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aberdaberdo said:
Right D-Mac. Clubs will recruit every year and pay players every year. As I've said before noone goes on about players getting paid, its just the supposed figure they get that gets people annoyed. Once you pay em at all its a pointless arguement. The WRFL boys don't get much for playing in the 2's.
maybe I read the paper wrong but did'nt hoath get best on ground in the first match and o'neil (both x wrfl boys)best on ground in the second match all was that a miss print and it was the seconds not the one's.anyway who gives a s h i t how much these players are geting good on them.the only looser out of this is going to be stathmore football club because all these players have g ne there for the money so once the moneys gone so are the players.and what I herd is a lot of the local stathmore players have gone else where.

aberdaberdo said:
Right D-Mac. Clubs will recruit every year and pay players every year. As I've said before noone goes on about players getting paid, its just the supposed figure they get that gets people annoyed. Once you pay em at all its a pointless arguement. The WRFL boys don't get much for playing in the 2's.

So your argument is that all clubs pay - whether they pay $80K or $200K they are still paying and that puts them in the same category, yes? No. Most clubs can manage the $80, a lot can manage even more, but the clubs that are paying the big stuff that comes from a big backer, that can't be sustained and what has happened to the soul of each club in the meantime. Say Strathmore's money (did I say "Strathmore's" money!!!) dries up in two years - and they have to manage on the old budget, who will be fronting up then when the money is not there - a ton of their home growns are gone, the people who grew up in the place. Let's not mentioned the "R" word!

I seem to recall a Strathmore friend of mind saying they only wanted to "fill the gaps" with the big buck players. They sure are filling a lot of gaps! Even the club sec's son who is good enough to get a 1's game is playing elsewhere.

Seeing you are all talking money, word around the traps is Airport West are running short already, they have put out a call to junior supporters and parents to dig deep, maybe some of their fat pay packets will be a bit light in coming weeks.

EDFL MAN said:
Let's be honest here, the blokes at Strathmore are playing for the love of it! Not money......What a load of b u ll s hit!
I hope Hillie pays them all by Cheque and it bounces........ :eek:

Then the ATO chase him............:p
Bitterness, they took three of the WRFL players but what can you do they stole alot of players of alot of teams, but i dont think you can blame Hillie its the players that take up the offer thats thrown out.

jets06 said:
Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is only a guess but I reckon the following wouldn't be far of the mark as a budget for the mores per game :

Quinn - sign-on $ 5000 + $1000 per game
Holman - sign-on $ 2000 (season 2005) + 750 per game
J Barnard - sign-on $ 2500 + 800 per game
Thomas - t/fer fee $ 2000 + 600 per game
Harvey - sign-on $ 2000 + 800 per game
P. Barnard - $ 500 per game when available
Little - $ 500 per game
Williams - $ 500 per game
Ogsten - captain - $ 250
3 x blokes from the WRFL $ 250 Each plus the next 6 x players at $ 125 and the remaining 3 x players on base payment of say $ 75 per game adds up to a grand total per game of around $ 7425 x 18 games = $133,650 plus the estimated sign on fees of about $ 15000 comes to a rounded up figure of $ 150,000. You could also factor in whether they will pay their players for finals appearances. Then you would be pushing close to $ 165,000. THATS ALOT OF FUNDRAISING just for player payments.
I think the WRFL players are on a little more than that, they were on more than that in the WRFL

Ubiquitous said:
So your argument is that all clubs pay - whether they pay $80K or $200K they are still paying and that puts them in the same category, yes? No. Most clubs can manage the $80, a lot can manage even more, but the clubs that are paying the big stuff that comes from a big backer, that can't be sustained and what has happened to the soul of each club in the meantime. Say Strathmore's money (did I say "Strathmore's" money!!!) dries up in two years - and they have to manage on the old budget, who will be fronting up then when the money is not there - a ton of their home growns are gone, the people who grew up in the place. Let's not mentioned the "R" word!

I seem to recall a Strathmore friend of mind saying they only wanted to "fill the gaps" with the big buck players. They sure are filling a lot of gaps! Even the club sec's son who is good enough to get a 1's game is playing elsewhere.

Who are the ton of home growns? Some left as they do each year. The problem most of those who left have is they don't want to play 2's. Very few u18's are going to come out of 18's and be consistant A-Grade footballers and thats a fact. Most have to learn how to play senior football and that happens for most in the 2's. They don't have a god given right to play A grade just because they played juniors at the club. Players leave to play senior football at a lower level rather than do a stint in the 2's. The only way they would play is if your struggling and playing them in large numbers is a matter of have to. Strathmore isn't so they have to back themselves and get a game like everyone else.

aberdaberdo said:
Who are the ton of home growns? Some left as they do each year. The problem most of those who left have is they don't want to play 2's. Very few u18's are going to come out of 18's and be consistant A-Grade footballers and thats a fact. Most have to learn how to play senior football and that happens for most in the 2's. They don't have a god given right to play A grade just because they played juniors at the club. Players leave to play senior football at a lower level rather than do a stint in the 2's. The only way they would play is if your struggling and playing them in large numbers is a matter of have to. Strathmore isn't so they have to back themselves and get a game like everyone else.

Many talented U/18s on the way up are happy to spend time in the 2s for a season or two and this is particulary helpful when former 1s players on the way down are also playing 2s. If the 2s also have some high quality players who are fighting for a spot in 1s, plus other 1 players coming back from injury, the talented players coming through will stay. Why aren't the young guys staying - because they are not getting a fair go because the 1's is filled up with the mercenaries?

Here's a thought - Why wouldn't a bloke who fancies himself as the second coming of the coaching world, actually back himself and stand behind his football experience, his football smarts, his fplaying reputation as well as his relationship with the young guys coming through who he's coached at U16 and U18 level and actually be a C O A C H - you know, teach and develop and bring on, be a tactician on game day and instill some of the work rate and toughness he obviously had as a player. That wouldn't involve cash to pay hot shots from everywhere else. It would take some real currency!

jets06 said:
Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is only a guess but I reckon the following wouldn't be far of the mark as a budget for the mores per game :

Quinn - sign-on $ 5000 + $1000 per game
Holman - sign-on $ 2000 (season 2005) + 750 per game
J Barnard - sign-on $ 2500 + 800 per game
Thomas - t/fer fee $ 2000 + 600 per game
Harvey - sign-on $ 2000 + 800 per game
P. Barnard - $ 500 per game when available
Little - $ 500 per game
Williams - $ 500 per game
Ogsten - captain - $ 250
3 x blokes from the WRFL $ 250 Each plus the next 6 x players at $ 125 and the remaining 3 x players on base payment of say $ 75 per game adds up to a grand total per game of around $ 7425 x 18 games = $133,650 plus the estimated sign on fees of about $ 15000 comes to a rounded up figure of $ 150,000. You could also factor in whether they will pay their players for finals appearances. Then you would be pushing close to $ 165,000. THATS ALOT OF FUNDRAISING just for player payments.

Williams $500?????????? you have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would increase the amount paid to Harvey by a bit also.

What about Winter?????????????????????????????? there is another 16000k.

And if you think those guys coming from the WRFL have come for $250 your crazy.

Also what about O'Brien. A really good player, would be well paid.

You dont get paid for finals and at most clubs you dont get paid if you dont play.

aberdaberdo said:
well buddy there are 6 wrfl players at strathmore now beasley has not missed a game and would be on $400 a game the former colts boys in o'neill 1 reserve game and 3 senior games two of them in the best $300 per game sam hoath played all 4 and on $400 and lastly the best of them all lindsay who has missed a couple with injury is on about $700 to $800
so aberdabado dont look like there is to many reserve players there except the seddon boys but what else do u expect when u recruit players from bottom teams.But good luck to the mores on spending all that money but it will look foolish if they don't get the chocolates at the end of the year

thebigshow said:
Seeing you are all talking money, word around the traps is Airport West are running short already, they have put out a call to junior supporters and parents to dig deep, maybe some of their fat pay packets will be a bit light in coming weeks.

Are u fishing mate??? Here's another chump that is getting his source's from a hienz jar:cool: APW would be spending max 40k to 45k a yr. kids are playing for jellybeans well established players play because they want to play for the club and there mates, and if they wanted obscene amounts of money wouldn't be here. The club is tucking the money in the bank so next time you come out fishing big show, better luck mate;)

OrangeCutter said:
Are u fishing mate??? Here's another chump that is getting his source's from a hienz jar:cool: APW would be spending max 40k to 45k a yr. kids are playing for jellybeans well established players play because they want to play for the club and there mates, and if they wanted obscene amounts of money wouldn't be here. The club is tucking the money in the bank so next time you come out fishing big show, better luck mate;)
Nothing wrong with my source orange boy, just ask any of the parents at the club, the request actually came out in writing, so no fishing here just facts.

TonyCampbell06 said:
put it this way champ, you've put two and two together and got 5! i know for a fact where the money comes from, so lets move on
So come on big boy where does the money come from? Underworld hits is it? And the figures that are being thrown around are incorrect? Get the picket out of your a r s e and state the facts. Stop sitting on the fence.....its wat we are all here for!!!!!!! Scar has made it known wat he wants to do at the club he loves.

Give us the true story and try and tell me Holman is on $50 bucks a game and free :D:D:D:D after the match. Who are you Tony,- Peter Gourlay?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juliand said:
So come on big boy where does the money come from? Underworld hits is it? And the figures that are being thrown around are incorrect? Get the picket out of your a r s e and state the facts. Stop sitting on the fence.....its wat we are all here for!!!!!!! Scar has made it known wat he wants to do at the club he loves.

Give us the true story and try and tell me Holman is on $50 bucks a game and free :D:D:D:D after the match. Who are you Tony,- Peter Gourlay?????

Mr Hill must be upset with the result from saturday. I must admit l was shocked to read the result that they lost to Doutta Stars while l was backing one out on the can :cool:
I then proceed to wipe my arse with that section of the paper....l then enter it into an Express post bag Adressed to the great man Hill! :D
My thought's are also with you

thebigshow said:
Nothing wrong with my source orange boy, just ask any of the parents at the club, the request actually came out in writing, so no fishing here just facts.

Maybe the great man Mark can help out?????????????????????????????
Then again we all know he doesnt like parting with money dont we Mark :eek:

EDFL MAN said:
Agree. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

But please remember $100,000 - $45,000 = $55,000

That's a :D:D:D:D load more in my opinion.
Edfl ***...thats your new name.
Who do you play for? Green peace football club, if so p iss off and save some fat whales that the edfl boys are shagging.

EDFL MAN said:
Tull >>>>>>>>>>>> Pascoe vale

Pascoe Vale 3.2 7.4 11.8 11.10.76
Tullamarine 2.1 7.1 12.1 14.5.89

Clearly you dont read the results eagle one, then again l dont blame you for going and watching another team.

B4 you get carried away EDFL man, I was referring to the $100,000 minus $45, 000 = $55,000 Likening Marbys payments minus West Coburgs payments equalling Pascoe Vales payments .

Ubiquitous said:
Many talented U/18s on the way up are happy to spend time in the 2s for a season or two and this is particulary helpful when former 1s players on the way down are also playing 2s. If the 2s also have some high quality players who are fighting for a spot in 1s, plus other 1 players coming back from injury, the talented players coming through will stay. Why aren't the young guys staying - because they are not getting a fair go because the 1's is filled up with the mercenaries?

Here's a thought - Why wouldn't a bloke who fancies himself as the second coming of the coaching world, actually back himself and stand behind his football experience, his football smarts, his fplaying reputation as well as his relationship with the young guys coming through who he's coached at U16 and U18 level and actually be a C O A C H - you know, teach and develop and bring on, be a tactician on game day and instill some of the work rate and toughness he obviously had as a player. That wouldn't involve cash to pay hot shots from everywhere else. It would take some real currency!

Are you talking about Strathmore or Douttas? Didn't see too many Douttas kids running around in the 1's on Sat. But either way the ones who have left (as some do every year) have rated themselves as not good enough before a shot has been fired. And lets face it the best U18's at any club don't play for your club. There at Cannons /VFL. Its a big ask to expect kids to come from your U18's when they haven't been good enough to go to the next level and then compete against players who have. The vast majority of good A Grade players have been to that next level and come back. The kids need to learn how to play senior footy. If they are willing to do that in the 2's great. If they drop back a level to play senior footy good luck to them. Most return at some stage anyway.

As for the coach I'm sure there would be plenty who would be happy to have the A Grade flag tucked under their pillow at night.

juliand said:

there you go Tony Campbell=Peter Gourlay :eek: , A loyal servant of the Strathmore football and cricket club

Aussie_dude said:
Williams $500?????????? you have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would increase the amount paid to Harvey by a bit also.

What about Winter?????????????????????????????? there is another 16000k.

And if you think those guys coming from the WRFL have come for $250 your crazy.

Also what about O'Brien. A really good player, would be well paid.

You dont get paid for finals and at most clubs you dont get paid if you dont play.

Aussie Dude, it was only a guess on what some of these blokes are on, but with the feedback sounds as though I am well under the mark !!!!!!

also, another rumour from a couple of years ago. Didn't the mores only pay their players something like 60 cents in the dollar that was promised at the start of the year ?????

aberdaberdo said:
Are you talking about Strathmore or Douttas? Didn't see too many Douttas kids running around in the 1's on Sat. But either way the ones who have left (as some do every year) have rated themselves as not good enough before a shot has been fired. And lets face it the best U18's at any club don't play for your club. There at Cannons /VFL. Its a big ask to expect kids to come from your U18's when they haven't been good enough to go to the next level and then compete against players who have. The vast majority of good A Grade players have been to that next level and come back. The kids need to learn how to play senior footy. If they are willing to do that in the 2's great. If they drop back a level to play senior footy good luck to them. Most return at some stage anyway.

As for the coach I'm sure there would be plenty who would be happy to have the A Grade flag tucked under their pillow at night.

mate you definetly dont like Douttas do you as for juniors you must not have watched very much, Nicolo, docherty (captain of the club) S tankcard, B Weston to name a few and R Moore, g hircoe and S Monteleone both out injured is not a bad mix of Doutta boys!:eek: :thumbsu:

aberdaberdo said:
Fair point about doing your stint in the two's like you said not all of them but a mass majority. Its the easy way out leaving to play at a low grade or team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back