EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's in the article? Buggered if I'm paying rupert to read his rag

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app
article basically said no crowds at games means clubs lose money. will players not get paid this round. article silent whether umpires would be free. kyte seems to suggest EDFL wants to play this week.
how will EK V CW be at a ground with no one in it this week. $$$$$$$$$ always dictate reality. bigger question is who polices crowds and / or numbers in public facilities. when does a suburban footy ground stop being a public park?

There has been no decision as yet
AFL Vic are lobbying the Gov about relaxing restrictions, however this detail will not be available until the Thursday
Highly unlikely play this weekend

In fact strong leadership would just call it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There has been no decision as yet
AFL Vic are lobbying the Gov about relaxing restrictions, however this detail will not be available until the Thursday
Highly unlikely play this weekend

In fact strong leadership would just call it

all metro clubs met this morning and have said they will play with no crowds if the restrictions are not lifted.

Crowds are not the issue
People live more than 25km away from the club that they play at let alone the opposition
Thought about Craigieburn, Rupertswood, Roxy etc!!

Crowds are a massive issue. Does this mean that players player for nothing?

How do they pay for all the utilities, like lights, water etc. when there is no money coming in?

Crowd restrictions have been lifted. Which means there are no restrictions to crowd numbers It’s now up to the government to lift the other important restrictions like travelling no more than 25km from your home and allowing community sport to play and not just train.
EDFL and clubs can’t stop crowds from attending matches because 90% of grounds aren’t fenced off so they can’t stop me from taking my dog for a walk or taking my kid to the play ground hence why the restrictions were lifted.
the biggest question is whether clubs will
Be allowed canteen and social rooms to open allowing

The directive from AFL Victoria at this stage is games can only go ahead with players, umpires, officials. Absolutely no crowds, no canteen, no social rooms

Why would any club agree to this and play on?

Last edited:
Wrong!
Crowd restrictions haven’t been lifted at all. Crowd restrictions has gone from 150 to 0

Which means at this stage only players and officials can attend games. No crowds, social rooms or canteens are allowed
What I saw was from regional vic which are different then us. So I’m guessing they still have a venue limit of 100 for metro melb.

What I saw was from regional vic which are different then us. So I’m guessing they still have a venue limit of 100 for metro melb.
Limit has now been lifted. But they have just reworded it. Stating that only players, umpires, officials can attend. Zero crowds allowed

Which is bloody ridiculous. The crowd limit being lifted means bugger all, if they simply say no crowds all together. How can you play with no changerooms?

1623733361236.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Limit has now been lifted. But they have just reworded it. Stating that only players, umpires, officials can attend. Zero crowds allowed

Which is bloody ridiculous. The crowd limit being lifted means bugger all, if they simply say no crowds all together. How can you play with no changerooms?

View attachment 1155829
That comes from AFL Barwon which is region Victoria. Until the government announces something or AFL Vic release something then I’ll stick the original venue limit of 100 for metro Melb for community sport

So if that the case then going it’s going to be a hell of a lot worse for Metro
20210615064748298571bc0415-686b-4254-9b68-d2c9e744d93fvic-country-footy-16x9.jpg

AFL Victoria will communicate more information about the weekend of football ahead as soon as we receive further guidance from the state government
AFL Victoria wants to see all 90 community football leagues across the state back playing again.
Everyone involved in the sport - from the 170,000-plus registered players in junior and senior club football across the state, the tens of thousands of volunteers, coaches, umpires and thousands of communities who come together around local sport - wants football back.
The health and safety of everyone involved remains a priority, and AFL Victoria continues to work closely with the Victorian Government and health authorities in aiming to bring all community football back this weekend, while adhering to government guidelines.
Currently, AFL Victoria’s Return to Play protocols, which are developed based on government guidance, state the following for regional Victoria, which was in place for last weekend:
A maximum venue capacity of patrons at any one time has been removed with the number of patrons allowed now being equal to the minimum number of people necessary to conduct the activity. Spectators are still limited to parents and guardians required to conduct the activity.
AFL Victoria understands the position this puts leagues and clubs in if it’s to continue for regional and metropolitan leagues and we are advocating for everyone across community football. We are pushing our position to the highest possible levels of state government.
AFL Victoria will communicate more information about the weekend of football ahead as soon as we receive further guidance from the state government, which we are working on obtaining.

so we can have 7,000 people go to an afl game but we can't have spectators go to a local footy game are we living in North Korea?
THis State Gov is driving me insane!
Me to. State and Federal govt are destroying our country. Wearing masks and shutting down businesses due to 1 case, zero case, etc. What a joke!

Both fed & state governments have contributed to this bs.
That said - best to keep the politics out of it & I'm just glad to have footy back.
The dilemma is how long can clubs survive with no revenue from anywhere and keep paying the players ... especially if it lasts for than a week with no crowds

with this absurd rule

oh and I have to borrow my mates dog to take him for walk on Saturday afternoon between 2 and 5

The dilemma is how long can clubs survive with no revenue from anywhere and keep paying the players ... especially if it lasts for than a week with no crowds

with this absurd rule

oh and I have to borrow my mates dog to take him for walk on Saturday afternoon between 2 and 5
Really is frustrating and over the top. What are they going to do have Police and PSO’s at every game. Where will fixture pick up from ?

Really is frustrating and over the top. What are they going to do have Police and PSO’s at every game. Where will fixture pick up from ?

According to EDFL website fixture back to week footy stopped.

Happy to see footy back but remember " Don't touch the footy, all those sweaty men. ......."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back