EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My North said:
yes Sydenham Hillside scored 126 which is probaly there highest score ever and get done.
its actually equal highest score as we scored the same when we beat ncs last year and anybody could score big on that ground, even i kicked a goal from the 50 metre line oops that would b the 25 metre line wouldn't it

cantbuyaflag said:
Going well, great bloke and that boy can play one of many who is knocking on the door of the 1's...Wont be long till he will be playing i recon..:thumbsu:
The 2's are flying.....:)
Good feeling down at west at the moment...not getting to carried away though,long way to go...

Great win by West Coburg. Flavel and Ahmed were sensational. We have a lot of work to do if we are to turn the tables come finals time but anything can happen. Look at what happened to Zou and he was just getting out of bed.We have to stay in touch this week as Marby are really keen to stick it right up us. Again well done to EDFL man and his team mates and I hope we have the chance of a return match. The one advantage we have this week is that Eggers CAN coach!:D :D :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

EDFL MAN said:
My point has been proven on O'neill! :eek:
Maybe R.Little, A.Thomas, D.Zahra?

budgie from greenvale could fit there, can play any spot in the backline, is a freak, only seen him beat once ever, was a bad day to give the honours away being a grand final but think winter would of toweled anybody they way he played that day.
also drewy from keilor, no 17, very underated player at full back, centre half back, gets a fist on everything, theres two nominations for you
as for oneill from oak park, would be a dark day for the oak park football club if he was running around at full back, let me tell you

EDFL MAN said:
Does anyone know who played on S.Tankard on the weekend? Who did o'neill play on also?

O'Neill played on both Tankard and Carey during the course of the game, got a bit of touch up too. When you are 16 goals down at 3/4 time you don't start whinging to the umpires about the doutta water person !!!.
I don't think the doutta water person was the reason O'neill and Craigieburn were getting flogged.

Eagle One said:
Great win by West Coburg. Flavel and Ahmed were sensational. We have a lot of work to do if we are to turn the tables come finals time but anything can happen. Look at what happened to Zou and he was just getting out of bed.We have to stay in touch this week as Marby are really keen to stick it right up us. Again well done to EDFL man and his team mates and I hope we have the chance of a return match. The one advantage we have this week is that Eggers CAN coach!:D :D :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Have to agree there Eagle, Flavel was sensational on the weekend, l'm sure Zouzounis will be back not sure when tho champ! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

APW will play finals this year, they are the real deal and well drilled/coached by Eggers(Ian Denny).
The big match up this week......Marby Vs APW or should l say......

Allison Vs Ian! Who will win the battle!

At the risk of offending some of the B grade fans shouldn't we expect the players that move from A grade clubs to B grade to perform well??? A few on this forum give big raps to the likes of Flavell and Houcher etc Absolutlely they're great players but the expectations on them should be high, very high, when they go back a level. Also I think everyone's distratcted by the aura surrounding the More's this year... All the pre-season hype is over now. How about we start judging them on performance. They fell over the line against Keilor at home and went down to Douttas.... They're just another of the top four as far as I can tell....:confused:

bomber44 said:
At the risk of offending some of the B grade fans shouldn't we expect the players that move from A grade clubs to B grade to perform well??? A few on this forum give big raps to the likes of Flavell and Houcher etc Absolutlely they're great players but the expectations on them should be high, very high, when they go back a level. Also I think everyone's distratcted by the aura surrounding the More's this year... All the pre-season hype is over now. How about we start judging them on performance. They fell over the line against Keilor at home and went down to Douttas.... They're just another of the top four as far as I can tell....:confused:

Bomber agree with you there to a certain degree champ, you must remember players like Flavel, Haouchar, Pappa, Barclay, Mercuri and Martain etc are playing good footy and maybe they just have to earn there kicks alittle more in B grade this year? There would be certain Players/blokes out there wanting to make an name for themselfs by trying to knock there blocks off etc..:confused:
I rate Keilor highly they will play finals in my opinion along with Douttas, Strathmore,Greenvale and Avondale....so l have to ask the question who will miss out?

Make A grade top 5 for God sake Stan and Ian!

Yeah they may have to earn a few hard ones but they should have the class to get a lot of easier ones too..... I think the main thing going against Keilor will be old legs, especially come October but they're very solid. I think Avondale Heights could be the one to miss which is tough cos' in any other year they might be top two. The comp has definitely started to separate into the have and have nots.... right down the centre in fact.

EDFL MAN said:
Bomber agree with you there to a certain degree champ, you must remember players like Flavel, Haouchar, Pappa, Barclay, Mercuri and Martain etc are playing good footy and maybe they just have to earn there kicks alittle more in B grade this year? There would be certain Players/blokes out there wanting to make an name for themselfs by trying to knock there blocks off etc..:confused:
I rate Keilor highly they will play finals in my opinion along with Douttas, Strathmore,Greenvale and Avondale....so l have to ask the question who will miss out?

Make A grade top 5 for God sake Stan and Ian!
Agree with you about stepping down a level its hard believe it or not, the balls not delivered the same or in the right spot and like you said about losers trying to make name for themselves by trying to clean blokes up

bomber44 said:

Whist in theory I agree with you. These players also cop a lot more attention in B grade and may have the oppositions best stopper rather than 2nd or 3rd best. Also B grade standard of delivery is not as good so waiting for an easy ball is not as easy if that is you style of game.

WRFLfan said:
Agree with you about stepping down a level its hard believe it or not, the balls not delivered the same or in the right spot and like you said about losers trying to make name for themselves by trying to clean blokes up

Correct wrflfan and Hard ball get, it's alot harder to get a kick in B grade than A grade in my opinion. I have to admit tho, B grade has cleaned itself up over the last couple of years. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL MAN said:
Correct wrflfan and Hard ball get, it's alot harder to get a kick in B grade than A grade in my opinion. I have to admit tho, B grade has cleaned itself up over the last couple of years. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

if any maribyrnong park player couldnt get a kick last weekend, they oughta retire! :p

Hard Ball Get said:
Whist in theory I agree with you. These players also cop a lot more attention in B grade and may have the oppositions best stopper rather than 2nd or 3rd best. Also B grade standard of delivery is not as good so waiting for an easy ball is not as easy if that is you style of game.

What about my second point re Strathmore, interested to see that a lot of the A grade talk on this site is taken up with them. As I said on performance they certainly haven't set the world on fire so far other than bullying KP and EK all over the park. They're definitely going figure heavily in the wash up, but I don't know that they're the dominate force they were predicted to be. People talk about them having 35 one's players, well that's all well and good but only 22 can play and if they're not clicking together it means nothing! Thoughts???:eek:

bomber44 said:
What about my second point re Strathmore, interested to see that a lot of the A grade talk on this site is taken up with them. As I said on performance they certainly haven't set the world on fire so far other than bullying KP and EK all over the park. They're definitely going figure heavily in the wash up, but I don't know that they're the dominate force they were predicted to be. People talk about them having 35 one's players, well that's all well and good but only 22 can play and if they're not clicking together it means nothing! Thoughts???:eek:

I guess with any team when you inject that many new faces it takes time to gel.

Look at Chelsea in the Premier League. It took them a while to gel and they then won consecutive titles.

bomber44 said:

To be fair to the Mores Bomber it's only round 5 Champ, they have Greenvale round 7 away which will be a tough ask in my opinion! Time will tell, they have the cattle to win it but just maybe egos will be there down fall in the end! :confused:

EDFL MAN said:

Think you've gone a bit far there EDFLman. If it was easier to get a kick in A grade than B grade then surely the grades would be reversed?!?!?!? Maybe some clarification on that point.... Physically as a top line player in B grade you may be at more risk whilst trying to get a ball. But I've played enough games to know that there ain't to many 'easy' touches to be found in A grade. Just cos they're not trying to knock your head off as often doesn't make it 'soft'. Agree that the league in general is very clean and b grade seems to have improved dramatically from what I can tell.:thumbsu:

EDFL MAN said:

Let us hear some opinions on the best and most under rated coaches in the EDFL. I will start the ball rolling and nominate Steve McPherson G'Vale and Ian Denny APW as the best in each grade. Also Gavin Kerr A.Heights and John Barbuto G'Roy as the most under rated. Consider areas such as good club people , developing juniors and promoting their club and also the EDFL. Coaches that have a big budget to attract big name players are not always the best overall.;) :thumbsu:

TonyCampbell06 said:
if any maribyrnong park player couldnt get a kick last weekend, they oughta retire! :p

Some great matches in B grade this weekend.....

Airport West Vs Mraby. Any thoughts on who will win and why?

Mercuri, Martain, Pappa, Mcbride Vs Zerafa, Nash, Bell, Weston etc

Glenroy Vs West Coburg. Will be danger game for west in my opinion, Glenroy are highly rated and have some good new players to there list in Powell, Hoysted, Caulfield etc.

Eagle One said:
Let us hear some opinions on the best and most under rated coaches in the EDFL. I will start the ball rolling and nominate Steve McPherson G'Vale and Ian Denny APW as the best in each grade. Also Gavin Kerr A.Heights and John Barbuto G'Roy as the most under rated. Consider areas such as good club people , developing juniors and promoting their club and also the EDFL. Coaches that have a big budget to attract big name players are not always the best overall.;) :thumbsu:

Then surely McPherson can't be one of the best then?
He has had financial backing from the club to get players that he wanted and needed! I agree to with Ian Denny and JB from Glenroy. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Eagle One said:

who might we be Eagle One uuuuuuummmm not eggers so maybe we want a game this week :D nah your right mate we need to prove something to ourselfs this week lets hopw training go's up a few notches this week.
catbuyaflag, fair call to the winners gos the spoils good to see your enjoying it. But i don't think eggers will be sending us tot he electric chair just yet:p but thanx for the advice mate ill take it on board.

EDFL MAN said:
Some great matches in B grade this weekend.....

Airport West Vs Mraby. Any thoughts on who will win and why?

Mercuri, Martain, Pappa, Mcbride Vs Zerafa, Nash, Bell, Weston etc

Glenroy Vs West Coburg. Will be danger game for west in my opinion, Glenroy are highly rated and have some good new players to there list in Powell, Hoysted, Caulfield etc.

EDFL Man - you're often on the ball with your comments but please fill us all in. You play at West Coburg who to my knowledge haven't been in the premier comp for a few years now. I'm curious though, you have many good valid points on the B Grade comp but i find it hard to believe if your comments about A Grade are fair dinkum, given the fact you are playing B Grade. Do you get feed information from mates who play in the grade above or have you played A Grade recently. Also, agree about your danger game this week - having been up and about the last two weeks - i think it will be a tough one this week - you should get over the line though. Gelnroy have some Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back