EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these potential losses all true?

Steven Long Retired Lee Fraser Retired?? Lance Picioane Gone Lee Picioane Gone Andrew Ball Gone?? Brendan Porter?? Shannon Marcy Gone Andrew Knezevic Gone David Rogowski Gone Nick Bailey Gone Daniel Cooper Injured Luke Buttigieg Gone Chad Gauci Gone James Condos Gone Mark Zucco Gone Travis Gluschenko Gone Adrian Moore Gone?? Mathew Towner Gone Erin Hassan Gone Kevin Whichello Gone

Daniel Cooper signed at Essendon Grammer with Condos.

Bailey & Leigh Picioane will join the ex-keilor boy's. I wounder if these 3 (Kev,Butters,Towner) feel at all anyway responsible for the mass Exodus?

Adrian Moore will stay at Keilor & Andrew Ball.

Chad Gauci is playing at Airport West next year.

Bailey & Leigh Picioane will join the ex-keilor boy's. I wounder if these 3 (Kev,Butters,Towner) feel at all anyway responsible for the mass Exodus?

it is amazing if true - what is mcguanne doing ???? - has Mcguanne met with these guys
what abt recruiting ?? have any new faces signed

on the ballarat site they say porter is also back to Melton

big coin to mcguanne if they finish 5-8

TC whats goin on there

it is amazing if true - what is mcguanne doing ???? - has Mcguanne met with these guys

TC whats goin on there

The problem is if these blokes have already signed elsewhere then talking won't get Mickie anywhere.

A-Grade Fixture

The 2008 EDFL Fixture for A and B Grade was announced last night at the Annual General Meeting. The full fixture will probably be put on the EDFL website sometime today.

As Puff said above Abers have a tough few first weeks. The complete match schedule for them is on their website if anyone wants to look at it:

www.abers.com.au

Keilor Football Club are happy to announce that Lee Fraser has signed on for season 2008 as playing assistant coach to Mick Mcguane.:thumbsu:

Looks like Joey Laverde and his old team mates wont have to wait long until they clash :D round 1 at Douttas ;)

Keilor only have to clear 3 players per rival club

WHO CARES .....JUST ANOHTER POON.

General, you seriously need to have a good hard look at yourself. There is not one person who knows Lee Fraser that would say a bad word about him.

He has been loyal to Keilor when no doubt he too could have chased coin like many others.

You are a gutless germ and if you have the courage send me a personal message declaring who you are. You make me sick and the club you support should be embarrassed that you are associated with them.

General, you seriously need to have a good hard look at yourself. There is not one person who knows Lee Fraser that would say a bad word about him.

He has been loyal to Keilor when no doubt he too could have chased coin like many others.

You are a gutless germ and if you have the courage send me a personal message declaring who you are. You make me sick and the club you support should be embarrassed that you are associated with them.
To easy to suck you in chum.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is true, only 3 players from one club can go to another at one time..

not entirely true.........more than 3 can go from one club to another...if both clubs can come to some sort of agreement..EG...2007..Avondale Heights and Maribyrnong Park..Janezic, Price, Lekkas, Karavas

TC whats goin on there

Super 07, not sure what's gone wrong at Keilor. Players come and go but it hurts more when your juniors that have come through move on. There is just so much cash around (even for players who don't deserve it) which gives some people an inflated ego and makes them think they are better than what they are. As such, they feel they are able to hold their original club to ransom and if these players leave, it doesn't show much for their personal character. I'm not singling anyone out in particular and I wish all the people that have left good luck. It's hard not to leave when big $$ are offered, especially for guys paying of mortgages etc which is bloody hard.

Eddie and Bluey are not to blame as some people have made out. They are Keilor boys and wanted to stay on board and push for a flag but I'm not sure they received the support they required to do so. It seems flags cannot be won without a high profile coach so the club had a look around and Eddie and Bluey felt they had lost the support to continue.

Eddie and Bluey still had the desire to coach and good on them for taking on Old Essendon Grammar. It hurts when we lose these blokes and some of our better players (Condos & Cooper) to OEG but it is pretty much expected that when a coach leaves he usually takes a few with him. I remember Brendan Hickman brought Brad Fox from Gisborne and Dave Callander brought Rabee Houchar and Tony Rossios when they both signed on at Keilor. I'm sure those clubs losing those types of players weren't happy but we were happy to take them.

A few players might also be sick of playing for third spot as it seems Strathmore and Greenvale have moved streets ahead of everybody else. Going into a season thinking you can't win a flag is deflating and although I've never felt that we can't win it, it is getting that way.

Keilor have had extended success since 1968 (B Grade Flag) and haven't been relegated since. Many A Grade flags and finals series along the way. Tough times at the moment but every club goes through it.

It might just be the case of a few Keilor boys trying their luck elsewhere for a couple of seasons which is healthy. Many Keilor players have done it such as Bluey and Eddie to Rochester and Panda to Sunbury so good luck to them.

Keilor will get back on track but I'm sure a few clubs are very happy about what's happening at the moment!

Super 07, not sure what's gone wrong at Keilor. Players come and go but it hurts more when your juniors that have come through move on. There is just so much cash around (even for players who don't deserve it) which gives some people an inflated ego and makes them think they are better than what they are. As such, they feel they are able to hold their original club to ransom and if these players leave, it doesn't show much for their personal character. I'm not singling anyone out in particular and I wish all the people that have left good luck. It's hard not to leave when big $$ are offered, especially for guys paying of mortgages etc which is bloody hard.

Eddie and Bluey are not to blame as some people have made out. They are Keilor boys and wanted to stay on board and push for a flag but I'm not sure they received the support they required to do so. It seems flags cannot be won without a high profile coach so the club had a look around and Eddie and Bluey felt they had lost the support to continue.

Eddie and Bluey still had the desire to coach and good on them for taking on Old Essendon Grammar. It hurts when we lose these blokes and some of our better players (Condos & Cooper) to OEG but it is pretty much expected that when a coach leaves he usually takes a few with him. I remember Brendan Hickman brought Brad Fox from Gisborne and Dave Callander brought Rabee Houchar and Tony Rossios when they both signed on at Keilor. I'm sure those clubs losing those types of players weren't happy but we were happy to take them.

A few players might also be sick of playing for third spot as it seems Strathmore and Greenvale have moved streets ahead of everybody else. Going into a season thinking you can't win a flag is deflating and although I've never felt that we can't win it, it is getting that way.

Keilor have had extended success since 1968 (B Grade Flag) and haven't been relegated since. Many A Grade flags and finals series along the way. Tough times at the moment but every club goes through it.

It might just be the case of a few Keilor boys trying their luck elsewhere for a couple of seasons which is healthy. Many Keilor players have done it such as Bluey and Eddie to Rochester and Panda to Sunbury so good luck to them.

Keilor will get back on track but I'm sure a few clubs are very happy about what's happening at the moment!
my taxes are paying you to eradicate asian drug dealers ****, not to write essays on a deadshiit heartless club!!

It's happening up the bush also TC, the guns get their $700/$800 or in some cases a lot more to play district level footy - middle of the road senior blokes are asking $300-$400 and spuds with 10-20 senior games with little to show for it want $100-$200.

Unfortunately with mortgages, giving up Satdy work etc it's the way footy is going everywhere - it's hard to blame players who have commitments in life, perhaps it is the clubs who set the prices. A player is surely only worth what a club deems they're worth to their organisation

STOP IT...... IM CRYING YOU LITTLE POON.JUMP OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH AND DO THE WORLD SOME GOOD D*CKLESS.:eek:

Please excuse us all from this poor sob story.Our hearts our bleeding.

Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass summed it up well in their smash hit Tequila

Rat tat a tat ta rattat - **** Keilor

[quote=tess;9630285]Maybe Keilor should just get out the way of the new Power Clubs coming through, or do they run the risk of being run over by them.[/quote]

Like I said earlier, This club will still find a way to play finals. They are the only club who consistanly plays finals football.

Strathmore are a great side at the moment but only a couple of years ago they almost got relegated.

Greenvale were playing B grade not long ago!

So even though you take your hat off to those sides for being so great over the past couple of years and sharing the premierships between them, you have got to remember that Keilor is still a strong and successfull club who will not lay down.

They have their backs against the wall but i think they will play finals football. It is just in the culture of the club.

Anyway enough about Keilor, They have lost some players and gained some players, just like evey other club.

What is going on with the clubs around the league?

Marby - have recruited well, but we all know that they have done this in the past with no success?

Avondale Heights - what is happening with them? They were very good towards the end of last year? They finished 4th didn't they? Surley only a couple of more players to that list to be a premiership contender?

Strathmore - Are they still going to be as strong as previous years or has the money ran out? and if the money has ran out will these players play for the jumper?

Greenvale - We all know they have gone to the VFL to recruit more players, so who did they get? and what impact will these guys have on the competition?

Oak Park - Did they get Frank Rasso? Did they sign any of the boys from Northern Nights and Seymour? They local boys stood up last year so a little bit of outside influence will bring them back to the top.

Abers - Big things were to come out of them last season as they introduced a lot on new players to there list last season with no results? maybe these boys have all stayed on and will gel this year? If they do watch out !!! Abers will play finals football.

Keilor - Have they lost all of there players from last year? If so will they or have they recruited any?

Craigieburn - They will have Richmond as co tendents next year so this may have made the club a little more attractive? They are the team who can beat the top teams and loose to the bottom teams? Some consitancy in 2008 will be something to aim for?

Doutta Stars - lost some key onballers, have they retained Carey and his possy? (sorry guys that is the only way i can describe his boys:D) Has there been some movement down at the club? Generalblastoff maybe you can enlighten us on things happening down there?

West Coburg - Lost Rabbe, did they retain there twin towers? Ben and Elvi? Small ground and tough for oppostition to win there? Are they welcoming any new comers to there home?

I think the season will end up like this? in no particular order these are the spots I think teams will play off for at present.

**** Book your ticket now **********

Greenvale
Abers

****** Fighting for a finals spot *******

Strathmore
Keilor
Avondale Heights
Marby
Oak Park

******** Battle to stay in A grade *******

West Coburg
Craigieburn