EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they dont go hash here they may as well scrap the system. If they do it right and the right penalties are handed down they system will last and be accorded to by all clubs.

I see Abers, Doutta, and Pascoe Vale have been found to have breached the salary cap in some way in 2017. If this is the case how can clubs such as Abers and Pascoe Vale be allowed to improve their lists in 2018 ?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/e52f8c2dfdc48ac593ee4c1a31e63644
So you're saying that even after what EDS did mid season they still breached the cap?
As they took action to try and rectify the situation, I would not penalise them at all. However, for Abers and Pascoe Vale they did not take action. Even though the report says they were helpful they breached. Abers should receive the largest fine as they won the premiership while cheating.

So you're saying that even after what EDS did mid season they still breached the cap?
As they took action to try and rectify the situation, I would not penalise them at all. However, for Abers and Pascoe Vale they did not take action. Even though the report says they were helpful they breached. Abers should receive the largest fine as they won the premiership while cheating.

Yes still issues even though they took some action. If action was taken they were headed for huge trouble. I raised pre season that they were trying to outbid other clubs just to win a players signature which isn’t very smart in today’s footy recruiting..

The article never said they cheated the cap. Maybe we need to wait till AFL vic release their findings before we jump to conclusions. Their are plenty of things that the clubs might have done other then breach the cap.

I suspect any penalties are going to come with a suspended sentence. Surprised Abers are included in among those 3 clubs.

To all the clubs who actually understood the rules, well done.

Hey Mel, why are you surprised Abers was one of the clubs? Most people would have naturally presumed Abers was one of the clubs..
It’s was only a few years ago when they couldn’t pay all player contracts by the stated time. Even though this was not when the cap was in place it does show some past mismanagement and not having enough funds to pay the budget. Abers renown for being a big spending club Mel, even with the amount of junior talent they have coming through..

I suspect any penalties are going to come with a suspended sentence. Surprised Abers are included in among those 3 clubs.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of it all as the perception is that the EDFL has been given an easier run with the points/salary cap to date when contrasted with other leagues.
I'd suggest there'd be a fair amount of bemusement if clubs in breach of these rules were to get the wet lettuce leaf treatment.
Finally all parties need to take these guidelines seriously otherwise we may as well not bother with them.

You've got to be kidding! It's a dead set bet that the other seven would likely have done the same or have been found to have similar misunderstanding of policy and rules. Several league insiders stated that the AFL Integrity Unit has found this to be an administrative misinterpretation across the board of metro football. None of us should be so quick to judge when we are not privy to what's been done at all clubs. As the press release said the clubs involved have been more than open and transparent in their dealings and this was noted in the reports. If they had something to hide, then why were each of the three so readily co-operative?

You've got to be kidding! It's a dead set bet that the other seven would likely have done the same or have been found to have similar misunderstanding of policy and rules. Several league insiders stated that the AFL Integrity Unit has found this to be an administrative misinterpretation across the board of metro football. None of us should be so quick to judge when we are not privy to what's been done at all clubs. As the press release said the clubs involved have been more than open and transparent in their dealings and this was noted in the reports. If they had something to hide, then why were each of the three so readily co-operative?
You're the one who's got to be kidding champ

These Naive posts keep getting better . With due respect you have no idea .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have absolutely no idea and have been fed total rubbish. Keep pushing your biased agenda though.
Why on earth would I be bias for or against any team ? I have never had any affiliation with any club in the EDFL . May I suggest you my friend are the biased one? If , and it’s probably a big if ,you have any knowledge or facts you are most welcome to refute any way you like, but please don’t treat us like fools in the process. The forum is yours .

Why on earth would I be bias for or against any team ? I have never had any affiliation with any club in the EDFL . May I suggest you my friend are the biased one? If , and it’s probably a big if ,you have any knowledge or facts you are most welcome to refute any way you like, but please don’t treat us like fools in the process. The forum is yours .

Nice try! Facts on a forum like this LOL

Here are some facts with regards to PV being named as 1 of the clubs involved. Main point being they did not exceed to salary cap..

https://www.pascoevalesc.org.au/new...tes-senior-pvfc-of-salary-cap-spending-breach

Don’t be so paranoid Turbo . Have clearly stated previously Pacco were smack bang on 250. It’s 2018 I’m interested in .Is that fair ?

Wasn’t a reply to you as such Bully, just a post I received from the club..

Still don’t understand why 3 clubs were mentioned in the same statement by the edfl. Can only think they are covering something up for a particular club!! Ummm..
You get my point don’t you Bully.,

Wasn’t a reply to you as such Bully, just a post I received from the club..

Still don’t understand why 3 clubs were mentioned in the same statement by the edfl. Can only think they are covering something up for a particular club!! Ummm..
You get my point don’t you Bully.,
Of course Turbo. We all get your point . 9 clubs are over and players at Pacco are amateurs. I’m only joking but it’s amazing ( and understandable ) how parochial people are about their clubs . They can’t see the forest for the trees . I’ll admit I far from know everything but am privy to more information than some . I am unbiased apart from having a few friends scattered throughout the competition. It sounds as though there will be no sanctions handed out for season 2017. Looking ahead I see the only way a club can be caught over the cap is having someone who is really poor at arithmetic running the books . The days of the extra large brown paper bags are back .

I was really talking about the clubs in Div 1 and 2.

As I said, I expect any club to cop a suspended sanction if any offences occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back