EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh season to begin but if but what they also told us was if level 4 water restrictions come in no water on grounds that looks likely in may and clubs will be booted of grounds so we could start and then what stop yes thats right thats what will hapen

So we're 'Officially' starting on the 21st and 28th of April.......

A Grade start - 21/4/07 Round 2. Round 1 to be played Queens Birthday weekend.
B Grade start - 28/4/07 Round 3. Round 1 to be played Queens Birthday weekend.
Juniors - All Divisions start 6 May.

Some grounds will be closed and therefore some swapping of games.

Decision pretty much made based on ground availablity as determined by councils. Not much anyone can do unless they have a big watering can.

Decision pretty much made based on ground availablity as determined by councils. Not much anyone can do unless they have a big watering can.

Cheers for the info NR :thumbsu: :)

So will "B" grade be playing an extra game to make up for round 2 or just shorten their season by a week?

What the hell will one week do?? This is rediculous!

Yeah same mob mate, also throw in a little Sunbury Premiership player from 2002 and we are shaping up ok. I dont know about depth though but our top 15 would be as good as 90% of local footy sides.

Unfortunately 9 times out of ten it is the bottom seven in a side which makes or breaks a team

What the hell will one week do?? This is rediculous!

Agree Bomber, are they expecting a f**cking tsunami in those two weeks the grounds are going too pretty much stay the same no matter what happens and if we do get a little rain most grounds are going to become ice skating rinks (especially the grounds with turf wickets) because it will just sit on top.
This will cause more injuries than planning on dry grounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately 9 times out of ten it is the bottom seven in a side which makes or breaks a team

Yeah your spot on mate, I cant comment enough on the bottom 7-10 players within the senior group I can only pass judgement on the blokes I know more of, as I suppose the more senior players introduce them selves and you talk to more.

I think Strathmore may be playing the Balwyn side that is choc full of AFL listed players, can anyone confirm the place and date of this game, would be a highlight of the Pre-Season for most of us.

Yeah your spot on mate, I cant comment enough on the bottom 7-10 players within the senior group I can only pass judgement on the blokes I know more of, as I suppose the more senior players introduce them selves and you talk to more.

I think Strathmore may be playing the Balwyn side that is choc full of AFL listed players, can anyone confirm the place and date of this game, would be a highlight of the Pre-Season for most of us.

balwyn and strathmore game is on 31st of march at balwyn
not wrong about former afl listed players harford,moyle,murray,cranage,ries,morgan and baldwin just to name a few and possibly 2 more big big signings to come !
should be a very interesting contest

balwyn and strathmore game is on 31st of march at balwyn
not wrong about former afl listed players harford,moyle,murray,cranage,ries,morgan and baldwin just to name a few and possibly 2 more big big signings to come !
should be a very interesting contest

You would think both teams would be wrapping their big name players up in cotton wool.
If there are all these concerns about the grounds you want won't your big guns going hell for leather in a scratch match. Especially if sign on fees have been given.
I would almost gaurentee most big names in both sides will only make a cameo if they play at all.

Apw played ek in a praccy last night 2 seperate 3 15 min qtr games unsure how undermanned ek where in the first game but got beaten by 50points.
Also Micheal Cassinedes played for apw but apparently unsure where he is playing this yr

with the new season schedule now given, that means round 1 queens birhtday weekend will see a couple of flag contenders strathmore and greenvale clash. should be a mighty clash with hopefully both teams fit and firing compared to being scratchy at week one of the season. maybe edfl could organise a sunday/monday game for them as a blockbuster for the round. any suggestions, beats watching the magpies and demons

with the new season schedule now given, that means round 1 queens birhtday weekend will see a couple of flag contenders strathmore and greenvale clash. should be a mighty clash with hopefully both teams fit and firing compared to being scratchy at week one of the season. maybe edfl could organise a sunday/monday game for them as a blockbuster for the round. any suggestions, beats watching the magpies and demons

My information is that draw will start as normal 1 week late. So round 1 will be the first game played not on Queens Birthday weekend. Otherwise you will be playing the same side twice in 2 weeks.

My information is that draw will start as normal 1 week late. So round 1 will be the first game played not on Queens Birthday weekend. Otherwise you will be playing the same side twice in 2 weeks.

a nice civilised response, and an extremely good point too. very rare on this forum. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back