EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie_dude said:
Not a bad effort matty.
- Tait would struggle to make the side. He is not in greenvales top 3 midfielders.
- Cam Trewin is a massive cat, and i have not seen him play a good game, but similar to you, know people that have seen him play cracking games.
- Rick Marcy no way.
- Brendon Heir, dont be fooled, this guy is not good.
- What about players like Gluschekco, Tortora and Maggorie. All must have been close.
- The only certainty that you missed was hassell. People actually have to watch him play, his man never touches the ball. Just because he doesn't run up field and get 35 switch kicks like long, doesnt mean he isn't good. Rambo and Munro? (that small foward from East, that everyone thinks is good) still have nightmares of ZERO possession games.
- Id rather Knight than tankard on the bench as the foward line is already pretty handy.
- Also there are 2 other players that you have missed, but i dont think you know they are playing edfl football yet.

Aussie Dude,

Some good points, but some ordinary ones as well.

Ricky Marcy is a terrific player. The Marcy - Fraser combination is one of the best on ball brigades in the comp.

Maggiore very stiff, agree with your views on Cam Trewin and Brendan Hier, both very, very overated footballers! Particularly Trewin

Munro isn't the small forward (might be thinking of Caruso, Bonnici etc) Munro is a great defender.

Also, apart from Joey, any KP players also worth mentioning for a rep side?

sloth6 said:
Aussie Dude,

Some good points, but some ordinary ones as well.

Ricky Marcy is a terrific player. The Marcy - Fraser combination is one of the best on ball brigades in the comp.

Maggiore very stiff, agree with your views on Cam Trewin and Brendan Hier, both very, very overated footballers! Particularly Trewin

Munro isn't the small forward (might be thinking of Caruso, Bonnici etc) Munro is a great defender.

Also, apart from Joey, any KP players also worth mentioning for a rep side?

I just dont rate Marcy that highly, however i rate frasier extremely high. When playing keilor frasier is a must tag player, or has been for the last 7 years.

Brown from KP is a terrific player, old but a magnet. when i did my edfl a grade 2005 side he was on the bench.

Aussie Dude,
Not bad mate, u have a right to your own opinion.
But some comments!!!! like East small forward who are u reffering to???Munro doesnt play forward mate...

Hard Ball Get said:
I agree with Mace and the other one I would not include is Big Jack Scott. Played all my juniors against him and now seniors and is just an honset player. Has improved but not to the point where I would include him in the team.
Great job otherwise.

Yeah i agree with the Jack Scott comments, has improved. But not dangerous enough to be CHF. Thought he would battle for a game at Marby with Garbutt and others arriving

JAMA said:
Not bad Ears,

No one has included Adam Szwadiak from Douttas as yet, can play both ends, mainly at CHB,

Any thoughts on whether he is good enough ??

Gun player had abit of a fall out with pagan thats why he lefted had a few clubs from WRFL chasing him and didnt want to play against St Albans so choose Douttas cause of Kolyniuk.

Matthew Pillios said:
When Mangan is on song he is good. Where has he gone???

believe he has gone to hadfield, thats what some people from there have told me. cant be definite though, dont really speak to the guy

8485 said:
Small nos at Abers yesterday due to 3 day training camp at Portarlington. Mangan will be at Abers. Where do these other rumours start? He was at Portarlington and even trained again last night. Only confirmed major losses are Woodsie (Donvale), Simon Cox (Nth Adelaide) and JD (knee reco) but hopeful of playing sometime in 2nd half of season. His old man is coaching the 2s. Plenty of gains as mentioned earlier in some of the replies.

Everyone seems to be a bit harsh on Mango came straight out of 18's to a key forward in seniors, seems to be targeted everyweek. That forward line of stars might get a bit cold this year, who is gunna feed them the ball. They pick up any midfielders

son06 said:
believe he has gone to hadfield, thats what some people from there have told me. cant be definite though, dont really speak to the guy

One can only hope he is gone from A Grade!

PT3001 said:
Gun player had abit of a fall out with pagan thats why he lefted had a few clubs from WRFL chasing him and didnt want to play against St Albans so choose Douttas cause of Kolyniuk.

Believe he almost went to Pascoe Vale, with Ezard.

Would have been another gun in B Grade !!!!

son06 said:
Read my lips! Will not move from Abers!! Only his mate Delaney has gone to Hadfield. Has been offered big money to go there though by big Ash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Pillios said:
Here are my REP teams if we were to play another league again. Again, you can read the above criteria's. Its the Best of the Best.
I have put time into this so others can debate in a positive manner and no abuse my choices in any personal manner.

I am more than happy to respond to questions. It has been extremely tough and many good players have missed out.
A GRADE;
B- John TATE , Ben GOGGINS , Richard LITTLE
HB- Steve PAXMAN , Mark BUDGE , Cam TREWIN
C- Lee FRASER , Joey MISITI , Micheal O'BRIAN
HF- Tim HARVEY , Adam WINTER , Luke WILLIAMS
F- Anthony ALOI , Simon.M/CONNELL , Shaun SMITH
R- Miles QUINN , Leigh OWEN , Rick MARCY

INT- Grant HOLMAN, Sam TANKARD, Paul BARNARD, Paul HUDSON
Brendon HEIR, John LINDSEY, Anth IBRAHIM, Shane SHEPPARD

B GRADE;
B- Sam TAYLOR , Dean CHAKLEY , Colin LAURIE
HB- Paul GREEHMAN , Athos HYROUSOLAKIS , Micheal MARTIN
C- Mark DEAGHAN , Justin MURPHY , Mace GREEN
HF- Dave WESTON , Ty ZANTUCK , Nathan ZERAFA
F- Ash FLAVEL , Adam DALTON , Marcus PAPPA
R- Andrew GARBUTT , Rabee HAOUCHER , Robert POWELL

INT- Marcus BARCLAY, Peter ZOUZOUNIS, Allen NASH, Ben DOLLMAN,
Liam TURNER, John BELL, Age LUVARA, Sam VASSILOPOULIS

(Did not include Leigh O'NEILL - Westy or Trav MICKLEWAITE- W.C as there is too much uncertainty whether they have both left Oakers, etc.

COACHES - Craig Hille and Peter Zouzounis. Plane and simply the most successful in 2005 from both Divisions.

Look forward to others. All I can say is HOW GOOD IS THE EDFL TRAVELLING!!!!
you have done well matty but to now make things harder pick an interleague side from both divisions

Allears said:
Here are my A and B Grade Rep teams, people have different opinions on different players, feel free to voice your opinion but please remember it is hard...!!!

A Grade Rep Team:

FB: J.Tate D.Zarah R.Little

HB: T.Gluschenko S.Sheppard S.Kretiuk

C: L.Fraser J.Misiti L.Williams

HB: T.Harvey A.Winter M.O'Brian

FF: A.Aloi S.M/Connell T.Paterson

R: M.Quinn S.Paxman G.Holman

INTER: S.Tankard, J.Lindsey, S.Long,
M.Budge, P.Barnard, C.Munro

COACH: Crag Hille

B Grade Rep Team:

FB: C.Laurie D.Cadwick A.Luvara

HB: M.Martin T.Zantuck B.Dollman

C: N.Zerafa J.Murphy M.Deagan

HF: L.Turner J.Scott D.Weston

FF: R.Powell A.Gough B.Abdul-wahed

R: A.Garbutt R.Haoucher A.Nash

INTER: M.Green, J.Bell, C.Bakker, R.Cudmore

A.Vassilopoulis, M.Barclay

COACH: Peter Zouzounis
JUST REMEMBER IT IS HARD!!

dont know bout the half backline in the a grade side.
shane sheppard hasnt had a kick at centre half back at oak park in 5 years, was going so bad there they had no choice but to play him forward or in the midfield for small rotations. would know an opposition player if one fell in his lap.
i thought kretiuk would dominate edfl footy when i heard he was playing there, but age has taken its toll for sure, his very smart but the body wont help him out. if were going on his afl playing days, then thats fine, but on what he did last year you couldnt have him.
more than happy with glushencko, doesnt get much praise from anyone else unfortunately

JAMA said:
Not bad Ears,

No one has included Adam Szwadiak from Douttas as yet, can play both ends, mainly at CHB,

Any thoughts on whether he is good enough ??

Yeah he would be a good inclusion but you want the best of the best in my opinion. Yes he is a very good player, there were many good players that did miss out at one stage l had 10 on the bench....its very hard.

8485 said:
Read my lips! Will not move from Abers!! Only his mate Delaney has gone to Hadfield. Has been offered big money to go there though by big Ash.

calm down buddy, only said what hadfield people told me. like i said, never said it was good mail, said couldnt be definite. glad you know the truth. and now so do we.

son06 said:
shane sheppard hasnt had a kick at centre half back at oak park in 5 years, was going so bad there they had no choice but to play him forward or in the midfield for small rotations. would know an opposition player if one fell in his lap.
i thought kretiuk would dominate edfl footy when i heard he was playing there, but age has taken its toll for sure, his very smart but the body wont help him out. if were going on his afl playing days, then thats fine, but on what he did last year you couldnt have him.
more than happy with glushencko, doesnt get much praise from anyone else unfortunately

Richard Little should be Centre Half Back without question!

The forward pocket would be Flavell. It's funny watching him sook all the time.

Budge is clearly the best defender in the comp. Did have a barry crocker in the Granny though.

son06 said:

Considering he was in TAC cup team of the year at CHB and all Australian that year in under 18's he can still play in that position, some people do do there homework!

lets do it said:
Not bad mate pretty much the same as matty's which i thought was really good...
But u couldnt even put in pappa or flavel which are both quallity A grade players????:confused:

Good effort by Allyears. I have to agree though that Pappa and Flavel are both needed. Still it is a good side.
Flavel is just class and might only get 7 kicks, but 4 or 5 will be goals.
Pappa can be a gun roving F.Pocket AND change straight to a rover.

Jack Scott has improved DRAMATICALLY. The kid grew some confidence and a younger mate I am proud of him. Took 26 marks in 2 finals matches against the other 2 best in the finals series.

If anything I must admit Mace may be lucky to be ahead of Dollman & others on bench, BUT he is a Gun Wingman and that's the only spot you
need him.
Knight again may be better allrounder than Sam Tankard, but Sammy can kicks goals and off the bench that is handy.
Hassel was the other stiff one I should of maybe included.

How good is the comp going!!!

Jett said:
The forward pocket would be Flavell. It's funny watching him sook all the time.

Budge is clearly the best defender in the comp. Did have a barry crocker in the Granny though.

Flavel was stiff to miss, watching him play he is very soft remember, B

Grade f ooty is different to A grade. You also want players that can play

in other position, he is one that can only play forward!

Allears said:
Considering he was in TAC cup team of the year at CHB and all Australian that year in under 18's he can still play in that position, some people do do there homework!

thats right, he come down with glandular fever, missed first half of the year, still made the side on previous efforts and graham polak(now playing with freo) took about 20 grabs on him at chf and kicked 5 or 6. and hasnt played a good game in that position since be4 then. ask him if he wants to play in that position too, would turn you down straight away. mark budge or richard little, and would even have steve vernon there be4 shane shepard

Matthew Pillios said:
Good effort by Allyears. I have to agree though that Pappa and Flavel are both needed. Still it is a good side.
Flavel is just class and might only get 7 kicks, but 4 or 5 will be goals.
Pappa can be a gun roving F.Pocket AND change straight to a rover.

Jack Scott has improved DRAMATICALLY. The kid grew some confidence and a younger mate I am proud of him. Took 26 marks in 2 finals matches against the other 2 best in the finals series.

If anything I must admit Mace may be lucky to be ahead of Dollman & others on bench, BUT he is a Gun Wingman and that's the only spot you
need him.
Knight again may be better allrounder than Sam Tankard, but Sammy can kicks goals and off the bench that is handy.
Hassel was the other stiff one I should of maybe included.

How good is the comp going!!!

Thanks matty, people forget how hard it is to pick aside,

Flavel missed because he can really only play one position, if he is closely

tag and doesnt get a kick where can you put him?

Jack Scott well the boy can play played well in the finals last year and

marked everything that come his way, can move him to the ruck for a

spell. In my team l looked for players that can play in many positions and

rolls.

Hot off the press Westmeadows has sacked Lee Oneill for non apperance at training . Rumour is there going to spend the cash elsewhere on a couple of players from coburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back