EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet they made Finals - Based on your opinion, it doesn't say much about the 6 teams that missed out, they must have substantial list of Duds - Love EK or Not, they made finals and lost the game in the first 20mins on a perfect day for football. I think they missed Colletta & Hill which may have made a difference early. Anyway, i am sure big Pat has already got his eyes set on some big recruits !!
Biggest Choker he will need to recruit as there is nothing in the reserves (2 walkovers), maybe he needs to recruit some depth into the club
Points will always be an issue if you are having to keep on recruiting players in
Any kids from the 18’s capable of playing senior footy?

Biggest Choker he will need to recruit as there is nothing in the reserves (2 walkovers), maybe he needs to recruit some depth into the club
Points will always be an issue if you are having to keep on recruiting players in
Speaking with some close EK Friends, The challenge he has is that approx 8-10 of the ones will never ever play Seconds football. Therefore, if they are injured or out cause of points they will never play seconds. They have a good crop of 18's coming through as they played finals first year back. But, they just need to hang onto them. If he works on getting EK original players back, there could be a seconds side just there.
I watched them very closely yesterday, they just didn't Jell as a team - a lot of mistakes or maybe just not interested. Obviously, they don't get paid for playing Finals !

My opinion is you need to have a 3 year plan and build a base with younger players and clubs need to spend on getting in smart good coaches that might have experience at VFL or Coates league or been coaching premier standard footy with reasonable to good success, and can develop the younger core of 16s/ 18s on your list. Also preparation and game plans are essential. NOW these types of coaches aren’t falling out of trees and tbh the pool of good coaches is declining. Also they will want 40-60k. But it’s the only way to build and sustain.

On paper Keilor “maybe” don’t have the best team but they have the best coach. But rumoured to be on huge coin on & off the books. But his the best and pretty loyal as well.
Pacco had a pretty good side in and Morrel is a good coach but McGuane gets them most times even prior to Morrel getting to Pacco he used to out coach them.

And yet they made Finals - Based on your opinion, it doesn't say much about the 6 teams that missed out, they must have substantial list of Duds - Love EK or Not, they made finals and lost the game in the first 20mins on a perfect day for football. I think they missed Colletta & Hill which may have made a difference early. Anyway, i am sure big Pat has already got his eyes set on some big recruits !!
They lost it in the first 20 min? Mate they lost it in the first 120 minutes!! Weren’t even competitive

Maybe he needs to leave?
First thing Pat needs to get in his head is that you cannot intimidate in Premier Division. It may have worked in B Grade but it won't cut the mustard in this league. Absolutely embarrassing yesterday for EK and when it came to contesting the tough moments they were smashed. And for what it's worth and I don't condone it, if it did become a punch on EK would've got their arse kicked... That was the last we've seen of Shaw and Stewart , both been terrific players in this league(on huge $$$).

My opinion is you need to have a 3 year plan and build a base with younger players and clubs need to spend on getting in smart good coaches that might have experience at VFL or Coates league or been coaching premier standard footy with reasonable to good success, and can develop the younger core of 16s/ 18s on your list. Also preparation and game plans are essential. NOW these types of coaches aren’t falling out of trees and tbh the pool of good coaches is declining. Also they will want 40-60k. But it’s the only way to build and sustain.

On paper Keilor “maybe” don’t have the best team but they have the best coach. But rumoured to be on huge coin on & off the books. But his the best and pretty loyal as well.
Pacco had a pretty good side in and Morrel is a good coach but McGuane gets them most times even prior to Morrel getting to Pacco he used to out coach them.
Strathmore will smash Pacco this week.

First thing Pat needs to get in his head is that you cannot intimidate in Premier Division. It may have worked in B Grade but it won't cut the mustard in this league. Absolutely embarrassing yesterday for EK and when it came to contesting the tough moments they were smashed. And for what it's worth and I don't condone it, if it did become a punch on EK would've got their arse kicked... That was the last we've seen of Shaw and Stewart , both been terrific players in this league(on huge $$$).
Strathmore will smash Pacco this week.
Not sure it will be close I reckon. Big difference between playing EK compared to Pacco. But yeah Pacco will need to bounce back hard.
Either way Keilor smash either on GF day

OK so if Keilor "maybe" dont have the nest team on paper, who does?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EK absolutely will not play finals next year with the current coach in place. No way.
I know someone who was talking with Rocky after he got sacked he told me Rocky said “ him and his assistant got sacked because Pat wanted to take them to the next level”whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Speaking with some close EK Friends, The challenge he has is that approx 8-10 of the ones will never ever play Seconds football. Therefore, if they are injured or out cause of points they will never play seconds. They have a good crop of 18's coming through as they played finals first year back. But, they just need to hang onto them. If he works on getting EK original players back, there could be a seconds side just there.
I watched them very closely yesterday, they just didn't Jell as a team - a lot of mistakes or maybe just not interested. Obviously, they don't get paid for playing Finals !
Seeing as the 18s played Div 1 18s instead of Prem18s not sure they will be super keen on Prem 2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back