EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waxy...

You seem to know a fair bit about the stars. How is their recruiting going? Who have they picked up? Can they get back to there form of 2006 and be a general finals contender again?

Interested to know from anyone else who knows anything also

Cheers
Douttas are playing their cards close to their chest i think.I think Sam tankard could be moving on but.

guys was just after some info on ex moonee valley player johnny mcnamara.
our club is currently in talks with him for a playing/coaching role so any info opinions would be great
cheers:thumbsu:

depends on the comp, second divi would still be very handy. big john stud, keep your girls away.

Douttas are playing their cards close to their chest i think.I think Sam tankard could be moving on but.

Sam on the move general?, wouldn't play against douttas would he, so B grade i don't think so, wouldn't degrade himself in that level would be his words but $$$$ talks, maybe to money park and have the douttas games off due to work could be the go. News to many i would say, didn't he sign up a few weeks ago. Does the signature mean anything?, contracts can always be broken but what does the club losing the player get from the other, a slab or two. If sam has gone then so are the once almighty stars unless the coach pulls a miracle out of his you know what. NOT B GRADE AGAIN VERY TOUGH TO GET OUT. HELP PLAYERS NEEDED.

So is that official Laverde to Marby? I heard he was also talking to Tullamarine his old junior club along with younger brother.
I know for a fact that Laverde was in with the 3 Keilor boys to go bush , they spoke to one club for sure in the North Central league ( not Boort ) I have never spoken to him personally but i know that if the 3 guys at Marby (from Keilor) went bush Laverde was going with them. I hope he stays at Douttas and rejects Marbys dollars if they are on offer , can somebody remember the speech Dean Wallis gave to the Bombers after 2001 season about "not being a millionaire but having a million memories"

Great to see Mighty Mick McGuane coaching at Keilor next year , A real plus for the heirarchy at Keilor they were under pressure to produce and probably exceeded expectations ,The club seems to be really going places and have put some steps in place to sustain the pressure on the top two sides , while there is a huge gap between the top two and the rest you can only try to bridge the gap bit by bit, The club has expressed interest in fielding 2 under 18 sides next year to cope with the amount of juniors coming through which can only be good for the club. Something is going right down there at the moment, lets hope it flows through on the field

To those who think a contract means nothing you are wrong. Once a player signs he plays at that club or not at all, unless the club agrees to let him go. In most circumstances the only reason a clearance will be knocked back these days is if the player is under contract, owes money or is under suspension. If these players have signed at Marby they will play there unless Marby decides otherwise.

When do most clubs start back training - next week for most?

It'd be interesting to know who turns up to first few sessions in the way of recruits.

Most of the talk so far is about Marbi - been very quiet on the Jets and Mores front.

Saad Saad set to stay at Seymour and not much more been said about the Frankie Rasso collection destined for Oak Park.

Luke Howard of to Douttas?

I know for a fact that Laverde was in with the 3 Keilor boys to go bush , they spoke to one club for sure in the North Central league ( not Boort ) I have never spoken to him personally but i know that if the 3 guys at Marby (from Keilor) went bush Laverde was going with them. I hope he stays at Douttas and rejects Marbys dollars if they are on offer , can somebody remember the speech Dean Wallis gave to the Bombers after 2001 season about "not being a millionaire but having a million memories"
Correct. But now that they have signed at Marby Park he is set to sign there today, or so my source tells me. The signing of Rabee Hachour was an incentive for him as well I'm told.

To those who think a contract means nothing you are wrong. Once a player signs he plays at that club or not at all, unless the club agrees to let him go. In most circumstances the only reason a clearance will be knocked back these days is if the player is under contract, owes money or is under suspension. If these players have signed at Marby they will play there unless Marby decides otherwise.

What do you mean if he is under suspension? If a players suspension continues on over to next year he can't be cleared?

Heard there is some fair discussion at AFL Victoria about combining the following leagues - NFL, EDFL, RDFL & WRFL.
Is this old news or is it in the pipeworks?

What do you mean if he is under suspension? If a players suspension continues on over to next year he can't be cleared?

There is no such thing as a clearance within metro footy & some country leagues - we now operate under the Player Transfer System which effectively means that unless a player is contracted, owes money, has club property he cannot TRANSFER to another club. By the way all contracts have an annual expiry date of 31/10. Contracts can be one two or three years. I think the EDFL have some ruling that restricts the number of players that each club can have contracted for two or three years no sure what that is.
A player that is under suspension & is out of contract can sign another contract but must complete his suspension before the transfer as far as the leagues are concerned can be actioned.

I would like to see a footy club contract tested at court because there would be that many loop holes to get you out of it that it wouldn't be funny. Most contracts wouldn't exceed 1-2 pages. There's a reason that a professional sporting contract requires sollicitors to compile and are 10's of pages long.....

If a player wants out of a local footy contract they can get out. eg stating that the circumstances at the club have changed since the sigining of the contract or the player 'feels' misled by the board etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see a footy club contract tested at court because there would be that many loop holes to get you out of it that it wouldn't be funny. Most contracts wouldn't exceed 1-2 pages. There's a reason that a professional sporting contract requires sollicitors to compile and are 10's of pages long.....

If a player wants out of a local footy contract they can get out. eg stating that the circumstances at the club have changed since the sigining of the contract or the player 'feels' misled by the board etc etc

Looking on the football victoria website it seems I am wrong. Apparently contracts only become valid when a player is registered to the club. So a player can opt out before being transferred but not after.

As for legality of contracts traditionally courts have been loathe to overturn these types of things, once they start doing so everybody with a small grievance will be banging on their doors and local sporting comps wouldn't be economically able to continue when fronted with the bills.
Also all contracts are based on a standard football victoria contract so imagine they would have gotten advice on these.

Looking on the football victoria website it seems I am wrong. Apparently contracts only become valid when a player is registered to the club. So a player can opt out before being transferred but not after.

As for legality of contracts traditionally courts have been loathe to overturn these types of things, once they start doing so everybody with a small grievance will be banging on their doors and local sporting comps wouldn't be economically able to continue when fronted with the bills.
Also all contracts are based on a standard football victoria contract so imagine they would have gotten advice on these.

Agree that it would be highly doubtful that a contract dispute of this nature would make it to court...... Just a point of discussion.:thumbsu: As for the Football Victoria contract, odes that refer to $$$$$???? Or just standard agreement to play?:confused:

Agree that it would be highly doubtful that a contract dispute of this nature would make it to court...... Just a point of discussion.:thumbsu: As for the Football Victoria contract, odes that refer to $$$$$???? Or just standard agreement to play?:confused:

It's like the will kit of contracts.

Correct. But now that they have signed at Marby Park he is set to sign there today, or so my source tells me. The signing of Rabee Hachour was an incentive for him as well I'm told.

Still dont think he's a dead set certainty at marby. Levede's not a $$$ hungry guy. His old man's an ex premiership player at Tullamarine and with his brother moving back there, they could be a big chance to get him.

Still dont think he's a dead set certainty at marby. Levede's not a $$$ hungry guy. His old man's an ex premiership player at Tullamarine and with his brother moving back there, they could be a big chance to get him.

good luck to you if tulla get the levedes but they wont be playing in the same team so why would his brother have anything to do with it?

So which A and B grade clubs are yet to announce a coach?

The Northern Saints have a Coach, former Coburg VFL footballer Matthew "Mocca" O'Conner is Senior Playing Coach. Naz Gualano who has previously coached Moomba Park (3 flags)and Fawkner Park Reserves for two years and former President of Fawkner Park juniors for three years is our reserves coach. He also is coming back to Mutton Reserve after the last couple of years coaching under 16's at Greenvale.

Does anyone have any updates on club recruits for next year.

So far not much news on other clubs apart from Marbi - who have done extremly well so far.

Ins
Rabee
Whicello
Broadbent
Towner
Butters
Laverde

All super players and well advanced than most would have thought.

Outs
Few retirees from the older brigade
Karavis

Not much coming out of Douttas and in particular Strathmore who going on earlier reports had stitched up Rabee.

Heard Guy Chisnall (ex Port Colts) been meeting with Douttas.

Will Tommy Davidson play or too busy on the catwalk these days?

Craigeburn done well to get a few handy signartures early.

Any news on the Heights, West or Oakers?

McGuane is huige news for Keilor and will be super - apart from Callander their coach has normally always had a connection with the club.

So far not much news on other clubs apart from Marbi - who have done extremly well so far.

Ins
Rabee
Whicello
Broadbent
Towner
Butters
Laverde

Outs
Karavis

Not much coming out of Douttas and in particular Strathmore who going on earlier reports had stitched up Rabee.

McGuane is huige news for Keilor and will be super - apart from Callander their coach has normally always had a connection with the club.
Hickman was not affiliated to Keilor before being appointed coach

good luck to you if tulla get the levedes but they wont be playing in the same team so why would his brother have anything to do with it?

why wouldnt the laverdes be playing together? Jamie has loads of ability and from what ive heard fitter than hes ever been before. That would be plenty of reason for joey to sign at tulla

Ins
Rabee
Whicello
Broadbent
Towner
Butters
Laverde

Outs
Karavis

Is he the fella who's in the meat export game and has played up at Yarrawonga or somewhere like that? Was on a good quid at Port Colts I hear

Is he the fella who's in the meat export game and has played up at Yarrawonga or somewhere like that? Was on a good quid at Port Colts I hear

Yes that is Guy Chisnell. Trained at Strathmore a few years ago as he was mates with Alen Nash, would be surprised if Strathmore weren't having a crack at him also. Does anyone know where Nashy is going to play in season 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back