EDFL Premier Division - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have known people involved with Collegians, top tier A Grade VAFA club and am certain they do not pay players and players do not play there purely for cash. The reason they can attract players is through their business connections and networking through the clubs and private school networks. This can be worth far more to someone than a few hundred dollars in an envelope each Saturday. The Eastern league to somewhat has a similar attraction with many players offered jobs and business contracts.

In saying that I think the EDFL is quite comfortably stronger than the VAFA but is a long way below EFL

I have known people involved with Collegians, top tier A Grade VAFA club and am certain they do not pay players and players do not play there purely for cash. The reason they can attract players is through their business connections and networking through the clubs and private school networks. This can be worth far more to someone than a few hundred dollars in an envelope each Saturday. The Eastern league to somewhat has a similar attraction with many players offered jobs and business contracts.

In saying that I think the EDFL is quite comfortably stronger than the VAFA but is a long way below EFL

how can you say that the edfl is better than VAFA but a long way behind efl after todays inter league finished with the VAFA boys having a convincing victory over the efl, (that is now 2 in a row)

this rightly shows that the VAFA is still the premier competition in Victoria as it is based purely on the facts

So they get jobs where they get paid "overs" for what they do, but they don't get "paid"?
End result is payment for playing.

The interleague match is irrelevant, without seeing the teams I would guess that 90% of the ex AFL players, playing for EFL did not play

Aberfeldie headed to Sunbury for their last serious hit-out, but to the disgust of Sunbury they didn't turn up on the day with their reserves as arranged (poor form Abers). Sunbury were too slick and hard at the footy and won by 4-5 goals. From what I could see Abers were possibly only missing 4-5 players (Johns, Gareth Philips and Jess Rush etc), maybe someone from Abers can tell us who was missing that would be in their best 22 ?? I can tell you who ever wore 13 & 9 are very handy players as is a couple of young blokes that played through the middle.

The interleague match is irrelevant, without seeing the teams I would guess that 90% of the ex AFL players, playing for EFL did not play

Just sounds like a sore loser to me

Efl and vafa are the two premier comps in the state despite the edfls disgust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only beat rupertswood by about 5 goals on the weekend

Not a good sign considering they are a c grade team of the vafa
Several of the new players didn't play, half a dozen U18s played and yes Rupo are a cgrade VAFA club (your point?). Rupo have some talented/solid players and are always competitive not matter who they play, isn't that the opposition you want in a practice match?

So free cars given to players isn't payment, has happened at Collegians has it not?

Give us a spell - what the VAFA do for their players is worse because they try to deny it and have done since day dot.

Granted they pump up the business connections however we generate just as many through networks in the EDFL or NFL or EFL yet don't hide the fact our clubs pay players!

Facts!

Collegians at the turn of the century were widely regarded as one of the worst offenders...

I grew up around ammos football and it snootily decided it was the premier version behind the two big pro leagues.... Than I moved North and discovered it was Bullshit.

So free cars given to players isn't payment, has happened at Collegians has it not?

Give us a spell - what the VAFA do for their players is worse because they try to deny it and have done since day dot.

Granted they pump up the business connections however we generate just as many through networks in the EDFL or NFL or EFL yet don't hide the fact our clubs pay players!

Facts!

Good points - I can agree with the first comment though as there club turn over tell you that there is no way they can pay players, they do get the benefits of employment.

I would say that the EDFL, EFL & NFL are a lot closer than most would like to think - WRFL are not far away, beyond the top four or five teams though it does slip away - SFL aren't that far away on quality at the top end either.

IMO the guess work from other competitions has ranked each geographical area without a lot to back it up - I think the mystic has stood in the way of the fact for a long time. A full strength Strathmore, Oak Park, Marby would be even money against Noble Park, Scoresby or Bundoora, Heidelberg, West Preston. There's not a lot between the teams mentioned... GFL is strong and O&M - Theres a gap between those comps.

Good points - I can agree with the first comment though as there club turn over tell you that there is no way they can pay players, they do get the benefits of employment.

I would say that the EDFL, EFL & NFL are a lot closer than most would like to think - WRFL are not far away, beyond the top four or five teams though it does slip away - SFL aren't that far away on quality at the top end either.

IMO the guess work from other competitions has ranked each geographical area without a lot to back it up - I think the mystic has stood in the way of the fact for a long time. A full strength Strathmore, Oak Park, Marby would be even money against Noble Park, Scoresby or Bundoora, Heidelberg, West Preston. There's not a lot between the teams mentioned... GFL is strong and O&M - Theres a gap between those comps.

Boys, who cares?

Its an old argument - who has the better comp and to be honest its boring. Every league will back their own and every league has quality players/teams. Yes you all have valid points/arguments but lets move on.

Round 1 in A grade - some massive games .....

Flag - Mores
Improver - Abers Top 2
Relegation - Cburn
League B&F - Iacobucci
Goal Kicking - Lucas
Slider - Oak Park

Good Friday Game - Keilor V Strathmore at Keilor Recreation Reserve.
Keilor seem to have flown under the radar this preseason so it will be interesting to see how things unfold.
Keilor to beat last years premiers before they get up & going.

Good Friday Game - Keilor V Strathmore at Keilor Recreation Reserve.
Keilor seem to have flown under the radar this preseason so it will be interesting to see how things unfold.
Keilor to beat last years premiers before they get up & going.
Yes this match promises to be a beauty. A great opening to the 2012 season. Hot 30 degree day is certainly going to test the fitness of the players. I cannot for the life of me understand why the EDFL are not heavily promoting this on their website. Maybe they don't want to cop any collateral flak which may fly as a result of playing a match on Good Friday.

They are still showing it as being played on 5th May in their fixturing. The only reason I know that it is on on Friday is because it was mentioned on this website and also on Keilor's website.

good friday game won't be broadcast on North West FM but there will be live text and quarter-by-quarter audio updates via www.twitter.com/edflfooty for those of you not going

match of the day will be back on saturday, april 14 on north west fm 98.9 and also streaming on the web via www.northwestfm.org

the anzac day game is on a wednesday but will be broadcast live

Yes this match promises to be a beauty. A great opening to the 2012 season. Hot 30 degree day is certainly going to test the fitness of the players. I cannot for the life of me understand why the EDFL are not heavily promoting this on their website. Maybe they don't want to cop any collateral flak which may fly as a result of playing a match on Good Friday.

They are still showing it as being played on 5th May in their fixturing. The only reason I know that it is on on Friday is because it was mentioned on this website and also on Keilor's website.

Think the EDFL are staying away from promoting the game themselves as a lot of clubs are unhappy about it happening.

MATTY PILLIOS TOP 50!

Over the last couple of weeks Matty has been in constant communications with the coaches while formulating his Top 50! Be sure to visit www.edflfooty.com over the next couple of days to see the Top 50!

Alot of work and discussions with coaches has been put into this so we look forward top your feedback at www.edflfooty.com

COMING SOON

After the Top 50 release Matty will also list the Top 20 recruits for each grade! All of this plus more at www.edflfooty.com

Love Mattys work, but the boy is not longer part of the EDFL so no sure his opinion to pick a top 50 carries much weight, maybe time to pass on the Barton to someone else.

Love Mattys work, but the boy is not longer part of the EDFL so no sure his opinion to pick a top 50 carries much weight, maybe time to pass on the Barton to someone else.

Mate I think you would find Mattys knowledge of the EDFL is still up there with the best of them. His passion is the EDFL and he has never stopped following closely.

Also he has not taken the task of making his top 50 lightly and that is why he has been in communication with the coaches as well so he has definately done his homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back