EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawk -

I cant believe you think that Marby can last after GA - you say that its a well off area? Yea it is but - its a smart well off area thats why everyone has given all their money to clubs like abers, dotta and s'more over the last 50 yrs ya stupid prick

Its blokes like you that make everyone think marby is the pig club it is so go have a wash in the Marby river ya flea

cougarman -

Get off the site with ya shit calls; I seen saliba with abers and singed a 2 yr deal last year so no move with him; Same with Turner - on a two year deal so if he moves then a fair old shit bloke he would be after what abers have given him in the last few years

Spoke to saul caddy last night and already signed with nth heidelberg so move back to that hole ya come from

that is what i said you moron, that if he did leave port he would going to nth, not craigeburn so pull you're head tool

Hawk -

I cant believe you think that Marby can last after GA - you say that its a well off area? Yea it is but - its a smart well off area thats why everyone has given all their money to clubs like abers, dotta and s'more over the last 50 yrs ya stupid prick

Its blokes like you that make everyone think marby is the pig club it is so go have a wash in the Marby river ya flea

Bigthoughts, not the brighest spark r u !!!

In the end, I dont care what happens to Marby, it was only an observation. Before teeing off, how about reading quotes properly.

Once again, jealously, your probaly coming from a club who is losing players to Marby.:)

Look out B Grade, Nick Grigg will easily kick 100 goals this year at East Keilor......His back to his junior club and will relish the conditions after bagging 50 odd for Donvale Last Year

Let them do what they like.....

Let me start off by saying that what ever Marby decide to do in regards to the amount of money being spent on buying players, is up to them. But in my personal opinion its laughable, how on earth you can justify a player worth 1k for a game a few odd thousand for a signing on fee (not to mention mobile phones) in local football is pure stupidity. I have no idea who this GA dude is but Christ almighty for a man who has all this money, lets hope when he eventually leaves the club whether it might be next year or 2 years down the track lets just hope you don't leave them in the sh*t. The league has a duty to get on to what is happening out there because marby are a totally different case to Greenvale and Strathmore, and i have no doubt even without looking at the books this club will be in the diabolical trouble when "Roman Abramovich" leaves the helm. If the league don't get involved in this they should personally all stand down find a corner in a room and put there hands on there heads for 10 decades. The league is being run by a bunch of peanuts.

On my second issue with joey laverde and jimmy hollow leaving doutta's i cant say im not dirty on them because i am. Considering Joey was the man who convinced me to come over to doutta's i am a little disappointed in his departure, not to mention he has allot of very good mates at douttas in which he has played with for most his footy life. Any how there great blokes so you cant hold grudges but my word i cant wait to play marby round one (First things first though im a fat prick still, so kilos must be shed).

OK fellas thats my say, its been a tough week at the office so i thought id let out some frustration this arvo. Merry xmas to all take care and smash some froffies over the break

Mr Controversy

I can't believe some of the rubbish being spoken about how marby will fall into a heap once GA finishes up. With success will bring other sponsors on board (remember its a pretty well off area).

From what I saw this year, they have improved the car park and social rooms and if they continue to spend a portion of there money on facilities, equipment and there Junior program, then they are on the right track.

There aim must be that if the money does dry up, that they have the foundations in place to secure there future in A Grade.

It wasn't that long ago that any half decent junior players they had were snapped up pretty quickly by Abers and Douttas.

A fair bit of jealously out there. Good luck to them, they just offer the money, its the players that take it.:)

This is the biggest joke of a post i have ever read on bigfooty. Marbys facilities improved :rolleyes: they are a dead set disgrace, there change rooms rank only just below west meadows as the worst in the edfl, there ground was easily the worst in the edfl last year, until both of these are fixed then no juniors will be enticed to play there and ever the senior players would think twice about playing there knowing that they are a massive chance to do there knee on the hump in the middle of the ground. You can use the excuse of its the councils responsibility all you like, but with enough push councils are always good to cough up the cash especially if matched 50/50 with spending b the club it self. Keilor,Craigieburn & Greenvale will always be strong clubs because they have good facilities and good junior set ups, until a club has both of these they are simply tredding water.

This is the biggest joke of a post i have ever read on bigfooty. Marbys facilities improved :rolleyes: they are a dead set disgrace, there change rooms rank only just below west meadows as the worst in the edfl, there ground was easily the worst in the edfl last year, until both of these are fixed then no juniors will be enticed to play there and ever the senior players would think twice about playing there knowing that they are a massive chance to do there knee on the hump in the middle of the ground. You can use the excuse of its the councils responsibility all you like, but with enough push councils are always good to cough up the cash especially if matched 50/50 with spending b the club it self. Keilor,Craigieburn & Greenvale will always be strong clubs because they have good facilities and good junior set ups, until a club has both of these they are simply tredding water.

exactly :thumbsu:

A whole lot of rubbish gets talked on this site.

Basically what people have to realise is that everyone involved does the best they can for their club.
Yes some turn over more money than others, some make better decisions than others etc. But at the end of the day if, all other things being equal, the committee at Keilor
& the committee at Hadfield swapped roles chances are they would still finish within a few spots either way of where they would have anyway.
Yes some clubs have deservedly built a reputation over a long time for their strong junior structure and that is something other clubs can't just turn around over a couple of seasons.

Still the fact is that external factors are a big issue in local football. Look back to the early 90's and clubs like APW, EK, & KP were all up from B Grade and enjoying success in A Grade, why?
They were affordable areas for young families and had strong junior teams who developed together.
What happened? Population got older, housing went up less young families, less juniors etc.
Now there are 3 clubs in a small area fighting to attract and retain a limited number of players & sponsors.
On the flip side who will be surprised if in the coming years Craigieburn & Sydenham are in the top half of A Grade.
We all have clubs we love to hate but ridiculing the efforts and hard work of others you probably don't even know is just poor form.

As for Marby, they were up against it before GA got on board so if they find themselves in the same position when he goes at least they got to taste some success. If they can build a little, good on them.
I wish them well.

A whole lot of rubbish gets talked on this site.

Basically what people have to realise is that everyone involved does the best they can for their club.
Yes some turn over more money than others, some make better decisions than others etc. But at the end of the day if, all other things being equal, the committee at Keilor
& the committee at Hadfield swapped roles chances are they would still finish within a few spots either way of where they would have anyway.
Yes some clubs have deservedly built a reputation over a long time for their strong junior structure and that is something other clubs can't just turn around over a couple of seasons.

Still the fact is that external factors are a big issue in local football. Look back to the early 90's and clubs like APW, EK, & KP were all up from B Grade and enjoying success in A Grade, why?
They were affordable areas for young families and had strong junior teams who developed together.
What happened? Population got older, housing went up less young families, less juniors etc.
Now there are 3 clubs in a small area fighting to attract and retain a limited number of players & sponsors.
On the flip side who will be surprised if in the coming years Craigieburn & Sydenham are in the top half of A Grade.
We all have clubs we love to hate but ridiculing the efforts and hard work of others you probably don't even know is just poor form.

As for Marby, they were up against it before GA got on board so if they find themselves in the same position when he goes at least they got to taste some success. If they can build a little, good on them.
I wish them well.

Post of the year.:thumbsu:

Just changing the subject for a minute guys........Happy to say the Sharks have succesfully locked away David Rogowski, Paul D`arcangelo, David Lambropoulos from Keilor, Lachlan Cross from Castlemaine and Trent Nicholson. Also very close with another Keilor player and a former Pacco goalkicker. Pretty happy with that for the moment but hope to add a few more next year.:thumbsu:
I dont think inserting three decent players the likes of Rogo, Darky and the guy from Pacco will make much of a difference to next season for you guys at all. The rest of your list is terrible all it will mean is that instead of 25 goal thrashings you will receive 20 goal drubbings and be out of pocket an average of $400 per player per week. As for paying Dave Rambo anything at all '' you idiots''.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merry Xmas to everyone and your families :D have a good one and a safe one ;)

And is it true that Jimmy Hollow signed at Marby but now wants to go back to Douttas??? Blastoff/anyone else can you shed some light on this please :)

Cheers WAXY

Re: Let them do what they like.....

Let me start off by saying that what ever Marby decide to do in regards to the amount of money being spent on buying players, is up to them. But in my personal opinion its laughable, how on earth you can justify a player worth 1k for a game a few odd thousand for a signing on fee (not to mention mobile phones) in local football is pure stupidity. I have no idea who this GA dude is but Christ almighty for a man who has all this money, lets hope when he eventually leaves the club whether it might be next year or 2 years down the track lets just hope you don't leave them in the sh*t. The league has a duty to get on to what is happening out there because marby are a totally different case to Greenvale and Strathmore, and i have no doubt even without looking at the books this club will be in the diabolical trouble when "Roman Abramovich" leaves the helm. If the league don't get involved in this they should personally all stand down find a corner in a room and put there hands on there heads for 10 decades. The league is being run by a bunch of peanuts.

On my second issue with joey laverde and jimmy hollow leaving doutta's i cant say im not dirty on them because i am. Considering Joey was the man who convinced me to come over to doutta's i am a little disappointed in his departure, not to mention he has allot of very good mates at douttas in which he has played with for most his footy life. Any how there great blokes so you cant hold grudges but my word i cant wait to play marby round one (First things first though im a fat prick still, so kilos must be shed).

OK fellas thats my say, its been a tough week at the office so i thought id let out some frustration this arvo. Merry xmas to all take care and smash some froffies over the break

Mr Controversy
Jimmy hollow wants to come back to douttas but his sign a contact for marby....he might not play this coming season at all.:thumbsu:

I dont think inserting three decent players the likes of Rogo, Darky and the guy from Pacco will make much of a difference to next season for you guys at all. The rest of your list is terrible all it will mean is that instead of 25 goal thrashings you will receive 20 goal drubbings and be out of pocket an average of $400 per player per week. As for paying Dave Rambo anything at all '' you idiots''.

Hey all,dont really write much on here.but always luv to have a look and see what the latest is in the grest comp that most of use play in.
ive read a few of your articles missing finals and it seems as if u have sumthing against KEILOR FOOTBALL CLUB or sum individuals from there.is it because the team u play for gets pumped by them every year or u just wished u had there jumper on,i dont know what the reason is but seems like sumone is obviously jealous because they cant play football.so the best thing they can do is bag sumone behind a computer screen.very very tough and courageous.merry christmas to everyone

Re: Let them do what they like.....

Mr Controversy
Mr Controversy; rumour has it that you too left your club KP.. The fact that laverde want's to leave and your not happy is hippocritical. You left a struggling club as laverde has; perhaps you should look in your own backyard before pointing the finger.

And if you think your a walk up start in the one's come April 19; then obviously Doutta's as reported is struggling and will be with your old club in B Grade come 2009. Perhaps you should worry about getting your body right, actually getting a kick and putting 2 games together in the seniors before commenting on laverde's decision.
Merry Xmas

Ok then big shot, maybe you could bless me with your expert opinion on how we can start to work our way up the ladder........Silly me thought that if we could recruit a few handy players, and add a few good u18 players we could hopefully make inroads on the comp. Where you get your $$$ figures from l dont know, but l can assure you that you are way off the mark. What the boys signed for is what they are worth to our club and both parties are pleased with the amount. Dont worry about Rambo, he will be fine:thumbsu:
l love the way you have a go at anyone and everyone Missing Finals and seeing as you are such a football expert, lm sure you wouldnt mind giving up your ldentity would you????????? Cant wait for you to tell us:D

Merry Xmas to everyone and your families :D have a good one and a safe one ;)

And is it true that Jimmy Hollow signed at Marby but now wants to go back to Douttas??? Blastoff/anyone else can you shed some light on this please :)

Cheers WAXY

Wax, your on the money again....good mail like your steaks...Hollow has handed back the sign-on cabbage and is on his bike back to the Stars....never the less, they'll just spend the $1k a week on someone else.....my monies on the Jets again for back to back.....a couple of handy pickups whilst sitting behind the Marby hoo ha....have a good NY Wax and keep the calipers on!!

Just posted on the EDFL Footy forum website

Keilor not looking too bad now.

Congratulation to Sydenham they have picked up a great forward in Rogo (50-60goals+) & Darccy is a quality player.... The $$$ thrown at these guys is amazing & I know pressure is also being put of Erin Hassan... Hopefully the club can continue to develop their own players at the same time....

Keilor Recruits thus far with a few more to come to add to the Back to Back Under 18 premiership squad

Daniel Sahlsberg Sunbury
Ryan Hurst Sunbury
Tim Moore Keilor Park
Adam Dalton Marby Park
David Opar Returning from study

Can also confirm Lee Picaone & Andrew Ball have committed for 08 both expected to take up Leadership Roles.....

Whilst the club has taken a hammering in the pre-season through a combination of

* Marby Park sponsor/coach set up & O.E.G departures
* B Grade Clubs chipping away at Quality 2's players with $$$ (I only hope they honour the arrangements)
* Players returning to their original clubs (ie Porter)

It is once again in a strong position to challenge for not only 2008 but create a long term sustainable future for 2009 & Beyond...

Mick McGuane is a fantastic operator & with the support of the club, supporters & playing group will help develop the group for many years to come....

Good luck to the Keilor players who have left, we will see you in a year or two back at your club......

Anyone got any mail on these guys?

Ok then big shot, maybe you could bless me with your expert opinion on how we can start to work our way up the ladder........Silly me thought that if we could recruit a few handy players, and add a few good u18 players we could hopefully make inroads on the comp. Where you get your $$$ figures from l dont know, but l can assure you that you are way off the mark. What the boys signed for is what they are worth to our club and both parties are pleased with the amount. Dont worry about Rambo, he will be fine:thumbsu:
l love the way you have a go at anyone and everyone Missing Finals and seeing as you are such a football expert, lm sure you wouldnt mind giving up your ldentity would you????????? Cant wait for you to tell us:D
Mate if you keep saying that these guys are talking there price up and you are not paying them close to what they say , Then tell them to stop gloating about how much they are going to get paid! . When building a good B Grade side you have to consider if these guys are going to get you into A Grade, At the end of pre season let me know what the commitment of these 3 guys is like . Get a book ready for alot of excuses

Mate if you keep saying that these guys are talking there price up and you are not paying them close to what they say , Then tell them to stop gloating about how much they are going to get paid! . When building a good B Grade side you have to consider if these guys are going to get you into A Grade, At the end of pre season let me know what the commitment of these 3 guys is like . Get a book ready for alot of excuses
Where did you come from Daisy??? The last thing on our mind at the moment is getting to A grade. Before we learn to run, we have to learn to walk. Great clubs like Tulla, AW and Pacco have had limited success in recent years and Sydenham cant even win more than a couple of games a year. l understand your point about players talking $$$ but all l said was that the $$$ figure was way over the top.
Look Daisy, if we can win 4-6 games in 2008 well then we are on the right track. Only time will tell if the boys are any good for us but lm confident they will be:thumbsu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions050607
Has Nick Grigg Signed at East Keilor cause I heard Keilor Were after him

hes a hack anyway

Not bad being a hack at 19 years of age, sorry Paul but I dont think he will be playing at Keilor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back