EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Booze bud agree with your first two paragraphs but the last paragraph is way off.
It costs $100 to buy a test and can only be administered by a nurse (signed off by GP) or a GP (enter added costs here)
Plus you can only get tested if you have symptoms.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
pretty sure you can go to the drive through at Highpoint and be tested for free

Booze bud agree with your first two paragraphs but the last paragraph is way off.
It costs $100 to buy a test and can only be administered by a nurse (signed off by GP) or a GP (enter added costs here)
Plus you can only get tested if you have symptoms.

Touché I had no idea, temperature checks pre game by a league official then who has the power to send a player home

Last edited:
Umpires have been asked to take a 50% pay cut.

I think clubs are going to have to find a few more volunteers each week.
Under appreciated and abused for a long time and now asked to take a hit.

Maybe the umps dig in, and let clubs put up umpires like they do in the bush.

That’s one issue solved 👍

Next?

Both Northern and eastern have cancelled there season (men’s & womens) Will EDFL do the same thing.
Time for our league to stand up and lead the way. As a league that doesn’t rely on gate takings we can make it work. Already leading the way with no player payments time for EDFL to showcase how good it actually is

Northern and Eastern Football League senior football both called off after meeting with AFL VIC
The juniors are still on . They should had $0 player payments , its the only way the season can go ahead in 2020 for seniors.
I guess there be A few clearances going out for blokes who want a kick on a Saturday.

Last edited:
It’s not gonna be up to the EDFL
Very true. People can get fired up all they like, and insist that the season must go on regardless. Ultimately though, it is probably not going to be under their control. Will be dictated almost exclusively by the extent and duration of the health protocols, and the dubious likelihood of clubs being able to operate under extremely stringent requirements.

Will be dictated almost exclusively by the extent and duration of the health protocols, and the dubious likelihood of clubs being able to operate under extremely stringent requirements.

See that's the bit I don't get. Both Northern & Eastern are committed to playing their junior seasons. So perhaps it is strictly a financial decision (given health protocols would be in place for all age groups). Given the EDFL has already floated the no payment policy for 2020, maybe all is not lost - yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See that's the bit I don't get. Both Northern & Eastern are committed to playing their junior seasons. So perhaps it is strictly a financial decision (given health protocols would be in place for all age groups). Given the EDFL has already floated the no payment policy for 2020, maybe all is not lost - yet.
Maybe they will play juniors on a Saturday so that they can have a 30-45 minute break between each game to allowing families to leave and new families arriving not to mix together.

Maybe they will play juniors on a Saturday so that they can have a 30-45 minute break between each game to allowing families to leave and new families arriving not to mix together.

U19s have been cancelled by Eastern and Northern. I wonder if EDFL cancels the Seniors they can retain U18s. As you said Horse, play 18s/16s Saturday and the 14/12/10 Sunday - gaps in between.

U19s have been cancelled by Eastern and Northern. I wonder if EDFL cancels the Seniors they can retain U18s. As you said Horse, play 18s/16s Saturday and the 14/12/10 Sunday - gaps in between.
Why cancel Seniors and keep 18’s ?

Also the AIS framework requires the change rooms and communal areas to be cleaned with disinfectant between games so will need the extended break between games. Hopefully with non-players kept out of change rooms now they'll empty quickly.

It was a rhetorical question...

I understand if the leagues are cancelled but to cancel seniors and not juniors reeks of a financial not health related decision
The health experts say that kids less likely to have the diseases. That’s why they are all at school and adults continue to work from home. Junior kids less likely to transmit during a game compared to seniors

Love this stuff. It is all about da cash $$$. I think parents will be watching the kids , not in great numbers like seniors but all health protocols will still be in place. Hope this decision means clubs will be financial in 2021 and beyond as the junior fees will be a sweetener to start next season

It was a rhetorical question...

I understand if the leagues are cancelled but to cancel seniors and not juniors reeks of a financial not health related decision
Every club and competition will fight for junior football to be played.
It is the largest sponsorship by far and only sponsor in some cases for 2020.
Even if its a 6 to 8 game season for juniors its a again a financial decision "a win / win for clubs & league"
If juniors are scrapped we are talking some clubs in a world of hurt not being able to refund all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back