EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You might think the league would be discussing things or are they happy with what appears to be a one sided competition.
Pacco 2nd last year after H&A and lost by 120points
East Keilor 4th last year after H&A and lost by 180points.
Strathmore 3rd last year after H&A and beat pretty convincing and being round 1 probably closed the result somewhat..
Huge differentials in these results and I don’t ever recall similar disparity in margins
Abers 2015?

Keilor have the right mix of business and community people running the club. People are drawn there for this reason. They are so well run, they would not risk paying or being caught over the salary cap. Many don’t like them but are admired for what they have achieved over many years and that’s what keep bringing people back.
You cannot be serious.. or maybe you're just delusional

I don’t buy into the whole Keilor jealousy thing, but to suggest they are under $120k is comical.
Agree. They pay way way over cap, but so do others, but no need to be jealous.
Clubs just need to be better. They are the benchmark and it’s not up to them to try and come back to field.
Still want to know about the outstanding sportsmanship re the game/Daw. We need a feel good story after the concerning blowouts.

Agree. They pay way way over cap, but so do others, but no need to be jealous.
Clubs just need to be better. They are the benchmark and it’s not up to them to try and come back to field.
Still want to know about the outstanding sportsmanship re the game/Daw. We need a feel good story after the concerning blowouts.
We are 7 rounds in and it sounds like Keilor are on track to win their 10th premiership in a row. So much whinging and unsubstantiated, lazy accusations to mask the fact Keilor are just doing it a lot better right now. EVERY club in the Div is paying over $120k, it’s just how the player market is at the moment, players have a weird self entitlement that they deserve hundreds of bucks cash every week to play a game of football, and whilst clubs continue to pay it, it won’t stop anytime soon.

Doesn’t change the fact you need good coaches, plenty of homegrowns developing into regular senior players and a strong culture, not the type where a player gets dropped and thinks he needs to change clubs. Keilor have that balance, and clubs with huge cash flow (and other enticements!) like EK & Deer Park don’t have it, so when it gets tough they lose by 30 goals

But out of those 10 at the jets they are not all keilor grown juniors. If some were to play senior footy they will be 4 point players. That’s the issue the edfl needs to seriously look into as a way to even up senior and junior footy for the future.
Yes they are a destination club mainly on the back of McGuane who’s son played juniors and he coached so he seen kids from opposing clubs.
Keilor do pay a lot and let’s not forget what McGuane is paid. He would, and should be the highest paid coach in this competition and up there with the highest paid in local footy. It’s worth every cent though.
Keilor have always had juniors from other clubs nearby join them when its comes to u16s and u18s because those players think they're more of a chance of heading to the Jets, its been the case for years, nothing new

My son plays at Keilor and also plays VFL. I assure you him and many others are playing for unders because they are driven for success and buy into what club is about.

He knows he could be getting 4 to 5 times more than what he is getting in many other leagues across Victoria and has been offered that. But for him like many other boys they also are being coached by best in business who generally cares for his players.

The amounts being bantered on this page in regards Keilor players being paid is way off mark. Players actually took cuts this year so everyone could be paid but no one even Honey is on anywhere near figures posted on this forum.

Thank you for having the grace to post this.
So over reading observers fill this chat with complete untruths.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m a former Keilor junior and senior player who had the privilege of playing in a senior grand final with him , I can confirm Keilor are not about paying big bucks to players , they are driven by a club first mentality. They put time and effort into juniors and they reap the rewards in years to come. The high turn over rate at other clubs is something you don’t see at Keilor . Player stay for the culture and possible success.

Every club has their highs and lows over years , Keilor is just at there peak atm . Ppl should not judge just because of success . Who knows other clubs could peak in years to come .

Thank you for such an honest post

So you don’t think that AFL Victoria Accredited CCSP Integrity Officers
would be looking over the books? Or is it up to the EDFL?
This is not directed at you ontheroadagain.

Equity would suggest they audit all clubs! If they are ALL found to be over the salary cap what does it prove? And reading this forum and seeing the the $$$ mentioned and knowing how difficult it is to recruit players to top country leagues I would suggest ALL are over the salary cap.

Answer: The salary cap is a waste of time and Keilor's coaching, administration and junior pathways are currently better than other Premier League Clubs.

Clubs should stop whinging and get creative in addressing areas that do not include throwing huge sums of money at disinterested mercenary style footballers as they look to close the gap. Throwing even more $$$ is not sustainable in Premier EDFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Gremlin, what I meant was wouldn’t AFL Vic who pay people to do this role, look at clubs that are dominating in checking the books? Or do the EDFL have to start the process?
My understanding is all Premiers get audited, and one club at random. That may be wrong or changed but it’s along those lines. Not all clubs get audited.
Unfortunately the investigators don’t have the resources to catch them out properly and usually have to rely on admin errors or whistle blowers. It’s a toothless tiger, that if AFL Vic was fair dinkum they would throw resources at it in a strategy to improve overall grass roots football and giving clubs a chance to thrive without being held to ransom by amateur footballers. Until that happens, the points system is all we have.

I hope the next EDFL club caught red handed is severely punished and relegated to the lowest division but I won’t be holding my breath

What outstanding Sportsmanship occurred?
Majak was genuinely encouraging his opponent who was clearly down on confidence. AH failing to make a change of full back in the last quarter was nearly as bewildering as the AH runners constant reference to "Taco" for most of the match as the runner combined his running duties with his on field coaching role.

Majak was genuinely encouraging his opponent who was clearly down on confidence. AH failing to make a change of full back in the last quarter was nearly as bewildering as the AH runners constant reference to "Taco" for most of the match as the runner combined his running duties with his on field coaching role.

Nice work Majak.

My son plays at Keilor and also plays VFL. I assure you him and many others are playing for unders because they are driven for success and buy into what club is about.

He knows he could be getting 4 to 5 times more than what he is getting in many other leagues across Victoria and has been offered that. But for him like many other boys they also are being coached by best in business who generally cares for his players.

The amounts being bantered on this page in regards Keilor players being paid is way off mark. Players actually took cuts this year so everyone could be paid but no one even Honey is on anywhere near figures posted on this forum.
He obviously still lives at home and eats the groceries you pay for. Please explain the meaning of your statement " what the club is about"?

He obviously still lives at home and eats the groceries you pay for. Please explain the meaning of your statement " what the club is about"?

Longblow
This is not AFL. These boys probably mostly live at home. At this level, football is a pastime, not employment. Rather sure, these men have full time jobs.

Not that I know, but from what I read it would seem that Keilor designed a long term plan with that club now reaping the benefit of playing together. Happy to be questioned, but I saw that team two weeks ago play as a complete team. Observationally, not one of those men played for themselves. It was team first.

I feel this must come from coach McGuane. From what I saw, McGuane would not allow individual grand standing. Perhaps, just perhaps, that is what ‘the club is about’…..

“Great” to see Deer Park get a result for the $24,000 cash transfer fee they had to pay to Majak’s previous club - a great example of investing in your development !! More important than ever going forward for Deer Park to get those important taxi vouchers to transport Majak to games.
lol he drove against apw just parked outside the main ground

“Great” to see Deer Park get a result for the $24,000 cash transfer fee they had to pay to Majak’s previous club - a great example of investing in your development !! More important than ever going forward for Deer Park to get those important taxi vouchers to transport Majak to games.

Were his punt debts part of that $24k or on top of?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey longbow would dp be paying over the salary cap?
I think that has been spoken about Sandra. The point made in an early reference was the single outing of DP in this area. The only difference is they have something to show for it, unlike most in this division albiet it in the WRFL. Only time till they are doing the same in the EDFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back