EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 9 years - Hartigan, Sicily, Ahearn, Cavka, Ellis, Laverde, Venables, O'Kearney, Taylor, Honey

Congrats to you for compiling a list off Keilor’s web site.
Google a little further you’ll find 4 of them were drafted in the same year being 2014. Credit to them for being listed as a draftees junior club. *number of years played should be a criteria.
My point being there are quit a few gap years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

money does not buy culture and good luck putting 22 (non fee paying ) players on the field against strathmore or abers and they get pumped. recipe for disaster. short term solution will not solve long term problem. where does it stop? no fees for anyone?

Mate it’s a great thing they are offering for young adolescences, with an area with that much competition with local clubs and a very old demographic it’s a start.

Many clubs don’t have u18’s at the moment, it’s probably the hardest age to keep on the park due to getting licenses when they turn 18, partying etc etc.

Once you have a team then they can buy into/develop culture. Obviously you can’t expect to pick up an u18 program and compete with keilor and Abbers u18 team overnight mate. Got to start somewhere, luckily your opinion is irrelevant because your personality type would find a negative in everything people do especially ek. Haters going to hate.

Last edited:
Congrats to you for compiling a list off Keilor’s web site.
Google a little further you’ll find 4 of them were drafted in the same year being 2014. Credit to them for being listed as a draftees junior club. *number of years played should be a criteria.
My point being there are quit a few gap years.

You are correct that they don't have kids drafted every single year, but there are a lot of kids that get drafted from Keilor. Settle down lads. I'm just saying clearly Keilor have a pretty great history of kids getting drafted. I'm sure when parents are choosing a club for their kids to play at, they look at that. I would.

EK seem like they can do nothing right to please you lot. You all ramble on about what they are doing is wrong and they should spend money on junior development. They announce no fees for under 18's yesterday and you guys still complain. What exactly do they have to do to make you happy?

I will repeat, I'm not an EK supporter but they have been doing some good things and keep copping it. Give credit where its due and no fees for under 18's is a great thing. They obviously identified they want to increase participation there and they are giving it a crack.

Mate it’s a great thing they are offering for young adolescences, with an area with that much competition with local clubs and a very old demographic it’s a start.

Many clubs don’t have u18’s at the moment, it’s probably the hardest age to keep on the park due to getting licenses when they turn 18, partying etc etc.

Once you have a team then they can buy into/develop culture. Obviously you can’t expect to pick up an u18 program and compete with keilor as and Abbers u18 team overnight mate. Got to start somewhere, luckily your opinion is irrelevant because your personality type would find a negative in everything people do especially ek. Haters going to hate.

I am not an EK hater but you clearly dont understand that 18-5 is the natural progression from u16s and u14s before that. its called juniors and a junior program. if EK is going to start somewhere then thats where it needs to start. i have coached at all those levels including 18-5s. You dont know me from a bar of soap so dont comment about my personality type. BTW do seniors and reserves pay fees at EK.

money does not buy culture and good luck putting 22 (non fee paying ) players on the field against strathmore or abers and they get pumped. recipe for disaster. short term solution will not solve long term problem. where does it stop? no fees for anyone?
There’s a lot of clubs having trouble with 18.5 age group boys just don’t want to play anymore.

There’s a lot of clubs having trouble with 18.5 age group boys just don’t want to play anymore.

Very much this point right here. We only had 5 teams in the Riddell league in this age group last year. Kids have other stuff they want to do these days.

I am not an EK hater but you clearly dont understand that 18-5 is the natural progression from u16s and u14s before that. its called juniors and a junior program. if EK is going to start somewhere then thats where it needs to start. i have coached at all those levels including 18-5s. You dont know me from a bar of soap so dont comment about my personality type. BTW do seniors and reserves pay fees at EK.

You clearly have no idea, what happens to the top age 16’s moving up to u18’s each year if there isn’t an u18 team? Can’t make a team with 10 or so that move up can you?? You going to let them walk off to another club because you don’t want to attract more u18’s?? You have no clue mate.

Yes seniors and reserves pay fees. So they should, they get paid to play and their age group isn’t at a lack of players.

I don’t need to know you to judge your personality type, your comment when a club offers free fees to a age group that is non existent shows enough about your personality. Your a pessimist, always see the negative in everything especially ek related topics.

It’s a Great thing the club is offering, not many 17-18 year olds have money let alone jobs in covid. Free fees is a great opportunity for them to come play footy if they can’t even afford it to begin with.

It’s amazing that Pat is allocating funds to u18’s and not just the senior playing list mate. Shows what type of president he’s going to be. Great f’n job already 1 week into the role

You clearly have no idea, what happens to the top age 16’s moving up to u18’s each year if there isn’t an u18 team? Can’t make a team with 10 or so that move up can you?? You going to let them walk off to another club because you don’t want to attract more u18’s?? You have no clue mate.

Yes seniors and reserves pay fees. So they should, they get paid to play and their age group isn’t at a lack of players.

I don’t need to know you to judge your personality type, your comment when a club offers free fees to a age group that is non existent shows enough about your personality. Your a pessimist, always see the negative in everything especially ek related topics.

It’s a Great thing the club is offering, not many 17-18 year olds have money let alone jobs in covid. Free fees is a great opportunity for them to come play footy if they can’t even afford it to begin with.

It’s amazing that Pat is allocating funds to u18’s and not just the senior playing list mate. Shows what type of president he’s going to be. Great f’n job already 1 week into the role

l will watch with interest to see how your 18-5s go. clearly no fees will attract plenty of players and you may even have two teams. more importantly lets see in future how many new players to club(not coming up from 16s) play senior footy. Interesting you say Pat is allocating funds to 18-5s. l thought that would be a decision of EK Board or arent they involved in such matters involving financial issues. Board must have budgetted well for season 2022.Would love to see it and the Board minutes. Teaching teenagers that things come easy is good is it?
BTW l know you cant make a team with ten players. been there done that. it take effort and communication skills recruiting boys and its called hard work. l and others have done that before and always seem to get a team to the starting barriers without offering financial inducements.

While unorthodox to have free fees for U18’s it does increase their chances of filling a team and keeping their current juniors coming up into seniors ranks!
I classify U18’s as ‘seniors ranks’.
Having an U18’s should be compulsory for all premier division sides in my opinion

l will watch with interest to see how your 18-5s go. clearly no fees will attract plenty of players and you may even have two teams. more importantly lets see in future how many new players to club(not coming up from 16s) play senior footy. Interesting you say Pat is allocating funds to 18-5s. l thought that would be a decision of EK Board or arent they involved in such matters involving financial issues. Board must have budgetted well for season 2022.Would love to see it and the Board minutes. Teaching teenagers that things come easy is good is it?
BTW l know you cant make a team with ten players. been there done that. it take effort and communication skills recruiting boys and its called hard work. l and others have done that before and always seem to get a team to the starting barriers without offering financial inducements.

Please do, make sure you watch closely.

The buck starts and ends with Pat and every president mate. So when I say Pat it’s because he represents the club now. Would of said Geoff if this happened a month ago.

enjoy the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh a lot of these clubs reputations take on mythological proportions which parents unfortunately buy into.
East Keilor has put themselves back on the map, the flow on effect is that by competing against the likes of Abers, Keilor & Douttas they'll become a viable option for players that'd otherwise ending up at some of the "big clubs", be that at junior or senior level.

Please do, make sure you watch closely.

The buck starts and ends with Pat and every president mate. So when I say Pat it’s because he represents the club now. Would of said Geoff if this happened a month ago.

enjoy the weekend

You are correct that they don't have kids drafted every single year, but there are a lot of kids that get drafted from Keilor. Settle down lads. I'm just saying clearly Keilor have a pretty great history of kids getting drafted. I'm sure when parents are choosing a club for their kids to play at, they look at that. I would.

EK seem like they can do nothing right to please you lot. You all ramble on about what they are doing is wrong and they should spend money on junior development. They announce no fees for under 18's yesterday and you guys still complain. What exactly do they have to do to make you happy?

I will repeat, I'm not an EK supporter but they have been doing some good things and keep copping it. Give credit where its due and no fees for under 18's is a great thing. They obviously identified they want to increase participation there and they are giving it a crack.

Last year was the 1st time in many years that EK weren’t able to fill an 18s . Over the last last few years they’ve had great success in the lower divisions, unfortunately all the under 16s from last season were bottom age and the 18s before were top age and what was left couldn’t field a side so had to let kids play at other clubs. Last year there was only 1 under 16 . 2 under 14s , 2 under 12s and 2 under 10s . EK will hopefully build from there . But they do loose a lot of kids to the big clubs and St. Bernards . Maybe a little success at the top will attract a few .

Once you have a team then they can buy into/develop culture. Obviously you can’t expect to pick up an u18 program and compete with keilor and Abbers u18 team overnight mate. Got to start somewhere, luckily your opinion is irrelevant because your personality type would find a negative in everything people do especially ek. Haters going to hate.

And you mind find that will be included in the salary cap as it’s a player payment. Not a smart move!’

How would zakka even fit into the 22 with the points

They drop about 15+ points as a 4 pointer has also moved on, but your right another 6 points on one player is a lot, especially when heater still in the squad.

And you mind find that will be included in the salary cap as it’s a player payment. Not a smart move!’

Club not charging an u18.5 player membership fees, gets added to the cap?? cmon turbo 🤦‍♂️

Figured you would of had a positive comment regarding that announcement, some things never change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.comom
Good on EK ,clubs should be doing everything possible short of directly poaching other clubs under 18 players to get the numbers of their under u18 to levels where they can field a side with some in reserve to allow for injurues in these time you have to think out side the box

I agree with Turbo here, anything you cover for players (fees, uniforms etc) is all meant to count in the salary cap!
Including paying a reserves coach who is also playing (even if it’s in the reserves) which I know clubs have had issues with

Club not charging an u18.5 player membership fees, gets added to the cap?? cmon turbo 🤦‍♂️

Figured you would of had a positive comment regarding that announcement, some things never change

I’m not having a go at all just stating that it’s actually a player payment so will be interesting how it’s taken by the league.
Not sure it will entice many really Bash as I agree it must start from the lower ages. Tough getting 18s I agree and it’s worth a try. Might be best trying to entice a 16s coach with a few $$ to move clubs maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back