EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, guys, after consultations with Chief I will be making a new thread for the discussion on the Strathmore v Keilor game. All posts on that matter will be moved to it over the course of the next 30 minutes or so.
That was the only thing that had the forum going. No other posts for weeks

Marby by 14
Abers by 10
Strathmore by 160
Keilor by 32
Glenroy by 18

Ridiculous to have 100+ margins in our top division. Top 4 teams get nothing out of playing Craigieburn apart from % and possibly injuries. Think the time has arrived for discretion to come in.
If a clubs aren’t ready to move up a div then should be able to advise the league. You need to add 5-6 good players to be competitive when moving up a level. Salary cap will help but weather C’Bourne have the money or not they can’t seem to get it right. It could simply be there location but have had enough chances.
In some seasons a club like Tulla or Westy finishing 3rd-4th could be better prepared to go up than the premiers. Some of these clubs might have had home grown players leave to play higher level and on a promise to return if there club gets to premier division.
Not having a go at Craigieburn they just aren’t competitive at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ridiculous to have 100+ margins in our top division. Top 4 teams get nothing out of playing Craigieburn apart from % and possibly injuries. Think the time has arrived for discretion to come in.
If a clubs aren’t ready to move up a div then should be able to advise the league. You need to add 5-6 good players to be competitive when moving up a level. Salary cap will help but weather C’Bourne have the money or not they can’t seem to get it right. It could simply be there location but have had enough chances.
In some seasons a club like Tulla or Westy finishing 3rd-4th could be better prepared to go up than the premiers. Some of these clubs might have had home grown players leave to play higher level and on a promise to return if there club gets to premier division.

I don't know what the answer is and it's hard to know from the outside. I just hope they can recover and possibly plan for any future promotion better.

I totally agree and I think there are 2 options.
1- Try and entice another strong club into the league and put them straight into premier league. IE. Deer Park, St Albans are 2 that come to mind. *yes I understand St Albans are middle of the road WRFL but they are a pretty strong club overall and in the region
2- Entice a few more clubs and have 4 divisions of 8 teams. I do like 10 teans but as you said if 1 is struggling is not good for anyone.

I just don’t see any div1 club currently that is capable of going up and surviving and being competitive. I used to think that Hillside had the base with juniors but seniors not in the top 4 makes me think otherwise. Westmeadows had some good juniors but also seem to be just plodding at senior level. Do either clubs have the $$$$ to chase a high profile coach that will bring a few with him as they have the points space.
*Ive always based my theory on clubs must head hunt a high profile coach to be able to go up to premier. Someone who can coach at that level and attract quality players, support and sponsorship $$$. No disrespect towards the current div1 coaches as it’s a tough job. EK are obviously flying currently in div1 but not convinced they have long term plan as it seems more short term. But hey that’s just my opinion I could well be proven wrong.

cheers

Thoughts.

As you often are.
Good to see you add nothing to this forum as usual, other than sly remarks but expect that from you. What’s your opinion on how to fix it. Probably don’t have one I’m guessing.

PS: do you need any more to help you today on the boundary but surely this week your fine. Yes we know who you are!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see you add nothing to this forum as usual, other than sly remarks but expect that from you. What’s your opinion on how to fix it. Probably don’t have one I’m guessing.

PS: do you need any more to help you today on the boundary but surely this week your fine. Yes we know who you are!
I agree with some of the things you say but you drive most of us crazy going on and on about things that are only important in your eyes

I agree with some of the things you say but you drive most of us crazy going on and on about things that are only important in your eyes
I responded to a topic raised by Route59. Thought it was a reasonable thing he raised but as per your response I guess you didn’t. Probably see you clapping each goal today and enjoying the big win. You see through different glasses than most. As I see it no one gets anything out of it plus loss of income due to low crowd numbers.

I responded to a topic raised by Route59. Thought it was a reasonable thing he raised but as per your response I guess you didn’t. Probably see you clapping each goal today and enjoying the big win. You see through different glasses than most. As I see it no one gets anything out of it plus loss of income due to low crowd numbers.
[/QUOl

Last edited:
I totally agree and I think there are 2 options.
1- Try and entice another strong club into the league and put them straight into premier league. IE. Deer Park, St Albans are 2 that come to mind. *yes I understand St Albans are middle of the road WRFL but they are a pretty strong club overall and in the region
2- Entice a few more clubs and have 4 divisions of 8 teams. I do like 10 teans but as you said if 1 is struggling is not good for anyone.

I just don’t see any div1 club currently that is capable of going up and surviving and being competitive. I used to think that Hillside had the base with juniors but seniors not in the top 4 makes me think otherwise. Westmeadows had some good juniors but also seem to be just plodding at senior level. Do either clubs have the $$$$ to chase a high profile coach that will bring a few with him as they have the points space.
*Ive always based my theory on clubs must head hunt a high profile coach to be able to go up to premier. Someone who can coach at that level and attract quality players, support and sponsorship $$$. No disrespect towards the current div1 coaches as it’s a tough job. EK are obviously flying currently in div1 but not convinced they have long term plan as it seems more short term. But hey that’s just my opinion I could well be proven wrong.

cheers

Thoughts.

Don’t mind the 8 team idea.
Doesn’t have to be every year but if it needs happen let it.

Pacco’s bench for yesterday’s match against Abers at Clifton Park. Including interchange players and Digby
standing on the stool on the right there was, and I counted at least 15-16 Pacco bodies. There were so many, I had difficulty fitting them all in on my very basic IPhone 6 camera. Some are hidden behind others in the photo. It looked to me like a pre-conceived ploy to have so many there, possibly to taunt and abuse any Abers players who came within shouting distance.

I felt quite intimidated, as I’m sure so did the Abers players who were in the vicinity. I was half expecting an Abers player to run off the field and attack one of those standing on the sidelines, such was the level of provocation. Turbo’s Mail is reputedly in the inner sanctum at Pacco. Perhaps he could enlighten us whether this is standard practice at Pacco to have all these extra bodies on the sidelines, and whether he condones it. EDFL certainly needs to crack down on this blatant abuse and exploitation of the interchange personnel.

1625968495197.jpeg

Last edited:
Pacco’s bench for yesterday’s match against Abers at Clifton Park. Including interchange players and Digby
standing on the stool on the right there was, and I counted at least 15-16 Pacco bodies. There were so many, I had difficulty fitting them all in on my very basic IPhone 6 camera. Some are hidden behind others in the photo. It looked to me like a pre-conceived ploy to have so many there, possibly to taunt and abuse any Abers players who came within shouting distance.

I felt quite intimidated, as I’m sure so did the Abers players who were in the vicinity. I was half expecting an Abers player to run off the field and attack one of those standing on the sidelines, such was the level of provocation. Turbo’s Mail is reputedly in the inner sanctum at Pacco. Perhaps he could enlighten us whether this is standard practice at Pacco to have all these extra bodies on the sidelines, and whether he condones it. EDFL certainly needs to crack down on this blatant abuse and exploitation of the interchange personnel.

1625968495197.jpeg
that is very funny

Don’t mind the 8 team idea.
Doesn’t have to be every year but if it needs happen let it.

how about clubs in lower levels planning for what happens if the win the flag when recruiting and spending to get there not like craigeburn and jacana everyone knew what was going to happen if they won and thats exactly how its played out

1625968495197.jpeg
You need your glasses on or you struggle to count past 4. Looking at your photo I count 4 on the boundary line and 1 at the back in civilian clothes. So compared to your 9 on the boundary line they have 5. Go back to school or take better evidence.

Even if there was more then that’s what happens when the league does nothing to penalise SM so it’s a joke.

You need your glasses on or you struggle to count past 4. Looking at your photo I count 4 on the boundary line and 1 at the back in civilian clothes. So compared to your 9 on the boundary line they have 5. Go back to school or take better evidence.

Even if there was more then that’s what happens when the league does nothing to penalise SM so it’s a joke.
Better go to Specsavers. Far more than that in the vision. As I indicated, some were obscured due to the angle I took the shot from. I suppose I could have trotted out onto the field and taken a front on shot. Umpires and players may have objected though. Expected nothing less than your usual deflection and excuses though. You’ve been exposed ( once again) as a hypocrite, totally lacking in basic integrity, and fast and loose with the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back