EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
W.C. v Abers - West by 15 points in a tough encounter

Greenvale v Marbi - Greenvale by 63 points, too quick and skillful

Avondale v Keilor - Keilor by 45 points, class act keilor will be too good

Strathmore v Douttas - Strathmore by 48 points, Strathmore will get over Douttas easily

Be prepared he would want to be prepared at $5,000 sign on and $700 a game. Seen him play get into his ear and he is gone very soft

I've heard he's on $800 a game - laughable really but then the minimum payment is $600 so yeah $800 is faur.
Will GA pay out the $9,000 fine Marbi have copped from the EDFL for not fielding an U18's team. Bloody disgrace for an A Grade club to not have a team, coach resigned, players are a rabble - good growth for the senior team

shouldn't they league be doing everything to encourage junior footy?? Playing unregistered players is not on but the goal should be to get some sort of team out there. Yesterday was disappointing. Its a tough situation

Oaks are back :D:D:D

Funcky on fire with 8 goals
Rayza was good along wit Ras, Hatchy and Trewin. Brooks is overated even though he alomost won the game for the crazys in the third - craigeburn will get relegated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder at Rnd 9 Pts Result
Greenvale 36 4 ~ 0
Keilor 24 3 ~ 1
West Coburg 24 3 ~ 1
Craigeburn 20 3 ~ 1
Aberfeldie 20 2 ~ 2
Marbi Park 14 1 ~ 3
Strathmore 14 2 ~ 2
Avondale 12 0 ~ 4
Douttas 8 0 ~ 4
Oakers 8 2 ~ 2

I feel the ladder will look something like this after the next month

this will be close to what i said last wk trust me fellas i know my edfl

i think if you look at the history of marbi park. there juniors have been quite week. and havent realy ever been fielding strong teams. or a team full of mouths. can anyone confirm this history?

this is mainly the problem with the under 18 team.

the location of marbi doesnt help. with juniors wanting to play at stronger clubs like douttas and abers.

i think the edfl has to do something in general to help these struggling clubs and make the league more competing in the juniors which would promote players to play on.

Some hearts in the mouth stuff down at west coburg yesterday. 39 points up at three qtr time. They came hard and we just showed enough to get over the line. A very good win without R.Cole and Mckee, but the players who came in performed admirably. Lerm was very competitive in the ruck and Patty O was fantastic. Good work abers.

Big test against Marbi this week at clifton park. Should be good to watch these two battle it out. How does everyone think abers will go against Marbi? I urge everyone to get down there on sunday!!

i think if you look at the history of marbi park. there juniors have been quite week. and havent realy ever been fielding strong teams. or a team full of mouths. can anyone confirm this history?

the location of marbi doesnt help. with juniors wanting to play at stronger clubs like douttas and abers.

i think the edfl has to do something in general to help these struggling clubs and make the league more competing in the juniors which would promote players to play on.

I definitely agree junior football should be promoted! But calling douttas and abers 'stronger' is wrong. Abers came up from b-grade in 1995 and douttas 1998? They both have worked really hard to get where they are! MARBI PARK ARE NOT STRUGGLING, they have more money than any other club! They have chosen to invest in seniors! Their consistently spending 1000 a game on senior players so as far as im concerned they should be fined. How about getting decent club rooms or redeveloping the car park? Abers and douttas are stronger for good reason, their much better clubs. You should only help clubs who want to help themselves.

I believe the Marby senior side will be playing for NO PREMIERSHIP POINTS if they continue to fail to field an under 18 side. Can anyone confirm or deny? It would appear the league realize that fines won't mean much down there....:confused::eek:
Marby has fine to pay by this thursday of $11,000 for playing unregistered players in the twos and u18s,this is what happens with a club hell bent on revenge because two multis have more money than sense the EDFL knew this was coming hope they have the balls to flick these parasites for adding nothing to football at this level its a sham and a shame must be some embarassed heads at marshall rd.:thumbsdown:

Woolley Lamb,

Your comments are similar to other posters on this site, however we never get any worthwhile solutions or discussion.

So...any suggestions??

Marby are not the first club to have experienced problems with numbers at junior level and they will not be the last.

Listened to someone on SEN talking about Vermont's strength as a Club, said they seek out kids 14/15 that show a bit and openly draw the kids to Vermont FC. That way they build success from the early years as well as loyalty to the Club from early on. Who ever it was said thats what makes Vermont probably the best Local Club in Victoria.

Marby has fine to pay by this thursday of $11,000 for playing unregistered players in the twos and u18s,this is what happens with a club hell bent on revenge because two multis have more money than sense the EDFL knew this was coming hope they have the balls to flick these parasites for adding nothing to football at this level its a sham and a shame must be some embarassed heads at marshall rd.:thumbsdown:

Two points that continue to be spoken about -
1. changerooms - these are council owned buildings. Clubs can only work with what they have - but they should be at least be clean & uncluttered. Clubs should be lobbying their respective councils to get better facilities - this will not happen overnight. EDFL also needs to get involved by establishing a standard to work towards -size of rooms, number of showers & toilets etc etc. No point replacing or redeveloping if you don't have a standard. All clubs need to work to the same minimum standard at least.
2. Marby Park are new kids on the block, playing with the big boys. There are standards (must field 3 senior teams, all players to be registered with EDFL) which have been set for all clubs to adhere to, if they are not up to it send them back to B grade until they get their club in order. Too much time is spent talking about a club that has no culture & contributes nothing to the league.

i definitely agree junior football should be promoted! But calling douttas and abers 'stronger' is wrong. Abers came up from b-grade in 1995 and douttas 1998? They both have worked really hard to get where they are! Marbi park are not struggling, they have more money than any other club! They have chosen to invest in seniors! Their consistently spending 1000 a game on senior players so as far as im concerned they should be fined. How about getting decent club rooms or redeveloping the car park? Abers and douttas are stronger for good reason, their much better clubs. You should only help clubs who want to help themselves.

abers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back