EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beasley(Strathmore) to Spotswood there already leaving, and i heard they really struggled to feild a resevers side on the weekend. How does that happen when you get 14 walk up starts to your preimership side, shouldnt you have plenty in reserve??????. And when you win dont people want to stick around to win another one? Wheres the 18's i loved to get asked to play reserves when i was playing 18's, the writing was on the wall.

EDFL MAN what do you think is happening at this great club?

WRFLfan said:
Beasley(Strathmore) to Spotswood there already leaving, and i heard they really struggled to feild a resevers side on the weekend. How does that happen when you get 14 walk up starts to your preimership side, shouldnt you have plenty in reserve??????. And when you win dont people want to stick around to win another one? Wheres the 18's i loved to get asked to play reserves when i was playing 18's, the writing was on the wall.

14 Walk up starts? In the great tradition of Bigfooty - made that one up I think. Reserves had full list on Sat. so made that up as well. Beasley was actually part of that team. Was he one of the walk up starts? Plenty of 18's have filled in in Reserves so far this year but were not required on the w/end. Your concern for the Mores is touching but I wouldn't worry too much.

blue_bhoy said:
He plays flank in 18's.

He is a good player with probably the longest kick in the comp. (18s that is)
Totally agree with that. Is he still liking his torpedoes? I know I did when I played. He practised them many a time down at juniors training and thats probably why hes so good at them now.

Barts said:
Nick James will be a very good forward if he wants to. Karl Staudt is hard at it and will be a handy in and under. Fielding would be a good winger IMO but not sure what possie he plays now, Contessa could be a utility to fill gaps and Toniolo has good pace and would be a good midfielder if he works hard. Id say if they are all committed they will be valuable members to any side they play for. Andrew Horne obviously is the one you want to keep hold of but seeing what happened to his brother, who knows. Other Cannons players that might come back are also worth chasing after to keep. Ive never really understood Hille's reasons for getting rid of many of last years 18s, as they are all quality footballers. Dont have much info on the bottom age players. Took an interest in U18 football last year but not much this year.

Ashley Arrowsmith would be his name. Playing CHF/FF kicking a few goals. 190cm mark and moves well. DiMartino is a quality junior ruck and as Keilor usually does, will get him back if he doesent get drafted. Dont know any juniors playing for Oak Park, but Jack Pascu is going to be a fair player. Greenvale are in a similiar position to Strathmore with a strong 1s team, so the juniors filter through to the reserves. If they dont make the grade they move. Many players in their 18s this year are good players, but play for enjoyment and have missed seasons before out of no interest.

one of the best junior players at the minute is Josh Kassis (17 yr old) playing U/18s and then backing it up again in seniors. (and also playing Wednesdays for st bernards college.
Against Keilor park he played full game Ruck Rover and was clearly best and got votes.
His Debut game last year against strathmore Round 14 or 15 he got 1 umpire vote in a 10 goal loss and went head to head on Grant Holman(nutter) last quarter and they both got 9 possies last quarter.

the only other junior player worth looking at that could play caldor would be a coupld of the above strathmore boys - and jack pascu.

the standard of EDFL U18s this year is pittiful from the past 3 years!

leeroy, which of the strathmore boys do you think fit the mould at the cannons? i ask because of the 5 names mentioned, i believe all 5 would be capable of playing week in week out for the cannons.

TonyCampbell06 said:
the only other junior player worth looking at that could play caldor would be a coupld of the above strathmore boys - and jack pascu.

leeroy, which of the strathmore boys do you think fit the mould at the cannons? i ask because of the 5 names mentioned, i believe all 5 would be capable of playing week in week out for the cannons.
staudt is too old for cannons. he is playing under the U18 and a half rule.

WRFLfan said:

WRFL fan, l think there world may be falling apart around them as we speak in my opinion! :eek:
To go out and buy 8 to 12 news players this year is a joke.....there's nothing better than winning a flag with home grown players and hard work in my opinion!

Money can not buy happiness at the end of the day as everyone would know and to myself it's clear cut what Hillie will do in the end......take off and run! :cool:

TonyCampbell06 said:

Tony you talk about players that didn't make the cannons list until the cows come home son, bottom line they didn't. :cool:
Out of a possible 80 to 110 blokes that would have trained during preseason with the cannons, l think about 40 will be selected!
Tough... yes indeed, but at the end of the day they weren't good enough in there eyes!
My opinion prove them wrong and play good footy! :thumbsu:

EDFL MAN said:
Tony you talk about players that didn't make the cannons list until the cows come home son, bottom line they didn't. :cool:
Out of a possible 80 to 110 blokes that would have trained during preseason with the cannons, l think about 40 will be selected!
Tough... yes indeed, but at the end of the day they weren't good enough in there eyes!
My opinion prove them wrong and play good footy! :thumbsu:

Couldnt agree more. Best way a talented 16- 18 year old can get his confidence up is to go back to his local club and get a kick in his senior side against quality players. Then he goes back with a renewed confidence that he can find the footy against more experienced and somewhat harder opponents, and it is only a benifit to his career down the track. Its amazing what those kids can learn from running around with the blokes they grew up idolising.

Giveyathemail said:
Couldnt agree more. Best way a talented 16- 18 year old can get his confidence up is to go back to his local club and get a kick in his senior side against quality players. Then he goes back with a renewed confidence that he can find the footy against more experienced and somewhat harder opponents, and it is only a benifit to his career down the track. Its amazing what those kids can learn from running around with the blokes they grew up idolising.

Are those Kassis brothers related to that FLEA of an umpire Feddie "Can't Punt" Kassis?

Barts said:
there are a few. bar strathmore(already done)... i think these blokes go pretty well personally.
Douttas - Pearson, Hart, French, Christie
Greenvale - Provenzano, Nankervis, Thompson
Aberfeldie - Jacobs, Suarez, Robertson(if he plays)
Oak park - Crosswell, Anderson
Cantelmi and Tancredi from B grade should be on the Jets list.

I dont really know anyone from Keilor as I havent seen them this year, but there would be a fair few.

Maybe an EDFL rep side mate but you have to remember the Cannons Zone incorporates most Riddell clubs, a few Ballarat and Bendigo clubs, and even a Heathcote league club. I think you'll also find some of the more successful Cannons players and drafted players come from the country section of their zone. Mate i don't hear anyone else whinging so please, tell ya mates to go to the jets as refugees like Ben Harries and David Caridi done about a decade ago.:D

bomber44 said:
Aberfeldie are in a unique position I think. Seem to have spent a fair amount of $$ to put together their team tho not in the vicinity with SMore or GV and they're really not looking like acheiving much other than keeping heads above water. Any thoughts on that topic in general, I think that's the key to long term success such as Keilor has had, finding the balance b/w $$, juniors and the clubs long term security....

Agree with Keilor will always have the respect and admiration of most in the league due to their system. I think Aberfeldie have a similar system in place though with looking after their kids - i don't think they've spent a heap this year. Sheppard & Minton-Connell perhaps exceptions but who are the other big names on big bucks? I think Avondale are the ones that are heading down the same creek as Strathmore if not worse - no U18's team is unacceptable, what home grown players do they have in their senior's? They are heading back to their glory days of the late 90's. Couldn't win a flag after spending heaps and they all left - result B Grade. Although i think they are an A Grade club - good people, good ground - they just need some kids. If Crazyburn can recruit next year they will be a force in 2-3 yrs. KP are the side that must go down - worst ground in the comp.

Macca29 said:
Are those Kassis brothers related to that FLEA of an umpire Feddie "Can't Punt" Kassis?

Macca29, it sounds like Freddie never gave any votes son........:eek:

Who are these Kassis brothers......:confused: Leeroy20 sounds like he is in love with them! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bigblackalsation said:
Maybe an EDFL rep side mate but you have to remember the Cannons Zone incorporates most Riddell clubs, a few Ballarat and Bendigo clubs, and even a Heathcote league club. I think you'll also find some of the more successful Cannons players and drafted players come from the country section of their zone. Mate i don't hear anyone else whinging so please, tell ya mates to go to the jets as refugees like Ben Harries and David Caridi done about a decade ago.:D

Big, couldn't of put it any better! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Matt Power went to the jets went the cannons delisted/didn't play him!

EDFL MAN said:
Paying players mega bucks over the last couple years and then blokes f u cking off when the coin drys up...shame, shame, shame!
Those blokes/players know who they are.....l will ask this question tho, how do you get to sleep at night? :confused:
get to sleep very easy as it pays the bills that gets me by in life and do a bit extra like travel around the world during the off season.:D

LOBSTER said:
get to sleep very easy as it pays the bills that gets me by in life and do a bit extra like travel around the world during the off season.:D

Lobster you are a FLOG.

You probably have never played a game in your life ya scab.

S H I T MAN

EDFL MAN said:

Who are these Kassis brothers......:confused: Leeroy20 sounds like he is in love with them! :p

two blokes who play for EK not much chop imo the younger one is better though ( prob 17 and 19), in fairness to leeroy20 they are playing for EK so any players who can sorta play would be guns down there at the moment:p

Greenvale V Avondale - Absolute Cracker this week. I will be heading to Canning to see this. Heard AH were impressive last week and will be on a high.
Midfield will be a cracker although Avondale will miss Owen who is apparently out injured. Big strong bodies for both up forward but i think Greenvale will win this one in the middle if Owen is out. Anyone shed some light if Owen is out injured - can play the boy.

LOBSTER said:

Lobster the funny thing is you can only flog clubs for coin for a certain amount of time son, 10 years max in my opinion! Then what happens from there....do you turn to selling drugs etc.....! :eek:
You sound like you have a Good life and good mates champ! :p

A free tip champ, work hard and rewards will come! :D

bigblackalsation said:

Ahh bigblackalsation, someone asked who are good players in the EDFL A grade U18s. I never said if any should be playing cannons, i fully understand the regions other things about them. So please, dont go telling me what to do when you dont know what im talking about:thumbsu: :) I stated the 2 players at jets because there are many from the jets who think they arnt there, esp. cantelmi becuase he isnt a 'big name'. If you have seen that kid play, he is a class act.
I once went down to try out in the lower age groups when i could play a bit and after 1 session i knew i wasnt going back because there are so many good players coming from the region.

EDFL MAN said:
WRFL fan, l think there world may be falling apart around them as we speak in my opinion! :eek:
To go out and buy 8 to 12 news players this year is a joke.....there's nothing better than winning a flag with home grown players and hard work in my opinion!

Money can not buy happiness at the end of the day as everyone would know and to myself it's clear cut what Hillie will do in the end......take off and run! :cool:

Not true again. M.Carroll (return to country), B.Sayer (retired), S.McKeon(NSW), J.Stevenson(Yarrawonga), C.Runnalls(Yarrawonga), J.Bell(Marby), A.Maggoire(Overseas) all not playing this year for one reason or another. So the Mores come out a couple in front on last years list. You can't rest on your past. The aim should be to improve your list each year.
What happened to the 14 walk up starts? Gone back to "8 to 12" think you were getting a little excited there.

TonyCampbell06 said:

Jamsey would be titted 7-8 times a game in the cannons and would finish with 5-6 every week.

Tonners is up and down.

Testies needs to grow some – but good size about him

Then after that theres mainly a few inconsistent players.

OrangeCutter said:
two blokes who play for EK not much chop imo the younger one is better though ( prob 17 and 19), in fairness to leeroy20 they are playing for EK so any players who can sorta play would be guns down there at the moment:p

Hahaha in love hardly… just know a bit about them that’s all.

Upset of the round his week……………….. EK to beat Oakers!!!!

Leeroy20 said:
Jamsey would be titted 7-8 times a game in the cannons and would finish with 5-6 every week.

Tonners is up and down.

Testies needs to grow some – but good size about him

Then after that theres mainly a few inconsistent players.

leeroy, have you played against these blokes? is contessa's nickname 'testies'?

EDFL MAN said:

hahaha im just a hack running around in EK seniors!

Looks like me and freddy have the same problem...! GO GREEN MACHINE! KO in the 7th round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back