EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, you really have no idea do you ???

Yeh so what WC beat Marby with a team if misfits and big hearted *******s. But look back through the results. The team with the best playing group will normally win most games.

Yeh given the playing group coming into Marby this year Matty might stuggle. But if they win the flag and continue to be a force in the league, I am sure he will get the accolades he deserves in helping create history.

You obviously have not played is a side that has some imported quality. Brings so much to the groupand the club.

Yeh, it might be hard to hold the stars in years to come, but if they can, it will make it so much easier to keep the new guys coming in through the door.

Then as interest prevails, crowds increase, bar sales go up, sponship roles in, suddenly the rooms are upgraded, the juniors have a stack of cash and things are looking good.

Yeh it's a risk but it needs to start somewhere.

And as I said before at least Pilios has the balls to have a crack.

Any tosser can sit back and criticise, safer that way and no danger you might fail hey soft nut.

JAMA said:

Yeh so what WC beat Marby with a team if misfits and big hearted *******s. But look back through the results. The team with the best playing group will normally win most games.

Yeh given the playing group coming into Marby this year Matty might stuggle. But if they win the flag and continue to be a force in the league, I am sure he will get the accolades he deserves in helping create history.

You obviously have not played is a side that has some imported quality. Brings so much to the groupand the club.

Yeh, it might be hard to hold the stars in years to come, but if they can, it will make it so much easier to keep the new guys coming in through the door.

Then as interest prevails, crowds increase, bar sales go up, sponship roles in, suddenly the rooms are upgraded, the juniors have a stack of cash and things are looking good.

Yeh it's a risk but it needs to start somewhere.

And as I said before at least Pilios has the balls to have a crack.

Any tosser can sit back and criticise, safer that way and no danger you might fail hey soft nut.

Jama you have some great points and l agree with some of them, the players that have come to the club are there for one reason, the money? It may be a short team fix but clubs like marby need an long team fix!! Do you agree? If you think for one second having murphy come to the club is great you need your head read, he walked out on a club that he signed at and do you really think he wont do the same to marby....?
You have to be kidding yourself if you think that he might just walk out before the season starts on marby for a better deal!

rioli brownlow said:
when did you retire? warwick capper?

Mr Brownlow man, l have been retired for 8 years. Played in many leagues and not for money either. l played footy for the love of the game.:)

Listen a.. hole, it was a typo. Sorry for breathing. Just readind some of the comments you have made in the past and you prove time and time again that you are the biggest TOOL on this site. For the record my other team was Roxi in the finals:eek:

HARDNUT1 said:
Good to see we have something in common brownlow!:thumbsu:

rumor has it all oak park young guns are deciding to stay, outside of strathmore, might be one of the harder teams to beat, anyone heard

JAMA said:

JAMA I tend to stay out of all these pathetic arguments but there is no need to label West Coburg as a team of big hearted *******s. Show some respect mate! :thumbsu:

so if you have played this many games with Douttas you would have nearly played in the b grade ship team or did you come after them

coreybrown said:
Can confirm spike will remian at OAKERS

Mate i hope that isnt the case. Last I heard was that Spike and Choco were returning the West. Think I will have to chase that one up! :eek:

caveman said:
Mate i hope that isnt the case. Last I heard was that Spike and Choco were returning the West. Think I will have to chase that one up! :eek:

its true, they love the enthusiam of the kids and want to stay at oak park. sorry to confirm the bad news

ryan occonnor another signing to marby, every1 put there offers in soon, the cash is running out. oops, sorry they play there to play with there mates, how dare i forget

caveman said:
JAMA I tend to stay out of all these pathetic arguments but there is no need to label West Coburg as a team of big hearted *******s. Show some respect mate! :thumbsu:

I must say with due respect to the edfl it is sad to see all the money being thrown around. Money does not grow on trees and this is why cricket competitions are struggling because there is no money in cricket but for 2 hours of footy you can get mega bucks. Businesses go broke and when clubs are paying out 100k on player payments and the revenue is not generated. In this day and age the gap between the top and bottom is ridiculous and you have kids comming out of TAC Cup who ask for $400 bucks a game and have never played against men. The love of the jumper and growing up learning the history of it made it special. Clubs get 3-4 recruits for big money (A,James and his brother at Douttas) when for his sort of money you can get 5-8 good players that can play with juniors comming through. I just hope clubs dont hit the wall in the next couple of years and end up struggling near the bottom of the ladder when the dollars dry up.

Love the comp and hope it doesnt happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

son06 said:
ryan occonnor another signing to marby, every1 put there offers in soon, the cash is running out. oops, sorry they play there to play with there mates, how dare i forget

R u for real that Rhino has signed up ( I mean going down for the love of it ).

Travvy43 said:
Can anyone provide any information on Peter Corredig who played at Strathmore, is this bloke a senior player.

Beleive he is ont he move to Yarraville in the WRFL, what position will he play, etc??

He's only 19 and about 196cm.

thewookie said:
I must say with due respect to the edfl it is sad to see all the money being thrown around. Money does not grow on trees and this is why cricket competitions are struggling because there is no money in cricket but for 2 hours of footy you can get mega bucks. Businesses go broke and when clubs are paying out 100k on player payments and the revenue is not generated. In this day and age the gap between the top and bottom is ridiculous and you have kids comming out of TAC Cup who ask for $400 bucks a game and have never played against men. The love of the jumper and growing up learning the history of it made it special. Clubs get 3-4 recruits for big money (A,James and his brother at Douttas) when for his sort of money you can get 5-8 good players that can play with juniors comming through. I just hope clubs dont hit the wall in the next couple of years and end up struggling near the bottom of the ladder when the dollars dry up.

Love the comp and hope it doesnt happen

I agree with you, I hate think what would happen at Marby when Glenn Allison moves on and I don't want to hear crap, expecially from Matty Pillios about the players down are playing for next to nothin because it is BS.

BLUEBOY1 said:
I agree with you, I hate think what would happen at Marby when Glenn Allison moves on and I don't want to hear crap, expecially from Matty Pillios about the players down are playing for next to nothin because it is BS.

time will tell, I hate to see the club go back like it was in 2001

coreybrown said:
Can confirm spike will remian at OAKERS

Once again i was right, how dare matty pillios and caveman doubt my reporting ability especially after matty apparently got it straight from the horses mouth.Cliffy only deals in fact not rumours like most.
stay tuned for my next big scoop.

there a few of you on this thread that need to clean up your act does anyone else agree and that there should be a suggestion put in the suggestion forum thread

son06 said:

Who is ryan occonnor, and where did he used to play?

UltimateFreq said:
Who is ryan occonnor, and where did he used to play?

Ryan O'Conner is Ruckman/Forward who played for Essendon, Sydney also played in the SANFL and i think he played VFL (Apart from when he was playing for Sydney and they were attached to Port Melbourne)

Cheers

Gday guys. Just got back from training and can confirm that spike and choco are at west. Sydenham have also picked up 6 20-23 year olds and they are big boys from A grade clubs. They might surprise a few. :thumbsu:

Heartbreak Kid said:
Gday guys. Just got back from training and can confirm that spike and choco are at west. Sydenham have also picked up 6 20-23 year olds and they are big boys from A grade clubs. They might surprise a few. :thumbsu:

A grade reserves players i've heard

kangas_babe said:
there a few of you on this thread that need to clean up your act does anyone else agree and that there should be a suggestion put in the suggestion forum thread

how about this kangas babe...i suggest that if you don't like what is being said go elsewhere!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back