EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After much difficulty, I've managed to get a hold of the 2008 Interleague squads..

2008 E.D.F.L. SENIOR INTERLEAGUE SQUAD INVITATIONS

“A Grade”

Aberfeldie – Shane Shepherd, Michael Egan

Very surprised to see those two there. Is this squad based on form or reputation. Abers have had plenty of good consistent players throughout this year. Matt Duggan And Mckee have been standouts yet neither are mentioned.

Prophetic, i think you were being a touch over the top if you thought peterson deserved to be there. He has played a couple of good games, saturday being the best of them. He doesnt deserve a spot ahead of duggs or mckee. If shep can make the side on his form now, wait till he starts to fire:eek:. Also, houli has been inconsistent and doesnt deserve a spot. Having said that though, how does a team sitting 2nd on the ladder with arguably the hardest draw so far have only 2 players in the rep squad. Team efforts if you ask me. You may be able to buy players but you cant buy camaraderie marby!!

After much difficulty, I've managed to get a hold of the 2008 Interleague squads..

“A Grade”

Avondale Heights – Leigh Owen, Rhodes Cousland

Craigieburn – Barry Brooks, Daniel Nolan, Brent Gordon

Doutta Stars – Kade Carey, James Philpott

Greenvale – Ramazan Pekes, Denis Bicer, Travis Jorgensen,
Rhys Bloomfield, Eric Kuret, Vin Randello, Anthony Aloi

Keilor – Michael James, Damian Zahra, Damian Houlihan, Ricky Marcy,
James Armstrong

Maribyrnong Park – Leigh Gray, Heath Ayres, Shannon Broadbent,
Mark Pilling, Joe Laverde

Oak Park – Frank Raso, Wayne Foster, Steve Vernon

Strathmore – Richard Little, Tim Harvey, Jordan Doering, Nick Mazzeo

West Coburg – Rabee Haouchar, Elver Destanovic

"B Grade"

Airport West – Leigh Fishendon, Mark McBride, Rick McVeigh,
Scott McAllister

East Keilor – Cameron Munro, Reuben Smith, Kyle Ewart, Nick Grigg

Glenroy – Dan Campbell, Michael Salt, Adam Sayers

Hadfield – Yousef Taleb, Matthew Baker

Jacana – Justin Mall

Keilor Park – Evan Gulbis

Moonee Valley – Matt Thomas, Aaron McCutchison

Northern Saints – Ashley Mills, Adrian Luvara

Pascoe Vale – Michael Mannix, Steve Gamble, Matthew Perry

Roxburgh Park – Matthew Patane

Sydenham Hillside – Jarrod Catania

Taylors Lakes – Patrick Wiggins, Mark De Sousa, Mark Allen,
Mark Anderson

Tullamarine – Jason Harmes, Justin Marcy, Colin Laurie, Drew Hynninen,
Tom Robinson

Westmeadows – Nathan Ohlsen, Andrew McLean, Rode Aldridge, Tim Okines

Some interesting selections...

___ me, who picks these teams or squads!

Some of these players are shocking. I know coaches put some there players names up but really this a joke.
I think its a great idea that edfl have these games but lets get real and play the players that deserve to be there.
So l ask who are the selectors for this. I can't wait to hear who they are!

___ me, who picks these teams or squads!

Some of these players are shocking. I know coaches put some there players names up but really this a joke.
I think its a great idea that edfl have these games but lets get real and play the players that deserve to be there.
So l ask who are the selectors for this. I can't wait to hear who they are!

Newsflash, would you have a clue who half these players are that you have highlighted????? Its easy to sit back and question you have no clue yourself you halfwit.

Newsflash, would you have a clue who half these players are that you have highlighted????? Its easy to sit back and question you have no clue yourself you halfwit.

Yes l do, l have seen them all play.

I can also sit back and judge players and what they can bring to the table or should l say footy field. Just footballers in my eyes, you must be one of them.
People like myself are entitled to have an opinion.

As far as I know some clubs nominated their players.

Then there clubs must have high opinions of these players or should l say some of these players are blowing the coaches behind the club rooms after dark!
I could go through every player etc, what is the use! Some of these players are going on what they have done in there past years and some are going on what they have never done in there career.

Who are the selectors and who has the final call l ask?

Very surprised to see those two there. Is this squad based on form or reputation. Abers have had plenty of good consistent players throughout this year. Matt Duggan And Mckee have been standouts yet neither are mentioned.

Prophetic, i think you were being a touch over the top if you thought peterson deserved to be there. He has played a couple of good games, saturday being the best of them. He doesnt deserve a spot ahead of duggs or mckee. If shep can make the side on his form now, wait till he starts to fire:eek:. Also, houli has been inconsistent and doesnt deserve a spot. Having said that though, how does a team sitting 2nd on the ladder with arguably the hardest draw so far have only 2 players in the rep squad. Team efforts if you ask me. You may be able to buy players but you cant buy camaraderie marby!!

Now Seriously !!!!!

camaraderie

Are you serious, are you suggesting the Abers team are all local boys, team of buddies, been together forever to form the wonderful thing called camaraderie !!!

Half of you arrived 10 minutes ago, all of those for a fee, yes not as much as marby or others are paying, but not one for free,

If as you say you play for this camaraderie

Throw this one up at training tomorrow night, why dont you and the rest of the team play for free for the rest of the season, for the sake of camaraderie

Bet I know what the answer will be :thumbsdown:

Dont kid yourself, sure camaraderie can be built, but in footy these days it is cash that starts the ball rolling.

Ask any of your recruits, they might not be on much but if the brainstrust had said cant pay you but we will give you the chance to have some camaraderie, they would not be a two blue !!!

Then there clubs must have high opinions of these players or should l say some of these players are blowing the coaches behind the club rooms after dark!
I could go through every player etc, what is the use! Some of these players are going on what they have done in there past years and some are going on what they have never done in there career.

Apparently, the EDFL sent 2 officials around to the first couple of rounds to watch teams and picked who they thought were the best players they saw on the day!
The Coach of the side has the final say and can add players as he wishes..

Now Seriously !!!!!

camaraderie

Are you serious, are you suggesting the Abers team are all local boys, team of buddies, been together forever to form the wonderful thing called camaraderie !!!

Half of you arrived 10 minutes ago, all of those for a fee, yes not as much as marby or others are paying, but not one for free,

Throw this one up at training tomorrow night, why dont you and the rest of the team play for free for the rest of the season, for the sake of camaraderie

Dont kid yourself, sure camaraderie can be built, but in footy these days it is cash that starts the ball rolling.

Ask any of your recruits, they might not be on much but if the brainstrust had said cant pay you but we will give you the chance to have some camaraderie, they would not be a two blue !!!

Fair spray there.

Atleast they have an under 18's side and club rooms you can be proud of.
The best thing about that other side on the river is the new car park, mind you, you have to get there at 10.30 to get a car spot. What a joke that is.

Apparently, the EDFL sent 2 officials around to the first couple of rounds to watch teams and picked who they thought were the best players they saw on the day!

Finally someone knows what is going on here.

The EDFL officals? Some of these players should be lucky they are even getting a go at training. The edfl wanted to get serious about this, they should of had 5 or 6 selectors.

I definitely agree junior football should be promoted! But calling douttas and abers 'stronger' is wrong. Abers came up from b-grade in 1995 and douttas 1998? They both have worked really hard to get where they are! MARBI PARK ARE NOT STRUGGLING, they have more money than any other club! They have chosen to invest in seniors! Their consistently spending 1000 a game on senior players so as far as im concerned they should be fined. How about getting decent club rooms or redeveloping the car park? Abers and douttas are stronger for good reason, their much better clubs. You should only help clubs who want to help themselves.
It was only 10 years ago that doutta Stars had one team ONLY in al Juniors Grades from Under 10's through to Under 16's. They now have in the vicinity of 12 junior sides built up through hard work and a COMMITTED JUNIOR CLUB that looked after their kids.

Finally someone knows what is going on here.

The EDFL officals? Some of these players should be lucky they are even getting a go at training. The edfl wanted to get serious about this, they should of had 5 or 6 selectors.

Newsflash, you must be someone that missed out!!!! I doubt very much that you would know half those players but continue on in your own little world and worry about stuff that is insignificant to you or many others.....

maybe you might get a gig next time, heres hoping.

Listened to someone on SEN talking about Vermont's strength as a Club, said they seek out kids 14/15 that show a bit and openly draw the kids to Vermont FC. That way they build success from the early years as well as loyalty to the Club from early on. Who ever it was said thats what makes Vermont probably the best Local Club in Victoria.

It was Daniel Harford who coaches Balwyn. They have been doing it for years at Vermont.

Keilor have also been doing the same thing for years sourcing kids from areas like East Keilor, Taylors Lakes & Kealba to strengthen their junior ranks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“A Grade”

James Armstrong

"B Grade"

Scott McAllister

Jacana – Justin Mall

Mark Anderson

Tom Robinson

I thought Dylan Kane would of been a certainty for the B Grade Squad!

Now Seriously !!!!!

camaraderie

camaraderie (plural camaraderies)
  1. Close friendship in a group of friends or teammates.
Now that we have a definition. These boys have been together for a couple of years now, they are finally starting to play like a team. When i watch them i realise that they would work and fight for their teammates. The coach used it in his post match speech against oak park.

I agree that money has brought them together, but that doesnt mean they have to play as a team. I must admit that things may have changed down at marby in the last 3-4 weeks but when i watched them they didnt look like a team to me.

Im guessing camaraderie down at marby flies out the window with morals,ethics and u/18's players!!

Now Seriously !!!!!

camaraderie

Totally agree Abers have a truckload of new players. But definitely didnt go out and buy a new 22 like Marby. Most of the blokes at Abers got jobs through the footy club and thats why they are down there.

Just on the rep side for A grade. Have heard that it was heavily chosen by Super himself. Apparently he has had something to do with most of the players in his coaching time. Always going to be arguments with a rep squad but would have thought the 2 best in comp from last year may have got a look in? Dale May and Aaron Ramsay. Could have picked just about any 7 players from Greenvale.

Totally agree Abers have a truckload of new players. But definitely didnt go out and buy a new 22 like Marby. Most of the blokes at Abers got jobs through the footy club and thats why they are down there.

I think you blokes are missing the point a bit. The difference between Marby and Aberfeldie is not how much coin the 22 blokes on the field in the ones are being paid or how long they have been at the club. The major difference is seen in the junior setups, the crowds at the games, the blokes in the rooms after training or a match.

When I go down to Abers at least 80% of the under 18s are still there to support the ones, Marby don't even have an unders 18s.

Marby aren't really a club at the moment, the are the Glen Allison All Stars with some glory hunters down to see the spectcle and then the real Marby people.

I feel sorry for the real Marby people because when GA and his Dads money walks (and inevitable it will) what will that be left with? A string of fines, no juniors and no better off than they were five years ago, which was boardering on extinction.

Contrast that with Aberfeldie, who could lose all of the blokes there who are being paid (through money generated by the club rather than a benefactor), get relegated and still have three junior teams in every age group. Aberfeldie is a club built on the shoulders of the community and its supporters, with everyone contributing. Remove one, remove ten, remove one hundread of these people and Aberfeldie will be in a pretty similar position, there are plenty down there to step into the breach (not to under value the great job down by those down there at the moment). Thats what a club should be.

Remove GA from Marby and they will plummet like a stone. Thats not a club, that one bloke trying to prove to everyone else thats his penis is not as small as we all know it is.

Well i guess the second part of the quote must be right as Philpot didnt play the first few games.

And for what its worth which probably isnt much :)from the players i can see in the rep squad all are pretty good players,i dont know much about the b grade players though so carnt really comment there but yeah the a grade ones look pretty good.

Just on the rep side for A grade. Have heard that it was heavily chosen by Super himself. Apparently he has had something to do with most of the players in his coaching time. Always going to be arguments with a rep squad but would have thought the 2 best in comp from last year may have got a look in? Dale May and Aaron Ramsay. Could have picked just about any 7 players from Greenvale.

Im pretty sure that Dale and Ramma won b&f in comp the year before.06 ;)

Yes l do, l have seen them all play.

I can also sit back and judge players and what they can bring to the table or should l say footy field. Just footballers in my eyes, you must be one of them.
People like myself are entitled to have an opinion.

Who are you then NewsFlash? You must be an awesome talent. There's some pretty handy players you have highlighted but surely you must be better.

I don't think I've seen Damian Zahra have more than 3 goals kicked on him in a game in over 10 years of senior footy. Mikka James would sit on your head and Houlihan has played AFL. You must be a Brownlow Medallist.

“A Grade”

James Armstrong

"B Grade"

Scott McAllister

Jacana – Justin Mall

Mark Anderson

Tom Robinson

another candidate would be the Valleys Leigh Sporle, new to the EDFL this year.

What about Pappa (Airport West)? Best small forward in the competition.. did he not want to be a part of the Interleague side? If an omission, then you surely have to question the selectors!

I would agree Wiz about Pappa he is one of the better players in A or B grade,there are also other players that could of gotten in especially from Greenvale and Strathmore but as i mentiond before i think the names in A Grade are pretty good and a great side could be made from the list ;)

THE DREBSTER

Anyone got ideas for possible match ups for Interleague game..?

Shane Harvey (Nth Heidelberg) - Ex Kangaroos/Essendon small forward - 51 goals from 7 games.. bags of 13 and 11.

Justin Murphy (Heidelberg) - Ex Richmond/Carlton/Essendon midfielder.

Mark McGough (Montmorency) - Ex Collingwood/St.Kilda ball magnet.

and finally..

Lance "Big Red" Whitnall (Lalor) - Ex Carlton.. do we have anyone in the EDFL with the ability to go head-to-head with the big fella..? What about in a dim sim eating comp after the game?

Anyone got ideas for possible match ups for Interleague game..?

Shane Harvey (Nth Heidelberg) - Ex Kangaroos/Essendon small forward - 51 goals from 7 games.. bags of 13 and 11.

Justin Murphy (Heidelberg) - Ex Richmond/Carlton/Essendon midfielder.

Mark McGough (Montmorency) - Ex Collingwood/St.Kilda ball magnet.

and finally..

Lance "Big Red" Whitnall (Lalor) - Ex Carlton.. do we have anyone in the EDFL with the ability to go head-to-head with the big fella..? What about in a dim sim eating comp after the game?

The real question is, Who is going to beat Richie cole in a dim sim eating contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back