EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Anyone see the KP v GV game,

Given KP only scored 4 goals, it seems a bit surprising they werent smashed by more ??

I would have thought that GV should have kicked 20 - 25 on the day,

KP only had 8 scoring shots all day !!!!!

Looks like the same old same old for KP, early hype, loads of rumours of potential signings, only to again loose some home grown talent.

Is it fair to say they are in struggle town already ??? Gotta be able to kick more than 4 goals in a game :mad:

No sure if you realised but it pisssssssssssssed down on saturday, might have had something to do with it.

Were u or anyone else at the game? Interested to know if Keilor played badly, Coburg West played well or combination of both??? Could CW be a surprise packet this year?

I watched this game and you have to feel sorry for the burgers infront most of the game and the better side all day except for the last 10 minutes. A typical west coburg performance lots of heart, conditions really suitd them was a scrap all game. Fida Ahmaat easily best on, a typical Rabee performance, and every one else was solid. A lot to like about there young forward think he wore number 6.

Keilor def dissapointing although conditions didnt suit, hard to find a stand out performer. Leigh Picionie probably there best, Brendan Porter was solid at centre half forward and looks like he coud do some damage in dry conditions, Marcy had a lot of the ball but didnt use it well enough.

I watched this game and you have to feel sorry for the burgers infront most of the game and the better side all day except for the last 10 minutes. A typical west coburg performance lots of heart, conditions really suitd them was a scrap all game. Fida Ahmaat easily best on, a typical Rabee performance, and every one else was solid. A lot to like about there young forward think he wore number 6.

Keilor def dissapointing although conditions didnt suit, hard to find a stand out performer. Leigh Picionie probably there best, Brendan Porter was solid at centre half forward and looks like he coud do some damage in dry conditions, Marcy had a lot of the ball but didnt use it well enough.

WC were very stiff to loose. Last minute of play Keilor - Bailey kicks a goal from just inside 50 to win. Keilor would consider themselves lucky to have 4pts.

last kick of the day too

shocking umps all day gave them 3 goals from free kicks

Presumably you are stating Keilor got the three and West Coburg did not get any goals from frees? Funny that, Ash Flavel got one from a free, as did another WC player. However, rather than blame the umps, should look at the lack of discipline from the WC players. Keilor were payed a free in the centre area, but over exuberant attention and continued back chat and abuse from the WC player earned him two 50 metre penalties taking the Keilor player into the goal square.

Third quarter, Ash Flavel rides Gluschenko into the ground, should have put a saddle on, then goes in with a quick biff, obvious 50 meter penalty. So instead of a shot from 55 out, shot is taken from from the goal square again.

Total lack of discipline by the two WC boys. Cannot remember a third goal given by the umps.

So don't bleat about the poor umpires, look closer to home.

Did Anyone see the KP v GV game,

Given KP only scored 4 goals, it seems a bit surprising they werent smashed by more ??

I would have thought that GV should have kicked 20 - 25 on the day,

KP only had 8 scoring shots all day !!!!!

Looks like the same old same old for KP, early hype, loads of rumours of potential signings, only to again loose some home grown talent.

Is it fair to say they are in struggle town already ??? Gotta be able to kick more than 4 goals in a game :mad:

GV had the biggest winning margin for the day (by a long way) in pretty crap conditions. Would think they'd be pretty happy with that start. Wouldn't be drawing too many conclusions on the results this weekend after a preseason without a drop of rain not much could be expected on a very wet day. A couple of teams got a big scare but no scalps...... yet!:thumbsu:

GV had the biggest winning margin for the day (by a long way) in pretty crap conditions. Would think they'd be pretty happy with that start. Wouldn't be drawing too many conclusions on the results this weekend after a preseason without a drop of rain not much could be expected on a very wet day. A couple of teams got a big scare but no scalps...... yet!:thumbsu:

Paxman doing his knee wont help..bit of bad luck!!!!:D

Paxman doing his knee wont help..bit of bad luck!!!!:D

If that smiley face is meant to be funny I thjink you're a very sad individual. The competition relies on the likes of Paxman, Piccione Minton-Connell, Misiti and other ex AFL players to raise the profile and standard of our comp. If he has in fact 'done his knee' it's bad news for the comp, not just GV. :thumbsdown:

If that smiley face is meant to be funny I thjink you're a very sad individual. The competition relies on the likes of Paxman, Piccione Minton-Connell, Misiti and other ex AFL players to raise the profile and standard of our comp. If he has in fact 'done his knee' it's bad news for the comp, not just GV. :thumbsdown:

PICCIONE????? **** off poon!!

Best you could do? Who cares how you spell his name..... try responding to the point of the comment or did I confuse you with all that plain english?? :eek:

Don't think we can be to hard on any of the teams playing in the conditions Saturday.
How many new players were playing for Keilor Park and did Dean Rioli play and if so how did he look?

Don't think we can be to hard on any of the teams playing in the conditions Saturday.
How many new players were playing for Keilor Park and did Dean Rioli play and if so how did he look?

Exactly my point Nemo.

KP may or may not have recruited well, you would never know, kempster and his boys dont like to give too much up :eek:

BUT, if we do have a wet winter, what will use will the northern boys be ???

Clearly a bit of wet and they go to ground, they would not have played too many wet games i would have thought ??

Some of their new players look impressive - Potter, Randello, Kuret, Hakim, Pekes, Faraj just too name a few... Dont be suprised if they come out firing this year..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presumably you are stating Keilor got the three and West Coburg did not get any goals from frees? Funny that, Ash Flavel got one from a free, as did another WC player. However, rather than blame the umps, should look at the lack of discipline from the WC players. Keilor were payed a free in the centre area, but over exuberant attention and continued back chat and abuse from the WC player earned him two 50 metre penalties taking the Keilor player into the goal square.

Third quarter, Ash Flavel rides Gluschenko into the ground, should have put a saddle on, then goes in with a quick biff, obvious 50 meter penalty. So instead of a shot from 55 out, shot is taken from from the goal square again.

Total lack of discipline by the two WC boys. Cannot remember a third goal given by the umps.

So don't bleat about the poor umpires, look closer to home.

Lucky the game was at Keilor....if it had of been played at West Corburg Bluey Callaghan would have written a letter to the league protesting how wet the ground was....hope you guys use protection whilst showering!

Exactly my point Nemo.

KP may or may not have recruited well, you would never know, kempster and his boys dont like to give too much up :eek:

BUT, if we do have a wet winter, what will use will the northern boys be ???

Clearly a bit of wet and they go to ground, they would not have played too many wet games i would have thought ??

I would have thought the opposite that they would thrive in the wet considering most of the NT season is played during the wet season in torrential rain. They have come up against the side that is tipped to win the flag and prob done a descent job.

Yep i can confirm that Abers lost on the last kick of th day :D MWhahahahahahahahahahaha MWhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha bad luck two blues ;)

Ah good ol Abers...so close yet so far...just like the last 10 years!!
Aberfeldie..the club that is destined to achieve nothing..hahaha

Lucky the game was at Keilor....if it had of been played at West Corburg Bluey Callaghan would have written a letter to the league protesting how wet the ground was....hope you guys use protection whilst showering!
Sammy, do you have anything constructive to add? Or are just a frustrated comedian. If it is the latter, don't give up you day job! you will starve trying to make it in comedy.
WC did handle the conditions a lot better, but even then if anybody bothers to check the quarter by quarter scores, WC only won the third quarter. Keilor out scored them in the other three quarters.

Sorry to disagree, but I thought it was a poor performance from Rabee. He has not been effective, in A grade, in his last two years at Keilor and Saturdays's game was no different. Kicks do not penetrate, his hand passes, quite often do not hit the target, or go to team mates under pressure, with a consequential stoppage. Tries to burst through too many packs. The Keilor mid field of Picioane, (2) Fraser, Marcy, all had close to 30 touches, Rabee less than 20.

gday guys just wondering if any one could fill me in on the status of the roxburgh park fc i played juniors there and havent been there for a while

any one that could tell about blokes like jellal sleiman, matt pataine and teakura paiti would be good ta

Sammy, do you have anything constructive to add? Or are just a frustrated comedian. If it is the latter, don't give up you day job! you will starve trying to make it in comedy.
WC did handle the conditions a lot better, but even then if anybody bothers to check the quarter by quarter scores, WC only won the third quarter. Keilor out scored them in the other three quarters.

Fresh Fish....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back