EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Justin Oppenlander (nilma darnum) upto next yr.. he was a handy player in a few yrs back hows he go these days

Just changing the subject for a minute guys........Happy to say the Sharks have succesfully locked away David Rogowski, Paul D`arcangelo, David Lambropoulos from Keilor, Lachlan Cross from Castlemaine and Trent Nicholson. Also very close with another Keilor player and a former Pacco goalkicker. Pretty happy with that for the moment but hope to add a few more next year.:thumbsu:

Agree with a lot of what you said but have to take exception to you throwing Marby into the same breath as SM and GV. Spending similar amounts of money does not yet qualify Marby as an A grade league leader. Let's just wait till they put some wins on the board and take it from there. SM and GV have proven their processes to be successful at an A grade level.
Let's just remember, Keilor Park and Tullamarine have also won B grade premierships in this decade!!;)

Yeah fair enough, but i wasn't throwing marbys name up as having the same amount of success as GV and SM, more about the fact that we've now got a bit of coin around the place

From time to time a club will bob up who surprises everyone with the cash they throw around to become successful. It will always happen. It is Marby's turn now. Sides like Strathmore and Greenvale have benifitted from recieving money from individuals and it has made their clubs stronger and become a brand within the community. Clubs that perform well attract more sponsors thus alleviating the need for just one or two to support the club (e.g Scar, GA). With the players Marby have secured, plus their current crop you can pretty much pencil them in for a finals berth if they can gel. The money in todays local football has nothing to do with the players, clubs pay what they want and what they are willing to pay. I have nothing to do with Marby. Not mates with a single bloke but gee this outfit looks okay. BACKS: Lekkas, Pilling, Piciaone
HB: Towner, Wichello, Broadbent
Centre: Tanner, Hoacher, Spike?
HF: Laverde, Scott, Grey
FF: Palmer, Fletcher, Butters
Rucks: Stafford, Bell, Hollow
I/C: Maddison, Daley, Wells, Crawford, Harry?,
Bailey,Ziros?, Zerafa?, Fraser,

I know i have missed a few. It is not Greenvale but getting there.

No chance in this world that Zerafa just gets a gig on the extended bench, would be there best midfielder along with Leigh Grey and Haocher.

Not a bad side though, would be on par with with Greenvale almost going by paper.

Just changing the subject for a minute guys........Happy to say the Sharks have succesfully locked away David Rogowski, Paul D`arcangelo, David Lambropoulos from Keilor, Lachlan Cross from Castlemaine and Trent Nicholson. Also very close with another Keilor player and a former Pacco goalkicker. Pretty happy with that for the moment but hope to add a few more next year.:thumbsu:

All walk up starts in the 1's at their previous clubs?

Im just a little bit confused about the meaning of '' conflict of interest '', and i was hoping Matty from the EDFL footy show could help me .
The footy show '''and i begrudgingly admit that i watch it before all you Marby hard done by supporters that have followed the club during its darkest days start bleting ''
The last time i spoke to any of the executive from the EDFL or watched the highly rating program i was under the impression ''our Matty'' was paid '' a fee ?'' for doing the program and the programs major sponsor thus being the EDFL , bless Priceys giving little heart .
Also the program is sponsored by small businesses that are run and owned by people involved at other clubs .
Should '' our [ you cant say anything nasty about Matty ] be seen to be using his contacts from the show to enable his club to start cold calling
players directly from other clubs [which he has said he would never do ]
Conflct of interest, maybe ?

Matty "Pill"ios is his own number one fan, GA is a rotund awful character but rich man and good luck to a club that has struggled for most of its existence but come good with cash. They may taste the success while it lasts and if it continues then only time will tell and if it goes and the players go, the club goes and folds... it is there one chance of buying success and as a club they will hope it continues, so good luck to them. Let's be honest, if either one of us won tattslotto, would we not all upgrade our car from a commodore to a Merc, Ferrari, BMW, etc? Of course you would...

Matty "Pill"ios is his own number one fan, GA is a rotund awful character but rich man and good luck to a club that has struggled for most of its existence but come good with cash. They may taste the success while it lasts and if it continues then only time will tell and if it goes and the players go, the club goes and folds... it is there one chance of buying success and as a club they will hope it continues, so good luck to them. Let's be honest, if either one of us won tattslotto, would we not all upgrade our car from a commodore to a Merc, Ferrari, BMW, etc? Of course you would...

yeah once the money is gone so are the players lets face it those guys are only there coz they are being paid so much...they will be at another club thats willing to pay them and marby will be back to the way it used to be. marby have worst facilities in edfl also should spend some money upgrading the rooms.

yeah once the money is gone so are the players lets face it those guys are only there coz they are being paid so much...they will be at another club thats willing to pay them and marby will be back to the way it used to be. marby have worst facilities in edfl also should spend some money upgrading the rooms.

give it a break would you kids.....Exhaddy i answered your question in the PM you sent me and you have completely ignored what i told you, so it doesn't really matter what we say and what the truth is a lot of people have already got their pre conceived ideas and aren't going to change them

give it a break would you kids.....Exhaddy i answered your question in the PM you sent me and you have completely ignored what i told you, so it doesn't really matter what we say and what the truth is a lot of people have already got their pre conceived ideas and aren't going to change them
im not disagreeing with you but the fact of the matter is those players are only there coz of the money...marby were rabble before the money and if it runs out it will be back to the old days.

Just posted on the EDFL Footy forum website

Keilor not looking too bad now.

Congratulation to Sydenham they have picked up a great forward in Rogo (50-60goals+) & Darccy is a quality player.... The $$$ thrown at these guys is amazing & I know pressure is also being put of Erin Hassan... Hopefully the club can continue to develop their own players at the same time....

Keilor Recruits thus far with a few more to come to add to the Back to Back Under 18 premiership squad

Daniel Sahlsberg Sunbury
Ryan Hurst Sunbury
Tim Moore Keilor Park
Adam Dalton Marby Park
David Opar Returning from study

Can also confirm Lee Picaone & Andrew Ball have committed for 08 both expected to take up Leadership Roles.....

Whilst the club has taken a hammering in the pre-season through a combination of

* Marby Park sponsor/coach set up & O.E.G departures
* B Grade Clubs chipping away at Quality 2's players with $$$ (I only hope they honour the arrangements)
* Players returning to their original clubs (ie Porter)

It is once again in a strong position to challenge for not only 2008 but create a long term sustainable future for 2009 & Beyond...

Mick McGuane is a fantastic operator & with the support of the club, supporters & playing group will help develop the group for many years to come....

Good luck to the Keilor players who have left, we will see you in a year or two back at your club......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor not looking too bad now.

Congratulation to Sydenham they have picked up a great forward in Rogo (50-60goals+) & Darccy is a quality player.... The $$$ thrown at these guys is amazing & I know pressure is also being put of Erin Hassan... Hopefully the club can continue to develop their own players at the same time....

Keilor Recruits thus far with a few more to come to add to the Back to Back Under 18 premiership squad

Daniel Sahlsberg Sunbury
Ryan Hurst Sunbury
Tim Moore Keilor Park
Adam Dalton Marby Park
David Opar Returning from study

Can also confirm Lee Picaone & Andrew Ball have committed for 08 both expected to take up Leadership Roles.....

Whilst the club has taken a hammering in the pre-season through a combination of

* Marby Park sponsor/coach set up & O.E.G departures
* B Grade Clubs chipping away at Quality 2's players with $$$ (I only hope they honour the arrangements)
* Players returning to their original clubs (ie Porter)

It is once again in a strong position to challenge for not only 2008 but create a long term sustainable future for 2009 & Beyond...

Mick McGuane is a fantastic operator & with the support of the club, supporters & playing group will help develop the group for many years to come....

Good luck to the Keilor players who have left, we will see you in a year or two back at your club......

Dont worry about about Sydenham Puffpuff, we pride ourselves on the developmet of our junior players as we have struggled to recruit in the past. What we offer these so called "quality 2`s players" is an opportunity to play senior footy where they can show their talent. As far as honourng our arrangements, we always have and will remain to do so, so l hope you are not infering that we dont. Players earn what they are worth to the relevant club so l dought very much that we are throwing extraordinary amounts at them, contrary to what players may tell their mates.

I can't believe some of the rubbish being spoken about how marby will fall into a heap once GA finishes up. With success will bring other sponsors on board (remember its a pretty well off area).

From what I saw this year, they have improved the car park and social rooms and if they continue to spend a portion of there money on facilities, equipment and there Junior program, then they are on the right track.

There aim must be that if the money does dry up, that they have the foundations in place to secure there future in A Grade.

It wasn't that long ago that any half decent junior players they had were snapped up pretty quickly by Abers and Douttas.

A fair bit of jealously out there. Good luck to them, they just offer the money, its the players that take it.:)

I can't believe some of the rubbish being spoken about how marby will fall into a heap once GA finishes up. With success will bring other sponsors on board (remember its a pretty well off area).

From what I saw this year, they have improved the car park and social rooms and if they continue to spend a portion of there money on facilities, equipment and there Junior program, then they are on the right track.

There aim must be that if the money does dry up, that they have the foundations in place to secure there future in A Grade.

It wasn't that long ago that any half decent junior players they had were snapped up pretty quickly by Abers and Douttas.

A fair bit of jealously out there. Good luck to them, they just offer the money, its the players that take it.:)
Not sure what your point is,....are you saying that Abers and Douttas actually enticed junior players away from Marby with cash offers ???? :confused:

All everyone does on this thread is sook about coin. Face the facts football is a money making business. The Clubs and Leagues who don't keep up or atleast compete with other clubs and leagues in player payments or providing services to players are going to fall behind.

As a new player to this competition all I read about is Keilor and big Micky M and Marby perhaps if anyone had some knowledge about the "moves" at other clubs it would make for some more interesting reading. Ecspecially second division in and outs which barely gets a mention.

Dont worry about about Sydenham Puffpuff, we pride ourselves on the developmet of our junior players as we have struggled to recruit in the past. What we offer these so called "quality 2`s players" is an opportunity to play senior footy where they can show their talent. As far as honourng our arrangements, we always have and will remain to do so, so l hope you are not infering that we dont. Players earn what they are worth to the relevant club so l dought very much that we are throwing extraordinary amounts at them, contrary to what players may tell their mates.

I didn't post it - as my first line said - it was posted on the EDFL Footy website - i just cut and pasted it.

quote]

Lies Lies Lies.....

Do you know what they're doing then?

On another note couple of handy signings this week at Clifton Park.

Has Justin Murphy signed at Marbi as has been rumoured given the fact Zantuck signed at Heildeberg and those two don't get along.

Hey guys, Craigieburn are flying this year.. Another massive signing, with big barry brooks on board for 08..
INs
Brooks
Jacobs
Wriggley
Howse
Piggot
Nugent
Saliba
Turner
Founa x2
Caddy?
NO outs!
All looks good for the eagles in 08..
Premiers 08????????????????????? Stay Tuned
thats not big barry brooks from St. Kilda is it?

Hey guys, Craigieburn are flying this year.. Another massive signing, with big barry brooks on board for 08..
INs
Brooks
Jacobs
Wriggley
Howse
Piggot
Nugent
Saliba
Turner
Founa x2
Caddy?
NO outs!
All looks good for the eagles in 08..
Premiers 08????????????????????? Stay Tuned

if that is saul caddy i heard if he left port colts it would be to return home to nth heidelberg, interesting to see what happens with that 1

are th 2 fonua's ake and tevita from hoppers crossing and west preston before that

cougarman -

Get off the site with ya shit calls; I seen saliba with abers and singed a 2 yr deal last year so no move with him; Same with Turner - on a two year deal so if he moves then a fair old shit bloke he would be after what abers have given him in the last few years

Spoke to saul caddy last night and already signed with nth heidelberg so move back to that hole ya come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back