EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points might be what stops EK from being competitive in premier if they continue to recruit the way they have. 6 new recruits so far…
You’d think the reserves will end up having some high point players running around every week so yes will be strong

Going to be hard to fit them all into the top side. Lesser lights from the 1s head to the 2s.

Assembling a team that can knock on the door of the top 4?

Going to be hard to fit them all into the top side. Lesser lights from the 1s head to the 2s.

They are definitely going to have a crack at knocking on the door of top 4 in their first year I’d say.

I just want my slab from turbo when they beat PV

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pascoe Vale have also recruited so will still be tough to break into the top 4.

I think they’ll do enough to stay in premier though ;)

My prediction for them 5th (obviously depends on who else they recruit)

What’s their biggest deficiency going into premier? I’d say a top quality key defender & forward (current guys are a little unproven at premier level but could turn out ok)

Pascoe Vale have also recruited so will still be tough to break into the top 4.

I think they’ll do enough to stay in premier though ;)

My prediction for them 5th (obviously depends on who else they recruit)

What’s their biggest deficiency going into premier? I’d say a top quality key defender & forward (current guys are a little unproven at premier level but could turn out ok)

LoL, pretty sure they'll stay up too.

Adds a whole lot more pressure on Glenroy, Eds and AH with EK's singings.

LoL, pretty sure they'll stay up too.

Adds a whole lot more pressure on Glenroy, Eds and AH with EK's singings.

Lol I said from the start trust me we will not do the yo-yo. There is a reason they have been recruiting for 3 years so they don’t do a craigieburn.

If you plan on staying in prem you need to be developing your list for 2-3 years prior to going up.

Lol I said from the start trust me we will not do the yo-yo. There is a reason they have been recruiting for 3 years so they don’t do a craigieburn.

If you plan on staying in prem you need to be developing your list for 2-3 years prior to going up.

Probably should avoid the yo-yo if spending $200k+ over the cap.

They are definitely going to have a crack at knocking on the door of top 4 in their first year I’d say.

I just want my slab from turbo when they beat PV

i’m sure there is a few big signings to come but of the current ones announced I don’t think the top 4 will be too concerned. Dale Marshall a very good pick up, Campisi will be ok but didn’t exactly dominate the WRFL.
VanReit well and truly passed playing at this level and will be exposed by the good coaches.

Pacco big improvers IMO and will handle EK no problem. I think Abers with the addition of Marcon and huge depth with gun youth will be my early pick.

i’m sure there is a few big signings to come but of the current ones announced I don’t think the top 4 will be too concerned. Dale Marshall a very good pick up, Campisi will be ok but didn’t exactly dominate the WRFL.
VanReit well and truly passed playing at this level and will be exposed by the good coaches.

Pacco big improvers IMO and will handle EK no problem. I think Abers with the addition of Marcon and huge depth with gun youth will be my early pick.

Will see how easy pacco will
Handle ek, will Be a good game. Campisi is a great addition mate comes at 1 point is lightning quick and a goal sneak.

Yeah I agree on your assessment of current recruits… players like that are good depth players though
Big difference in Div 1 to premier is depth players… I’d say that sorta top 15-30 range of players are just as important as the top 5-10 players

Obviously it’s a balance but you can’t win it with just 10 guns for example

Will see how easy pacco will
Handle ek, will Be a good game. Campisi is a great addition mate comes at 1 point is lightning quick and a goal sneak.

Hopefully we get to find out with a clear run at it next season. I’ve seen plenty of Frankie play mate, good kid, and will be a solid Premier player. My point was he’s not a massive signing that will drastically improve EK.
Will be equally interesting to see how guys like Coletta & Micallef go who have at different times dominated Div.1 and probably should be Premier players.
If Turbo dodges his bet I’ll be happy to take a slab or 2 on EK v PV 😉

Without wishing to get into it with Turbo, the same thing seems to be said about Pacco each year, they recruit heavily without ever really going on with it.
With rumoured departures from Keilor/Aberfeldie & the decline of Greenvale over recent years, it may well be the most open comp for some time.

Hopefully we get to find out with a clear run at it next season. I’ve seen plenty of Frankie play mate, good kid, and will be a solid Premier player. My point was he’s not a massive signing that will drastically improve EK.
Will be equally interesting to see how guys like Coletta & Micallef go who have at different times dominated Div.1 and probably should be Premier players.
If Turbo dodges his bet I’ll be happy to take a slab or 2 on EK v PV

Yea fair assessment mate, of course he will dodge it, we can do a slab on it also. Why not, love me a bet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without wishing to get into it with Turbo, the same thing seems to be said about Pacco each year, they recruit heavily without ever really going on with it.
With rumoured departures from Keilor/Aberfeldie & the decline of Greenvale over recent years, it may well be the most open comp for some time.
Apart from Joyce who else is rumoured to be out for Keilor?
Abers losing Fahey, Toy any others?

Apart from Joyce who else is rumoured to be out for Keilor?
Abers losing Fahey, Toy any others?
I'd heard talk of a few more from both clubs moving on but without confirmation it isn't fair to name ppl. (I'm sorry to be that guy)
That said - Toy & Fahey departing would create a sizable hole in anyones playing stocks.

Hearing Brown no certainty to play.

Heard that also, possibility barbuto may hang the boots too I’ve heard through the grape vine, not sure how true that is

Yea fair assessment mate, of course he will dodge it, we can do a slab on it also. Why not, love me a bet

Oh my you better start saving for that slab. Paco will smash EK. The quality of there recruits vs EKs is a huge difference.
I would feel bad actually taking a slab from you as your mouth is talking but your brain isn’t thinking.

EK better have some good forwards to be annoying otherwise can’t see EK kicking enough goals to get near the top 6-7 premier sides in there first year. Who will be there prominent key forwards??
Yes they should avoid relegation but will have to still beat Glenroy and Doutta to achieve that.

Oh my you better start saving for that slab. Paco will smash EK. The quality of there recruits vs EKs is a huge difference.
I would feel bad actually taking a slab from you as your mouth is talking but your brain isn’t thinking.

EK better have some good forwards to be annoying otherwise can’t see EK kicking enough goals to get near the top 6-7 premier sides in there first year. Who will be there prominent key forwards??
Yes they should avoid relegation but will have to still beat Glenroy and Doutta to achieve that.

Turbo I don’t really care what you have to say just take the bet and move on and wait till they play.

Your delusional if you don’t think ek will finish top 7, just proves what a hater you are. You must really really hate EK mate lol.

Last edited:
Turbo I don’t really care what you have to say just take the bet and move on and wait till they play.

Your delusional if you don’t think ek will finish top 7, just proves what a hater you are. You must really really hate EK mate lol.

It’s my opinion mate what’s the problem.

I have the following clubs above EK based on what I know. But hey if EK can stay up and be competitive that’s great for EK and the competition. That should be the piority. If you do better than 7th or 8th then that will be above expectations and a great effort. Those top 6 are always thereabouts and I’m hearing Avondale should be ok again.
Strathmore
Abers
Pascoe Vale
Keilor
Marby Park
Greenvale
Avondale Heights
East Keilor

Not sure how that is hating EK I’m my opinion based predictions.

Cheers

I have the following clubs above EK based on what I know. But hey if EK can stay up and be competitive that’s great for EK and the competition. That should be the piority. If you do better than 7th or 8th then that will be above expectations and a great effort. Those top 6 are always thereabouts and I’m hearing Avondale should be ok again.
Strathmore
Abers
Pascoe Vale
Keilor
Marby Park
Greenvale
Avondale Heights
East Keilor

Cheers

Want to make it another slab on Avondale and and ek??

Strathmore
Abers
Pascoe Vale
Keilor
Marby Park
Greenvale
Avondale Heights
East Keilor

Cheers
EDS are right in the relegation conversation off the back of a couple of stars leaving no pun intended, EK promotion and recruiting. I have no doubt EK will be more than competitive in 2022. Difference between Div 1 & Prem the good sides in Prem bat very deep.. in fact the top 3 bat to 22. EK will clearly need to play a few local 1 pointers to get under the points cap and my only query against them challenging for a top 3-4 spot in year 1 will be their bottom 4-5 players. In Div 1 i believe you can probably carry a couple of young kids when you have very good top end talent like EK has to cover these young ones learning and developing game day. You get found out in Prem if you need to carry a couple of lesser light type players. The new coach is going to also get a baptism of fire but he seems well liked and well respected. Some pretty handy coaches in the top tier. I do wish them well and wouldn't it be nice to see a couple of different teams vying for a top 4 spot.

Donald D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back