EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate it’s $20 ffs just pay and enjoy the 3 hours of entertainment. That’s $7 an hour… pay that all day every day. People need to Stop being stingy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good for you Bash that you are in a fortunate position, but it’s a little out of touch with the current economic climate. Cost of living + mortgages going up and up. I have a partner that likes to go to the footy as well and it’s $80 for us this weekend to watch Sat/Sun.
I think it’s just pure greed from the EDFL and they got the answer over the weekend.
Make it $5, get big crowds and showcase your product.

Mate it’s $20 ffs just pay and enjoy the 3 hours of entertainment. That’s $7 an hour… pay that all day every day. People need to Stop being stingy

Ridiculous comment Bash. It’s not that easy for everybody. Without a doubt crowds will be lower because people will refuse to pay $20 for a local football match. Plain stupid from the EDFL

Ridiculous comment Bash. It’s not that easy for everybody. Without a doubt crowds will be lower because people will refuse to pay $20 for a local football match. Plain stupid from the EDFL

Mate it’s a day out $20 for 3 hours of entertainment to me it’s worth it. Costs more for a Big Mac meal at maccas. Half you lads prob chuck 5x that on the horses every weekend. It’s not that expensive………

Each to their own i guess.

Are kids free? If not that is too expensive and will stop the neutrals from going.

Umpires used to be able to purchase a finals pass for $20 which gave them access to all finals, not sure if it’s still around but was good value and no reason this shouldn’t be available for club members to purchase.

Tend to agree Bashen,
Country footy you might pay 12-15 dollars for Home & Away at the gate. Most clubs charge 5 dollars for a beer. Finals might easily be 20 bucks.

Clubs are looking for gate takings. Perhaps that's why EDFL are charging so much for a beer. EDFL punters aren't used to paying at the gate.

Tend to agree Bashen,
Country footy you might pay 12-15 dollars for Home & Away at the gate. Most clubs charge 5 dollars for a beer. Finals might easily be 20 bucks.

Clubs are looking for gate takings. Perhaps that's why EDFL are charging so much for a beer. EDFL punters aren't used to paying at the gate.
Dunno how it works up your way silver but in the nfl and rdfl league get the gate in the nfl games not played at Preston host club gets the beer and canteen and rdfl they share 1 gets beer 1 gets bbq and so on

Dunno how it works up your way silver but in the nfl and rdfl league get the gate in the nfl games not played at Preston host club gets the beer and canteen and rdfl they share 1 gets beer 1 gets bbq and so on
Come finals they generally rotate clubs through catering so similar to what you have described Ranga. Regarding gate takings obviously it's home club during Home and Away. As I said normally $12-15. Come finals my understanding is that leagues take the gate. $20 per head. People are used to paying at the gate and beer pretty cheap $5-6 a can. That's just the few leagues up North I visit.

Bash please maybe your rolling in cash but theirs others who are not. I’ve been going to EDFL finals for many years and can remember big crowds at the games ,when was the last really big crowd at a EDFL grand final. How were the crowds at yesterday’s games I’m hearing ordinary.
Do they sell beer there yet ?
Last time I went to watch an EDFL gf they didn’t even sell beer, wtf ?

Do they sell beer there yet ?
Last time I went to watch an EDFL gf they didn’t even sell beer, wtf ?
Only sell beer in the social club and that outdoor seating area upstairs as it’s monitored by security not around the ground. Yes it would be great to have a beer around the ground but in the past there has been fights so they stopped it. Always a minority that stuffed it for everyone.

Only sell beer in the social club and that outdoor seating area upstairs as it’s monitored by security not around the ground. Yes it would be great to have a beer around the ground but in the past there has been fights so they stopped it. Always a minority that stuffed it for everyone.
There was a food truck at windy hill at Sunday’s game selling alcohol in cans and the crowd were drinking on the fence and in grand stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are kids free? If not that is too expensive and will stop the neutrals from going.

Umpires used to be able to purchase a finals pass for $20 which gave them access to all finals, not sure if it’s still around but was good value and no reason this shouldn’t be available for club members to purchase.
Incredible to see Presidents paying to go and watch local footy. These people along with committees do so much for no monetary return and the league haven’t even recognised this by sending a couple passes to each club.
Spose Deer Park is more important than the overall running of the league
Lots of issues mounting up.

Incredible to see Presidents paying to go and watch local footy. These people along with committees do so much for no monetary return and the league haven’t even recognised this by sending a couple passes to each club.
That is poor form if true

Just sell light or mid strength beer

Clubs got 2 passes - oh how generous EDFL

For all matches during the finals series, each participating team will be given 30 entry passes to be used for entry into the venue.
and so they should, the players are providing the entertainment.. but 30 wouldnt even cover the 23 in the side, 2 emergencies, 3 coaches... what about trainers, water, runners, team manager etc etc..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back