EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Bongetti appointed non playing coach in 2023 so his last game Saturday, Glenroy defenders will need eyes in the back of their heads
Haha. Glenroy don’t mind a bit of physical stuff usually so will be interesting. If he gets reported and suspended he can’t coach on the ground so not sure EK would tolerate any bad behaviour. But interesting comment Gremlin.

Your reasons of EK suffered massively second half of season due to injuries to key position players that could not be replaced.

Coletta- played 12 games, has played the last 4
Stewart - played 14 games, played the last 4
Hill - played 17 games, played the last 4
Bongetti- played 14 games, played 3 of the last 4
Shaw- played 17 games, played every game
Rayner played 12 games - played 3 of the last 4
Smith - played 14 games played 2 of the last 4

Who are the key position players that have missed the second half of the year???

Also recruited WILD who arrived in June

Lets get this straight show me messages of me complaining about injuries besides the PV and Starthmore game, however never once did I Use injuries as an excuse that we Lost the game besides the PV game.

You missed a few by the way.
Van der byl played 12, Marc lock played 13, Dale Marshall played 10 to add a few more. Wild missed key games too like PV.

Your the one claiming ek’s second half of the season was a disaster mate, but let’s be honest no one would of expected us to win 3 of the 5 losses we had in keilor, Starthmore and Abbers.

Marby- no excuses, that was an upset it happens.

PV - had no coach or assistant coach or captain grabowski due to covid. No Rayner, no colleta, no wild. That’s just from the top of my head. Can’t replace key position players like Rayner, Colleta and bongo mate your whole structure is shot. This was probably the most important game.. ek win this they are still in finals contention. I would of put money we win this with the above ins. How do you replace those key position players and your whole coaching staff mate?

Starthmore - irrelevant you expected us to loose, not that this would of mattered because at full strength they are too good. But we had no bench by end of the first quarter and played 3rd and 4th quarter with 17 players due to 5 going down. Like I said too good no excuses still lost by less then PV did mate. If we had 22 for the full game result would of been the same, just wouldn’t of lost by as much.

Abbers - irrelevant you expected us to loose.

Keilor - irrelevant as you expected us to loose, had a massive crack and if they kick straight they potentially win that game by 3/4 time.

So what was so disastrous about it ? We lost key players for key games that cost . Only game we were expected to win with our fielded team was Marby, that was an upset.

Far from disastrous mate. Save your time replying I cbf arguing with you over what ifs because the seasons done for us now probably won’t be as active here till next season, enjoy the peace and quiet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Lets get this straight show me messages of me complaining about injuries besides the PV and Starthmore game, however never once did I Use injuries as an excuse that we Lost the game besides the PV game.

Van der byl played 12, Marc lock played 13, Dale Marshall played 10 to add a few more. Wild missed key games too like PV.

Your the one claiming ek’s second half of the season was a disaster mate, but let’s be honest no one would of expected us to win 3 of the 5 losses we had in keilor, Starthmore and Abbers.

PV - had no coach or assistant coach or captain grabowski due to covid. No Rayner, no colleta, no wild. That’s just from the top of my head. Can’t replace key position players like Rayner, Colleta and bongo mate your whole structure is shot. This was probably the most important game.. ek win this they are still in finals contention. I would of put money we win this with the above ins. How do you replace those key position players and your whole coaching staff mate?

Starthmore - irrelevant you expected us to loose, not that this would of mattered because at full strength they are too good. But we had no bench by end of the first quarter and played 3rd and 4th quarter with 17 players due to 5 going down. Like I said too good no excuses still lost by less then PV did mate. If we had 22 for the full game result would of been the same, just wouldn’t of lost by as much.

Keilor - irrelevant as you expected us to loose, had a massive crack and if they kick straight they potentially win that game by 3/4 time.

So what was so disastrous about it ? We lost key players for key games that cost . Only game we were expected to win with our fielded team was Marby, that was an upset.

Far from disastrous mate. Save your time replying I cbf arguing with you over what ifs because the seasons done for us now probably won’t be as active here till next season, enjoy the peace and quiet

Bash all clubs have players out every week so no point going on & on about your outs when you lose. Just accept it that the other side was better.
Saying you kick straight and the game is over at 3/4 time vs Keilor. Well you don’t know premier footy well or Keilors ability to fight back. Just a silly comment tbh.

Bash all clubs have players out every week so no point going on & on about your outs when you lose. Just accept it that the other side was better.
Saying you kick straight and the game is over at 3/4 time vs Keilor. Well you don’t know premier footy well or Keilors ability to fight back. Just a silly comment tbh.

Of course they do, I didn’t bring this up.
I just mentioned I was proud of the club and happy with where they finished for their first year. Someone said I blamed injuries for every loss and our second half was a disgrace mate, both comments untrue.

But it’s ok for strathmore to have injuries and people mention them non stop and blame them for their first half of the year. But I can’t mention injuries to players and no coaching staff against a PV loss lol.

Get off it bunch of haters mate. Jealous that a club came up and did well first year.

Anyway next topic.

You struggle with English? Not complaining about injuries, he’s saying ek showed their cards first half of the season. I’m saying we had a diff team in the first half compared to the second.

Exact same reason why strathmore were average first half of the season and unstoppable second half mate, or does your silly logic only apply to EK and no one else?? You one of those people are you?

Somewhere near finals? Can’t be nearer then 5th mate

I don't see any ppl from SM on here complaining about all the injuries they had.

All you do is go back to the Pacco game and say you had players missing blah blah blah, you couldn't fit them all in the same team regardless (points wise)! Pacco still beat you by 10 goals!

Hence why I said somewhere near finals.. Looks like you struggle with English

I don't see any ppl from SM on here complaining about all the injuries they had.

All you do is go back to the Pacco game and say you had players missing blah blah blah, you couldn't fit them all in the same team regardless (points wise)! Pacco still beat you by 10 goals!

Excuse laden football club

…. Mentioned PV because that’s the only time I complained about injuries. Where as people saying I always complain about injuries. Untrue

…. Mentioned PV because that’s the only time I complained about injuries. Where as people saying I always complain about injuries. Untrue

Ohh ffs Bash give it a rest mate😂 thats the only game you have complained about injuries you reckon😂 Not a single loss has gone by this year without you mentioning the outs

Keep checking this page to see what happened @ the Womens game. But even after EK have bombed out still hearing same dribble from Bashen. But don’t tar all EK supporters with same brush. Some very loyal supporters down there long before Pat & co.

lol most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Do you just talk crap to rile people up??? ill debunk your theory with one comment. Lost to Keilor first time round by 50 then almost beat them... If Ek showed their hand against arguably the best coach in the state tactic wise shouldn't we have lost by 100 last week? delusional you are. EK suffered massively second half of season due to injuries to key position players that could not be replaced.
They will finish the second half 4-5 far from disastrous first year
Your comment above just for your reference on where did you complain about injuries.

Its up to you if you dont think 7-2 at half way mark and only having 10 wins after round 17 is a disaster then i dont know what is.

You said second half result was a direct result of key position players that couldn't be replaced (i called BS on that and produced the facts to support my theory)

The chest was out and club was huffing and puffing at 7-2, 8 games later you have 10 wins in what i would call a disaster a very expensive disaster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep checking this page to see what happened @ the Womens game. But even after EK have bombed out still hearing same dribble from Bashen. But don’t tar all EK supporters with same brush. Some very loyal supporters down there long before Pat & co.

This is a good post. EK have alot of great people and ex players that will still be there long after Pat.

This is a good post. EK have alot of great people and ex players that will still be there long after Pat.
Can’t see a problem with the bloke if he is topping in his own money he should be commended not condemned, no difference to the w***er tradies at strathmore and Pascoe vale at least he is front and centre not sniping from the back like most sponsors

Can’t see a problem with the bloke if he is topping in his own money he should be commended not condemned, no difference to the w***er tradies at strathmore and Pascoe vale at least he is front and centre not sniping from the back like most sponsors

Blokes done more for the EK footy club single handedly then probably anyone is doing at the moment at a current EDFL club and they trying to knock him 🤦‍♂️ club was bottom 4 in Div 1 before he came along. Bet you all wish you had someone like Pat at your clubs, Goodluck to you all

Blokes done more for the EK footy club single handedly then probably anyone is doing at the moment at a current EDFL club and they trying to knock him 🤦‍♂️ club was bottom 4 in Div 1 before he came along. Bet you all wish you had someone like Pat at your clubs, Goodluck to you all

Correct , without the blatant cheating EK would still be bottom 4 Div 1... Funny how people do the wrong thing and when called out try and use the "haters" card... EDFL may accept blatant cheating but it doesn't pass the Pub test , no matter who is doing it..

Bongetti appointed non playing coach in 2023 so his last game Saturday, Glenroy defenders will need eyes in the back of their heads
I've been following the Premier thread this year and you seem to a real keyboard warrior.
You must have been a great player the way you bag guys.
Every time I've seen Bongetti play he goes hard but is the first one the opposition hug after the game.
Sad that your career highlights are all confined to trying to be a hard guy on here 🥱😄

I’ve been around the EDFL nearly 50 years and never heard of the bloke until he landed there a few years ago. What are his ties to EK?
Does he live there, did he play there?

‘Bloke’ has deep pockets and even bigger ego, it’s a hobby for him but cheating all the same. Can’t argue about the profile of EK soaring and being a genuine Premier club but how sustainable is it ? And who picks up the pieces after Pat wants something else to do ?

Reckon Bruce Kent & Murray Neilson just to name 2 presidents have done a hell of a lot more than Pat

I've been following the Premier thread this year and you seem to a real keyboard warrior.
You must have been a great player the way you bag guys.
Every time I've seen Bongetti play he goes hard but is the first one the opposition hug after the game.
Sad that your career highlights are all confined to trying to be a hard guy on here 🥱😄

This is a forum for opinions on local footy. I’ve got mine, you have yours 👏.
For the record all my career highlights are not confined to BigFooty, I won an under 13’s premiership too

This is a forum for opinions on local footy. I’ve got mine, you have yours 👏.
For the record all my career highlights are not confined to BigFooty, I won an under 13’s premiership too
50 years and a under 13’s premiership and your a deer with no legs or eyes make so much sense to me now

Given Bruce Kent more or less built Greenvale FC from the ground up, you'd be wrong...again.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back