EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does everyone start their practice matches and who are they playing ???

I heard Greenvale are playing Sandringham VFL / Geelong VFL and Carlton just to get their confidence up before round 1. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Look we have the Northern Roos coming to Mutton Reserve, can't say when, can't say how! But they have heard our facilities are better than Arden St and wanna get some ideas for their redevelopment and maybe learn a thing or two from Mocca and the boys.

The Jets would be top 3 in the EFL without a doubt.

They have an awesome list and fitness aside would win some games in the VFL.

Vermont and Noble Park would have to be on their best to beat them.

Bring on some inter league games caSUE THE standard of the EDFL has increased 500% in the past 5 years for the top end teams

The bottom rung teams would still hold their own but an Oak Park from 2003 would get beaten by the Greenvale 2008 side comfortably.
I saw all 3 teams last year and firmly belive greenvale would beat Vermont and Noble Park. I even think Heidelberg would go close to knocking them off.:thumbsu:

I saw all 3 teams last year and firmly belive greenvale would beat Vermont and Noble Park. I even think Heidelberg would go close to knocking them off.:thumbsu:

You guys are kidding yourself...Greenvale haven't even rolled out onto the park this year. Balwyn couldn't get near Vermont, NP and East Ringwood and their list included...... Alan Murray, Daniel Harford, Adam Morgan, Sam Cranage, Ben Heenan, Brett Moyle, Brett Rose, Marcus Baldwin, Matthew Kennedy and Nick Ries. All been on AFL lists and all can play.

Didn't even get near the top sides, I think everyones getting a little excited about all the cash that the EDFL are getting in and buying these has beens with empty pockets...Vermont and Noble Park do pay their players of course but they have strong Junior programs and a strong all over list and a committed playing group who have played with each other for many years....

You guys are kidding yourself...Greenvale haven't even rolled out onto the park this year. Balwyn couldn't get near Vermont, NP and East Ringwood and their list included...... Alan Murray, Daniel Harford, Adam Morgan, Sam Cranage, Ben Heenan, Brett Moyle, Brett Rose, Marcus Baldwin, Matthew Kennedy and Nick Ries. All been on AFL lists and all can play.

Didn't even get near the top sides, I think everyones getting a little excited about all the cash that the EDFL are getting in and buying these has beens with empty pockets...Vermont and Noble Park do pay their players of course but they have strong Junior programs and a strong all over list and a committed playing group who have played with each other for many years....

I think you would find Greenvales VFL listed players (there are probably around 10-15 senior VFL footballers) where actually as good if not better than the Balwyns at that level, couple that with the AFL listed footballers they have and the way the team plays and is coached then you may get an idea of how good of a side they are. Saw the EFL grand final last year and if it was my house on the line I would be taking Greenvale over Vermont/Noble Park or Balwyn, alot alot alot more quicker are the Jets than those 3.

In saying that it would be good to see a round robin series between the best teams from the 4 top Metro comps, I am positive the likes of Nth Heidelberg and Spotswood would have the ability to beat anyone of those sides at any given time, would still take the Jets though.

I think you would find Greenvales VFL listed players (there are probably around 10-15 senior VFL footballers) where actually as good if not better than the Balwyns at that level, couple that with the AFL listed footballers they have and the way the team plays and is coached then you may get an idea of how good of a side they are. Saw the EFL grand final last year and if it was my house on the line I would be taking Greenvale over Vermont/Noble Park or Balwyn, alot alot alot more quicker are the Jets than those 3.

In saying that it would be good to see a round robin series between the best teams from the 4 top Metro comps, I am positive the likes of Nth Heidelberg and Spotswood would have the ability to beat anyone of those sides at any given time, would still take the Jets though.

Fair call Tige, must be fair old outfit then... Its pretty hard to have a justified comment having not seen Greenvale play. From my experience GV, Murray FL and EFL, I have not seen a side like Vermont before......(As much as I hate the pricks)

Fair call Tige, must be fair old outfit then... Its pretty hard to have a justified comment having not seen Greenvale play. From my experience GV, Murray FL and EFL, I have not seen a side like Vermont before......(As much as I hate the pricks)

Wouldnt it be great at the end of the year to have all premiers and runners up play against each other at the MCG one night . Imagine , Vermont , Noble Park , Seymour ,Wang Magpies , Greenvale , Xavs and Hidleberg, there is 6 powerful clubs there. Would get a huge crowd , players would be keen to play against the best to do well for team and league . At the moment how can we sit here and say one team is better than the other , we are kidding ourselves. All those teams mentioned I have respect for , they have there clubs set up correctly , whether it be money , Juniors , recruiting , coaches or committe people ,they all from looking from afar have their clubs in a position that a lot of clubs could only dream of thumbsu:

Wouldnt it be great at the end of the year to have all premiers and runners up play against each other at the MCG one night . Imagine , Vermont , Noble Park , Seymour ,Wang Magpies , Greenvale , Xavs and Hidleberg, there is 6 powerful clubs there. Would get a huge crowd , players would be keen to play against the best to do well for team and league . At the moment how can we sit here and say one team is better than the other , we are kidding ourselves. All those teams mentioned I have respect for , they have there clubs set up correctly , whether it be money , Juniors , recruiting , coaches or committe people ,they all from looking from afar have their clubs in a position that a lot of clubs could only dream of thumbsu:

Quick copyright the idea....would be a belter of a tournament. Teams should put up an entry fee to go towards "some" costs, but the winner would take the majority!

Quick copyright the idea....would be a belter of a tournament. Teams should put up an entry fee to go towards "some" costs, but the winner would take the majority!

Probably showing my age here but this concept was tried about 15 years ago to find the best team but failed. From memory, it was to be like a pre-season comp with the GF winners from the previous year representing their league and setup in groups of 4 where the winners of each group played each other etc. to end up with the finalists. It was scrapped before it began due to lack of interest. It was setup by the State Govenrment (Miss Piggy Joan Kirner) and there was to be prizemoney.

Might be worth trying to get it up going again!

Good idea in theory but can't see it being embraced. If it is after the season then everyone just wants to get on the turps to celebrate and go on the footy trip rather than play more matches. If it's pre-season then you can't expect the players who bother to play to do justice to their true talents. Then there's the whole matter of match payments!

Look we have the Northern Roos coming to Mutton Reserve, can't say when, can't say how! But they have heard our facilities are better than Arden St and wanna get some ideas for their redevelopment and maybe learn a thing or two from Mocca and the boys.

The facilities at Mutton reserve are a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt it be great at the end of the year to have all premiers and runners up play against each other at the MCG one night . Imagine , Vermont , Noble Park , Seymour ,Wang Magpies , Greenvale , Xavs and Hidleberg, there is 6 powerful clubs there. dream of

You can add the likes of Port Colts, Strathmore, Spotswood etc to that group. I am pretty certain that Spotty and Colts would have pushed Strathmore for that 2nd spot had they have been in the EDFL.

Anyhow, its a good concept but will never work.

Strathmore would smash Colts and Spotty

Are you serious mate?? Strathmore struggled against Greenvales hardness, playing Colts you can times that by about 50 add the fact they are a very very very talented bunch. Your underestimating the top sides in the WRFL, Greenvale by far and away the best local side in the region but without any bias both Spotty and Colts could knock off Strathmore.

Are you serious mate?? Strathmore struggled against Greenvales hardness, playing Colts you can times that by about 50 add the fact they are a very very very talented bunch. Your underestimating the top sides in the WRFL, Greenvale by far and away the best local side in the region but without any bias both Spotty and Colts could knock off Strathmore.

Can you give me some of the stuff you're smoking. Never heard anything so laughable.

Mores 2006 premiership side would've beaten Colts side by 10 goals plus. 2007 side would've won comfortably

Can you give me some of the stuff you're smoking. Never heard anything so laughable.

Mores 2006 premiership side would've beaten Colts side by 10 goals plus. 2007 side would've won comfortably

Just remembering that strathmore side did have 3 formercolts players in it and when they left they were runners up....the reult would be alot closer than you think.
As for dmac caddy not getting a game ...you are not very smart when it comes to things about footy easily one of the best park footballers going around....wait til he is fit

Yes they did, which gives an indication of what they could have achieved in 2007 if not decimated by injuries but hey thats footy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back