EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can create Zones for primary schools, why not have zones for local footy clubs.

The issue is that these strong clubs become a 'status' for the parents and the kids. The parents are prepared to travel past several 'less desirable' clubs to ensure that they can tell people within there social circle they play at Abers/strathmore/keilor etc and get to mix and network amongst those other families. The parents would rather their kids play in the 3rd team of a strong club like Abers than the 1st at Avondale, despite this being their local club.
100% agree that this is accurate , there is a word for it - ELITISM(look it up)... How deplorable is it when this is enabled

100% agree that this is accurate , there is a word for it - ELITISM(look it up)... How deplorable is it when this is enabled
I'll save you looking it up , here you go. Sound familiar?
elitism -
  1. Elitism is the belief or notion that individuals who form an elite—a select group of people perceived as having an intrinsic quality, high intellect, wealth, special skills, or experience—are more likely to be constructive to society as a whole, and therefore deserve influence or authority greater than that of others. The term elitism may be used to describe a situation in which power is concentrated in the hands of a limited number of people.

CLUB HUB~ CLUB COMMUNICATION~TRIBUNAL HEARINGS. But you’ve probably already looked there, and there’s nothing for 2021. Perhaps no-one has offended so far in 2021. 😂😂

There has been a few tribunal hearings this year and cards handed out with set penalties. For some reason they aren’t being published

There has been a few tribunal hearings this year and cards handed out with set penalties. For some reason they aren’t being published
Seems a bit odd. One could understand them being a bit slow off the mark initially, but surely after 3 rounds there should be something shown on the website for this season. Perhaps the League have gone all touchy feely and don’t want to embarrass or hurt the feelings of the culprits by publicising their transgressions.

Seems a bit odd. One could understand them being a bit slow off the mark initially, but surely after 3 rounds there should be something shown on the website for this season. Perhaps the League have gone all touchy feely and don’t want to embarrass or hurt the feelings of the culprits by publicising their transgressions.

maybe the EDFL have fallen behind there admin responsibilities, by all reports from people in different club land , the EDFL appear to be a basket case up at the Windy Hill office.

maybe the EDFL have fallen behind there admin responsibilities, by all reports from people in different club land , the EDFL appear to be a basket case up at the Windy Hill office.

just perhaps.....this may be due to no ‘real‘ oversight....🙈

Very impressive and unexpected result for Avondale to knock off Keilor by 4 points. Anyone in attendance who can give a rundown on the match? I see Galea missed another match. Wonder what his injury is.

Marby win over Abers just as impressive
Yes indeed. Hadn’t realised Marby won. Summary of scores on EDFL website still shows Abers winning by 4 points. It’s only when you look a bit deeper does it reveal Abers winning by 2 points. Superb effort by Marby.

Couple of big games next week.

Keilor V Abers
Marby V Mores. All 4 teams on 3 and 1.

Last edited:
Very impressive and unexpected result for Avondale to knock off Keilor by 4 points. Anyone in attendance who can give a rundown on the match? I see Galea missed another match. Wonder what his injury is.

Lot of unfamiliar names on the Keilor list. Regardless, huge win for AH.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of unfamiliar names on the Keilor list. Regardless, huge win for AH.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Missing Todd Stevenson, Dean Galea, Matthew Clarke, Nick O'Kearney, Jay White, David Isbister, Riley Ham, Joel Sadler, and lost Jessie Wallin first Quarter

Yes indeed. Hadn’t realised Marby won. Summary of scores on EDFL website still shows Abers winning by 4 points. It’s only when you look a bit deeper does it reveal Abers winning by 2 points. Superb effort by Marby.

Couple of big games next week.

Keilor V Abers
Marby V Mores. All 4 teams on 3 and 1.
Time to dig into the History books and see when was the last time Keilor & Aber's lost on the same day - Great result for the comp - Then the Blockbuster game this week with one club potentially losing two in ROW - and falling to potentially 6th after Round 5 - It will be a good wake up call...

Time to dig into the History books and see when was the last time Keilor & Aber's lost on the same day - Great result for the comp - Then the Blockbuster game this week with one club potentially losing two in ROW - and falling to potentially 6th after Round 5 - It will be a good wake up call...
Round 9, 2014. Avondale defeated Keilor, and Strathmore defeated Abers.

How do Premier teams go at Avondale knowing the score and time? Most ridiculous scoreboard placement in history. Not the clubs fault but that's the dumbest council ever. You literally have to send a runner out to find out the score and how long is left. Sure you can keep your own time and score but at Junior level that isn't happening. Both benches should be in her same side there. I know I had a crack at turbo about bench placement the other day but this one is a no brainer

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Missing Todd Stevenson, Dean Galea, Matthew Clarke, Nick O'Kearney, Jay White, David Isbister, Riley Ham, Joel Sadler, and lost Jessie Wallin first Quarter
Keillor had a few out but they have depth to cover there outs

Avondale had 8 eight including there captain Darby, there Ruckman and 3 midfield got calls up to the vfl,plus injuries from the abers game the week before

I was at the game and it was a gutsy effort by the heights, to all play for each other the way they did , and Avondale fell behind by 10 points with 6 minutes to go in the last quarter and they were able to come back from that ,,, great win for the club

How do Premier teams go at Avondale knowing the score and time? Most ridiculous scoreboard placement in history. Not the clubs fault but that's the dumbest council ever. You literally have to send a runner out to find out the score and how long is left. Sure you can keep your own time and score but at Junior level that isn't happening. Both benches should be in her same side there. I know I had a crack at turbo about bench placement the other day but this one is a no brainer

Yes agree shocking position where spectators need to walk onto the ground about 10mts to see it. Plain dumb. Things need to change mate.

Keillor had a few out but they have depth to cover there outs

Avondale had 8 eight including there captain Darby, there Ruckman and 3 midfield got calls up to the vfl,plus injuries from the abers game the week before

I was at the game and it was a gutsy effort by the heights, to all play for each other the way they did , and Avondale fell behind by 10 points with 6 minutes to go in the last quarter and they were able to come back from that ,,, great win for the club
Fair play to Avondale better side on the day, injuries a part of football every team has to deal with them better at this time of year than down the track. Keilor could very well be 0-4, got of jail the previous 2 games and if strathmore had of put some scoreboard pressure on with their 2nd qtr dominance that result could have been very different aswell. After okearneys game in the vfl today don’t think he will be spending much more time at Keilor this year and good on him, big loss for keilor though he is the best player in the comp by a street imo

Think you’ll find that it was Avondale’s decision to put the scoreboard there and not the council.

Just read Nick O'Kearney had 36 possies and was BOG for Essendon's VFL team against Carlton yesterday, would think Keilor would be unlikely to see him again, with any luck he might be a chance of getting picked up back on an AFL list in the mid season draft.

Just read Nick O'Kearney had 36 possies and was BOG for Essendon's VFL team against Carlton yesterday, would think Keilor would be unlikely to see him again, with any luck he might be a chance of getting picked up back on an AFL list in the mid season draft.

Yes, he’s certainly a class act at EDFL Level. Don’t think opposition clubs will be too unhappy if he spends the season playing at a higher level. Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back